battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Which ones have you got?

It's mostly Karkand maps and originals, but I can edit it to get more people in the game.

• Supporters

Yeah, there was a massive 1.7Gb patch the other day. I don't know how it was so massive either because I haven't even noticed any changes.

The new DLC is 1.6Gb and I'm just downloading it now.

But for the testing of the server, I'll leave it with BF3 classic and B2K maps.

• Supporters

Well I had about 8 people playing TDM at one point, had health set to 30% and it was good fun.

What kills it though, is that Battlefield simply isn't intended to be played in that way and of course, the lack of people. I imagine getting a full set of 24 players, all using comms and being able to play a proper game mode on a full size map, with vehicles and everything, would be awesome.

But it just doesn't work all that well with so few people.

Having said that though, I had a tense as hell sniper duel on Gulf of Oman. I was sweating afterwards! One on one, one shot to kill. It was so silent that I didn't want to move around because hearing myself freaked me out haha.

• Supporters

and i was giving very close info that was anywhere on the map lol

i would have stayed longer but my Box kept Freezing when i turned it back on i was well enjoying destroying everyone in the Chopper...

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

Neeeeeccccrrrrooooooo-pppoooo... Hang on.

*Gets defibs out*

-Zap-

*Revives the thread*

So, who's still playing this? What do you make of all the new DLCs? Looking forward to End Game? What about BF4 and the next gen consoles?

Still dabbling. Only to satisfy my OCD and get all the unlocks in the game. They keep making more :(

• Supporters

I have all the weapons, not too bothered about getting all the weapon attachments and camos. Especially since some of them are down right impossible...

It's still my most played game and I only just reach rank 50... All those Level 100 people must be actual freaks.

• Supporters

Haven't touched it since my xbl ran out last year, moved in to forza instead :P

Assuming they keep internet gaming free on the ps4 I'll probably end up with one and would start up playing again but it'd take seconds place to gran turismo to me.

I enjoy using jets, so I'm definitely looking forward to End Game...Air superiority is back!
Might go on later actually...been a while, but I'll have to wait until after I've finished some Homework...

Still playing and still enjoying it, getting ever closer to that crazy level 145 :unsure:

I really like Aftermath, it's really grown on me. You can get some excellent teamwork going and a small squad can really dominate. Looking forward to the new one in a couple of weeks, capture the flag will be a good addition. I still can't help thinking that Team King of the Hill needs to make an appearance in a BF series though, such a great game mode.

BF4 is a strange one, they are obviously releasing it so soon after to keep up with the COD series, gamers want new things rather than just being happy with the base game and limited expansions previous Battlefields offered. Aiming it for release at the same time as next gen consoles is another obvious ploy that will get console sales soaring. I just can't see what extra can be added for PC though? Apart from new maps and maybe better weapon and soldier customisation options? Graphics can't improve that much, you have to think that they may even be running out of ideas themselves? :blink:

Actually Medal Of Honor was axed completely and Battlefield is definetly taking over as EA's answer to the COD Serie's

I didn't say anything about that? :unsure:

BF3 has been in competition with the COD series right from the word go, not just since MOH was put to bed. It's plain to see that they wanted to steal some of the COD fans with the expansion packs, game modes and game styles in the game.

• Supporters

I never said BF3 wasn't competing before hand :rolleyes:

anyway i said what i said because you mentioned BF4 being released so soon so i told you MOH was Axed it's likely because EA saw a way to maybe make more Green and become a better rated shooter (If anything it's put me off buying Battlefield game's at all anymore) MOH was aimed Primarily at getting the COD People one year and then the next year it was battlefail and they alternated all i said is that BattleFail is Taking over and nothing is replacing MOH hence BattleFail is Replaceing MOH by being released every year i wanna go further with it but ICBA

Also I'm not attacking you before any try's Jumping up my Corny

I never said BF3 wasn't competing before hand :rolleyes:

anyway i said what i said because you mentioned BF4 being released so soon so i told you MOH was Axed it's likely because EA saw a way to maybe make more Green and become a better rated shooter (If anything it's put me off buying Battlefield game's at all anymore) MOH was aimed Primarily at getting the COD People one year and then the next year it was battlefail and they alternated all i said is that BattleFail is Taking over and nothing is replacing MOH hence BattleFail is Replaceing MOH by being released every year i wanna go further with it but ICBA

Also I'm not attacking you before any try's Jumping up my Corny

Ahh, just when you said "actually..." it sounded like you was picking up on something I said. :)

Yea I agree definitely, the BF series of old put time and quality into games like BF2 and that's why it lasted so long, no one really complained, BF3 was released 6 years after BF2! It's no coincidence that the release dates now correspond with COD's! Battlefield has changed, even the feel of the game doesn't feel like the updated BF2 but with better graphics that many people wanted.

I never for a second thought you was attacking me? lol :P

• Supporters

Some people do because i geuss i come across as too Agressive in Text (Trying to change that though and Improve my written Language!)

I see it now yeah Poor choice of word's on my part then :rolleyes:

You might Like Arma or the Operation Flashpoint serie's (Their a bit more Simulation too), I don't know if that would float your boat though. but OF has Taken over from BF with ease in my personal opinion

Some people do because i geuss i come across as too Agressive in Text (Trying to change that though and Improve my written Language!)

I see it now yeah Poor choice of word's on my part then :rolleyes:

You might Like Arma or the Operation Flashpoint serie's (Their a bit more Simulation too), I don't know if that would float your boat though. but OF has Taken over from BF with ease in my personal opinion

No problems :)

I have played ARMA 2 or FARMA as we nicknamed it, after running around fields for hours haha. Havent seen anything of OF yet, will check out some gameplay. No games match up to Black Hawk Down in my opinion, just the perfect game play and at the time seemed like there were no problems. You could play on a map for hours, the same map and not get bored. You just don't get that anymore, I don't know how anyone can sit on Metro on BF3 and just nade and spray their asses off. :blink:

Quick question to the Battlefielders (3), I seem to be crap as an infantryman online (1/25 K/D), However I seem to be the best, bar none in tanks (19/1 K/D averaging about 5 enemy tank kills for every 1 I lose), is this a noob or frowned upon thing to use tanks (along the lines of M203's in COD)? or is there any way that they are used that is frowned upon? (Xbox 360)

Rather ironically on the flashpoint series (dragon rising, red river) I'm an extremely accomplished rifleman achieving headshots with relative ease at 250m-300m with an ACOG (400m+ with the sniper scope), but absolutely useless when in vehicles.

Personally I prefer flashpoint as a series, I hope they do another one which use the best points of both.

No problems :)

I have played ARMA 2 or FARMA as we nicknamed it, after running around fields for hours haha. Havent seen anything of OF yet, will check out some gameplay.

There are expansion packs. Including a PMC and British one that is mainly desert based, if wooded countryside isnt your thing :P

• Supporters

Quick question to the Battlefielders (3), I seem to be crap as an infantryman online (1/25 K/D), However I seem to be the best, bar none in tanks (19/1 K/D averaging about 5 enemy tank kills for every 1 I lose), is this a noob or frowned upon thing to use tanks (along the lines of M203's in COD)? or is there any way that they are used that is frowned upon? (Xbox 360)

Rather ironically on the flashpoint series (dragon rising, red river) I'm an extremely accomplished rifleman achieving headshots with relative ease at 250m-300m with an ACOG (400m+ with the sniper scope), but absolutely useless when in vehicles.

Personally I prefer flashpoint as a series, I hope they do another one which use the best points of both.

I'd say I was a bit of a self proclaimed boss in tanks as well, I freakin' love the T95. I'd say it would be considered a noob tactic to just whore the tanks and never venture anywhere on foot, but I personally don't care. I don't understand people saying stuff is a nooby thing to do because it bags you easy kills.

If it kills people, use it!

The only exception is using frag rounds in auto shotguns. You're just a gigantic cucking funt if you do that, especially if you're one of those people that have it as their dog tags and boast about having a million kills with it...

• Supporters

I'm Good in tank's No idea on my stat's or anything but i excell while Piloting Chopper's either Transport or not and dogfighting in them with jet's (Exsclusively Play With the Mortar dude or the Medic =D)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody been playing End Game on PS3 yet? I don't think I have access to it as I am a PC player but I probably won't be playing it much anyways. I recently started playing Bad Company 2 again and MY GOD! It is 1000x more fun than BF3. Full server with a fun squad = pure win. Seriously the laughs Ive had after coming back to BC2 is just immense. Technically BF3 is a better game. Visuals, weapon mechanics and movement (but I still get stuck on a single brick a lot) but BC2 just has my heart for one of the best FPS games every made. Plus it has better weapon sounds. Especially the F2K. Love that lightning fast sound!

I will post my thoughts on End Game when I get around to playing it :)

• Supporters

Yeah, aspects of BC2 were definitely more fun, sniping especially.

I think vehicle explosions were done better as well, not to mention destructible environments and the freakin' awesome Vietnam expansion. If you could go prone I'd probably have gone back to it lol.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.