battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yup ARMA II is awesome, and so is DAYZ.

Will have to check the server out :P

Yup ARMA II is awesome, and so is DAYZ.

Will have to check the server out :P

We've had a few hackers on in the last couple of days spawning choppers (I know this because my group got the only legit chopper spawn!) so it goes on and off depending on the situation. usually my other admin turns it off and I tell him off and turn it back on XD

• Supporters

Has anyone read up on Armoured Kill?

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/08/tank-...rity-game-mode/

It sounds pretty god damn immense.

My only worry, and it's a big one, is that it makes almost all of the tank unlocks completely useless apart from guided shells and IR smoke.

I think I usually run tanks with reactive armour, zoom optics and the HMG for infantry.

For armoured kill I'm going to have to swap my armour for smoke and my gun for missiles. And I really hate using the missiles. At least I can keep the zoom though, I imagine that's something that'll come in handy.

I wonder what tanks they're going to add to be classed as the "Tank destroyers" 'cos it says they're more mobile than tanks, have lighter armour, but the same firepower and all that springs to my mind that fits that description is a Stryker with a tank gun on it.

I thought they were adding mobile artillery. I think that'd be much better.

The arty could sit back and blast the enemy tanks, whilst the enemy arty would sit back and blast the friendly tanks. Both teams tanks would be trying to capture the objective, whilst simultaneously trying to flank around to destroy the opposing team's artillery to make the task of capping the point easier.

I ought to be a DICE employee with that idea.

Also, where are the jets at? The Frogfoot and Warthogs would make this expansion much better and if there's only about 16 tanks per map, even on console there's going to be people wanting to do other stuff, 'cos what good is a gunner going to be when everyone's in tanks? Since being on foot would be suicide, there needs to be some jets knocking about, maybe even a couple of attack choppers per map.

Then there'll be 8 v 8 tanks, 2 choppers and 2 jets, and all 12 vehicles are capable of destroying the other 12 vehicles.

Doesn't leave room for any second seat positions on console though. It might be a bit of a balancing act.

Im super excited for this DLC. So glad I got premium ^_^

Anyways I am happy with what they are trying to do. It makes me switch up my vehicle playstyle and setup. I usually run reactive armour, Canister shell (cause nothing beats a giant shotgun to the face) and then swap the last slot around to mix it up for fun. In this game mode it will make you focus on other tanks and not just infantry, which is what I normally do in BF3 since most tank drivers are off playing in the corner somewhere (theyre not great to be honest, usually my team takes them out before i can).

As an engineer I can wait to use my three step punch again :) lock on and fire with the guided shell, fire main turret and then exit the tank for that quick SMAW to finish them off. I used to do this in Bad Company 2 and people thought I was hacking. it was fun :3 Also I cant wait to use the EOD bot to mess with people. I once made a tank reverse across the map in fear of my bot once. It was hilarious! I wonder what weapons will be added. I really hope the AT4 comes back. I really REALLY do! That was the most fun rocket launcher ever. Hardly ever hit my target if it was a heli but I had fun nonetheless.

hmm havnt really played BF3 in a while. Might give it another go when its released though.

You play on PC acorn?

Yup I play PC these days. I did have xbox too but when EA decided premium doesnt carry over to all your accounts then I said F*CK YOU EA! and sold my xbox copy.

I'm InsaneAcorn on battlelog

• Supporters

I got some TurtleBeach headphones for my Xbox the other day and oh my god, Battlefield3 is just one, long, never ending eargasm from start to finish.

You get a degree of surround sound too, so it's upped my game slightly, I can hear shots in the distance and know which direction they're coming from, as well as ambushing people running because I can hear where they are :P

It's awesome.

The only downside is that if you're chatting with them at the same time the chat tends to block out the sounds of the game, regardless of the volume settings.

You also have to have the volume really high to get the full effect, so as a result I'm going deaf lol.

• 2 weeks later...

So armored kill is out next month! I'm super excited to play the new game modes and see how the new vehicles affect the overall game progression. Plus it's an excuse to play BF3 again. I've been going back to playing BFBC2 these days. Lots to look forward to :) I'm also pretty excited about the new MOH game. the last one did not impress me at all though. Only problem is I have to balance BF3 AK with Borderlands 2!

• Supporters

My Game's of this year will be MOH And the New AC

I thought MOH2010 was Perfect in campaign just failed almost every other aspect

• Supporters

I agree with Craig, the campaign was great. The multiplayer was done by a whole different set of people though, to me it barely seemed like the same game.

But the campaign had leaning, it had sliding (if you went into a crouch whilst running) and when you changed fire modes on rifles, the selector lever ACTUALLY moved!

If all other shooters would introduce those mechanics, it would improve them significantly. BF3 could really do with a lean stance.

Speaking of BF3 though, I want them to give some new army's to play as. It'd be cool if you could play as more than just Russia or the US Army.

There ought to be a British pack, maybe also Canadian, Israeli, German, French and they ought to all come with the tanks, jeeps, ACPs, jets, guns, player skins etc.

I think it'd be badass if you could play as Britain, have the RIS L85, drive around in a Challenger II, fly a Lynx/Apache or a Tornado/Typhoon etc. They could make the different army's additional DLC or something.

Best thing about BF2 was the challanger tanks, the harriers and the SAS :)

Why does it always fall back to US vs Russia nowadays?

• Supporters

I don't know! Have Russia and the US actually EVER fired a shot at each other?

I think Russians just get labelled as the enemy because Russia is where THE terrorist weapon came from lol. The Cold War is like, the only "war" between the US and Russia... Seems like Russia must've really bummed out on that one...

But yeah, more armies needed!

More armies would be pretty awesome. It would be nice to get away from the standard FPS stereotypes. Nothing is new these days. Think about it.

WWI,II = Germans/Japanese

Modern = Russia, China, Middle East

FPS games are hugely racist in my opinion. I wouldnt care if the enemy was English in modern games. Would be nice to have something different. Or even GB vs US. That would be a pretty unique game. And you can just imagine the attention that game will get from... Well pretty much everybody. Governments, Parents, tabloids, Game Journalists. And it will probably add more fuel to the England vs US fire thats been going on since they claimed independence haha. But still... It would be different! And in a market that is fast running out of ideas, I welcome that.

But back to BF3. I want to try out the AC130. I wonder how hard it is to shoot down, and how high it flies. So many new things to sink my teeth in to.

• Supporters

The reason it is Usually Russia V USA is because their Military Power is about the same aswell as the amount of Personnel they have where as we are too small to have a game Script to be done on an All out basis.

But you're forgetting how far away the US is from the UK. If the game was about an invasion or something then it would be pretty unbiased... or maybe even biased towards the UK. For the US to do long distance invasion it would be almost impossible. Especially against a country that isnt bad on military power too. We're not up there in sheer numbers but we're not bad to be honest. Anyways Any attack would require a LOT of resources, and any troops, carriers, navy boats, planes that are taken out it would be almost impossible to call for reinforcements because of the distance. Sure they have air advantage. But we have home advantage :D

And I'm pretty sure nukes arent going to be flying too.

I think it would make for a pretty interesting game and a very unique story line! But thats just me... Somebody should make a BF3 mod for this

• Supporters

The stupidest thing about the armies that are in the game, is the fact that DICE are from effing Sweden! Not the US, so why is it that the US always have all their vehicles and weapons added in perfect detail, even though the game is from Europe?!

Anyway:

Armoured Kill release date:

PS3 Premium - September 4th

Xbox & PC Premium - September 11th

PS3 Non-Premium - September 18th

Xbox & PC Non-Premium - September 25th

The 11th it is then. Wish I'd not got rid of my PS3, the BF community is much larger on the PS3, or at least that's how it looks to me, having gone from PS3 to 360 for the sake of a few friends who are never online *grumble grumble grumble*

I think it's 'cos there's no shitty Halo stealing 50% of the console's gamers.

Awesome! I cant wait. Although recently I have been joining a few stupid servers where players are boosting in CQ.

This really annoyed me. First time I've ever seen mass boosting in a battlefield game.. EVER. Hopefully there wont be any of this crap in AK. I will be getting it on 11th too as I have it for PC. I think the xbox sales are larger than both PC and PS3 combined... Last I heard anyway. I've not been keeping up to speed with it all as life is getting busy :(

as a reply to the conversation earlier about how FPS' are very racist and repetitive, country and military wise...Just thought I aught to add in that in some CoD, CSS and Battlefield maps, the Arabic written is literally translated as "The djfdjfhdiafg". My Lebanese mate told me about this and I found it hilarious!

But to be honest, I'd love to play as a British soldier. Maybe instead of the whole army thing, just have it so when you are changing your character's camouflage, you can get special army skins such as "British Infantry" and "Bundeswehr Infantry", and then for the Recon a simple Ghillie suit? I think it'd be cool, although the teams would have to be referred to as Blue and Red or something due to multiple countries. It could be NATO and "The people NATO don't like"

Edit: we seem to only be dreaming about friendly people when we talk about this,

something occurred to me, In the bloody campaign you play against Iranians as well i think, don't worry about the chinese thing i mentioned earlier that was me getting confused.

• Supporters

You fight the Chinese? Whut? I don't remember that part.

I wish that the US team were the Army instead of the Marines. 'Cos I don't like the Cobra that much, the Apache is waaaayyyyy more badass. Blackhawks are cooler than Hueys as well.

The arabic writing thing is quite hilarious. Can't believe there hasn't been any internet rage hyping about that.

As for a server dedicated to boosting... I just don't see why people do it. If you want something, you can now buy all the class weapons and gadgets in a pack, meaning it takes all of 30 seconds to get everything. To me the fun of the game comes from working towards your chosen unlocks, reaching 300 kills for the final accessory or whatever. If you're going to boost to get everything, what's the point?

Since I play Hardcore I usually team kill people I see boosting, or if they're doing the 'shoot and repair an EoD bot' routine, I'll just shoot the EoD bot lol.

Last night I was playing on Tehran Highway as the Russian team on CQ, 4 or 5 of the American team were standing at the edge of their base and sniping down on everyone and I went 27 for 0 on just those 4 or 5 people because they kept going back to the same spot... I would've beaten my highest killstreak if it weren't for the fact that I got booted for 'Spawn killing' because it was 'Against the server host's rules'... <_< So I pointed out to them that if I hadn't been killing them in their spawn, they'd have never moved and just kept killing everyone in my team, they might as well have had god mode enabled if they weren't allowed to be killed whilst they were there.

Funnily enough, 'No shooting in or out of bases' was also a server host rule... Funny how double standards work, eh? People who abuse admin powers ought to be shot at dawn for ruining the game for everyone. I bloody hate the lack of hardcore servers on the Xbox, I have to join rented ones with douche bags hosting them, it sucks. Last night the server browser found 5 hardcore servers... In the world... Only 2 of which contained any people. Yet, my server history has about 4 or 5 fully populated servers in it... So why didn't they come up? I think the server controls are all stupidly broken.

Sigh.

I hope Armoured Kill is worth the hype. I'm interested to know what the new vehicle unlocks are.

• Supporters
But you're forgetting how far away the US is from the UK. If the game was about an invasion or something then it would be pretty unbiased... or maybe even biased towards the UK. For the US to do long distance invasion it would be almost impossible. Especially against a country that isnt bad on military power too. We're not up there in sheer numbers but we're not bad to be honest. Anyways Any attack would require a LOT of resources, and any troops, carriers, navy boats, planes that are taken out it would be almost impossible to call for reinforcements because of the distance. Sure they have air advantage. But we have home advantage :D

And I'm pretty sure nukes arent going to be flying too.

I think it would make for a pretty interesting game and a very unique story line! But thats just me... Somebody should make a BF3 mod for this

LOLZ, one US carrier battlegroup would and could faceroll most of our navy and airforce in a week.

Supply chain is NOT an issue for America, they have so many ships it's unreal.

I edited my edit on my other comment, my mistake!

But sometimes when they write Arabic signs they don't use normal names, like Al Jerry's (The Jerry's)...I have never

heard an Arab called Jerry! somethings are just hilarious...

what do you guys think End Game will be like? what sort of weapons would you like to see them include in Arftermath and End Game? I want to see an L22 Carbine for the Engineer Kit as I love being an Engineer and I don't have a British weapon to use :'(

By the way my mate has a hardcore server (on Xbox 360) and I think it's large maps on Conquest right now. Just search "AVSCO" and the D-script should contain something about the admins being Mini Airsofter (My mate) although it usually has no body on it, I often go on there with Mini Airsofter to do 1V1 in Jets, Attack Helo's etc and then more and more people join and it builds up :)

LOLZ, one US carrier battlegroup would and could faceroll most of our navy and airforce in a week.

Supply chain is NOT an issue for America, they have so many ships it's unreal.

Thats what I said. Our navy and airforce is lame in comparison as US favour air warfare over ground, which is what we're best at. Anyways its a hypothetical situation and to be honest nobody knows everything about both sides so its a null point. But it's still fun to discuss.

As for the BF3 servers on XBOX... Arent there any official servers anymore? I sold my xbox copy so I cant even load it up to take a look. Although I cant stand HC servers. Everybody runs a sniper rifle with 12x scope or red dot. I used to run red dot in BC2 core to improve my headshots. I just cant stand HC XD Bullets do enough damage imo since they went all CoD on us. (average weapon damage is over 20 or close to it. in BC2 the average damage was more like 17)

• Supporters

I can't understand everyone moaning about the damage in hardcore, I think of it as it being easier for me to die, so there's more challenge. You have to think things through more.

Plus, on BFBC2, snipers were 1 hit kill, at any range, regardless of where they hit you. On hardcore anyway. No one moaned about it then.

I kind of hate how there are forums set up for people to leave feedback because all that happens, is people moan about stuff until it gets changed and then they just find different things to moan about... It leads to a never ending need for changes and the game never reaches perfection. Everyone ought to just play it and learn how to deal with all the pros and cons.

Plus, snipers are still two hits on hardcore, it's just the same as on normal mode apart from there's no bloody stupid, game destroying 3D spotting.

Hardly anyone runs snipers in my experience. Maybe it's different on PC.

• Supporters

Multiplayer Update 4 is now live.

So far the only changes I've noticed have caused me great joy: The L85 and L86 now have the correct fire modes lol. No bullshit burst mode or lack of semi-auto =D

The L86 is now quite an effective DMR and the L85 no longer gets me killed because I forget I have to tap up on the D-pad twice to get back to auto from semi.

Anyone on the PS3 got Armoured Kill yet? It's available to PS3 Premium users as of today. I'd like to hear some feedback on it.

In reply to your first post. i can agree about the moaners. I didnt play HC in BFBC2 much because I didnt like it. Some people do but there is no reason to moan about it until it gets changed. People need to learn they paid to PLAY the game. Not make it! It still belongs to the developer/publisher.

If its not a one shot in BF3 then my mistake. I didnt play it much but when I did I always got one shotted by snipers. Maybe I was aleady slightly damaged? Who knows, but I prefer the ability to spot :)

As for AK. Lucky PS3 people! I've watched a few videos and some of the maps look awesome :) I cant wait to see how the PC version will be different. I want to fly that AC130 too! I might even be able to shoot it down in a jet for once. I'm a crappy jet pilot so it is good the AC130 is a massive target! I might just stick to my choppering though. I'm a good choppa person. Although apparently they removed gunner flares?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.