battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

BC2 felt a whole lot better SFX-wise. I thought that the slight loss of character hearing after a nearby explosion was very nicely implemented, and so was the time between seeing an explosion from a distance and hearing it a second later.
BC2 had soul. BF3 feels a bit like a blue tinted robot with limited character in comparison.

• Supporters

I have high hopes for it. At first I thought they might be turning into CoD and releasing games on a timetable every year, except it being every 3 or 4.

But now I'm starting to think they're working on it so it can be optimised for the next generation of consoles. Which means we ought to see 60 frames per second gaming and at least 50 player severs on console, which is only ever going to be awesome news. I think they'll at least match the success of BF3, if not improve on it.

I think I'll aim to get a gaming PC instead of the next gen consoles though, 'cos it's plain to see that the new consoles still aren't going to come close to a well set up gaming PC.

The PS4 and new Xbox will be close to High-mid ranged mainstream PC gaming. However with the jump forward in console capability, PC games will also be able to jump forward as they won't be held back. There will always be a large gap between PC gaming and Console gaming, as theres a delay between PC tech and then having to scale it down for console use.

Looking forward to the next gen consoles just so i can get some really pretty PC games XD

The thing is, they won't be up to high end spec PC gaming because PC gaming itself will have moved on then as well! :P

BF4 will be out around late October I'll go as far as saying the 25th lol and yes it will be available for next gen consoles. It will also bring back the much missed commander for your team, definitely a good thing, I've always liked the idea of a Titan mode (2142) where you have to attack each teams aircraft carrier (instead of titan in the sky obviously lol.) A real fantastic game mode that will go down a storm I'm sure if they decide to include it.

-Day off school, boiler broken.

-Wake up at 11AM

-Eat a snack, go on xbox.

-Play some games with Ed

-Consider revision for Chemistry and Biology GCSE mocks tomorrow.

-Decide a few more game won't hurt anyone.

-Play BF3 with Ed for the next 9 hours...F*CK ME I WASTED A DAY. If I fail, I'm blaming it on Ed. Even though it's kind of my own fault...but w/e. XD

• Supporters

Haha 9 hours. I went on for another 3 xD

It was a good day :P

Meh, Biology was pretty easy. Chemistry not so much, but I blame that on my terrible teacher.

Physics is always the most simple, just common sense tbh (IMO).

I unlocked some sort of BF4 dog tag for use in BF3..."I Was There"

I think the gameplay on the 27th will be good...hopefully...

• Supporters

BF4 reveal video - do want.

• Supporters

Orly? Must've missed that. Forgot it existed. Tbh, I think we ought to just rename this one to "Battlefield" so we can more generally talk about any/all BF titles in the same place.

Don't see what all the hype is about...tbh it'll still have the heavily scripted campaign 3 had, and more stupid weapon performance statistics and complicated systems withing those 3 also had. maybe also the bugs every time dice 'fix' their own game

• Supporters

Played 3 for the first time in ages this afternoon, forgotten how much fun it is... still miss bc2 more though. Might have to get more xbl to play more again.

Doesn't seem to be as many servers as I remember available? Did they remove some or something?

• Supporters

Xbox is still going strong as ever, even Hardcore servers are easy to come by.

XBL is hardly a huge investment, can't believe you won't just pay it.

• Supporters

Got a car to pay for almost allof my money just goes straight into that Ed, the rest goes into airsoft. £40 is two game days- which I get far more enjoyment out of than a couple of hours a week on the Xbox :P

My Xbox these days is used almost solely for forza

• Supporters

You poor bastard.

Literally ^_^

Fall 2013, probably Aug-Oct I'd think.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Ahahah epic.

Reminds me of a Freddie Wong action video I saw ages ago, using a skidloader and C4. Turns out DICE had employed him to promote he the release of the expansion pack 'Back to Karkand' :)

• Supporters

Yeah it reminded me of that too.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.