battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Gun master you mean?

It's terrible. Worst game mode ever in my opinion.

Basically, you start off with a pistol, then for every two kill you get, you get a new gun.

So you have a gun, get two kills, get another gun etc etc. Once you've got through 16, you have to get a knife kill to win.

So it's the first to get through all the guns, basically.

Yeah. I actually get on with it on BF3

Everyone has same guns, makes it more of a pace of skill rather than playing with overpowered / favourite guns.

• Supporters

Sounds good to be honest, I love playing it on CSS, nice to see it in a more 'controlled' game, if you know what I mean.

Just prepare to be frustrated with some of the guns :P

Theres the MK3A2 shotgun with frag rounds, and the Grenade Launcher which annoyingly shoots timed grenades.

Both horrible to try get kills with.

• Supporters

It'll be good. Does it have a time limit?

Now I just need to work out how I'm going to spend £40 on Premium..

Keeps on going AFAIK

doesn't take too long a game though compared to the larger games of conquest / rush

Love running round knifing people though as it demotes them a gun XD People get so angry

• Supporters

That's alright then.

Some games take ages, one server played a game of rush for a couple of hours, 500% tickets.

Was on defending team and we held them off until about 20 tickets left, then let them plant. Until the last objectives, then we won :P.

I like doing that on CSS. People get really angry on BF3, especially when I kill them through smoke, or snipe with an ACOG..

Screw that. I love taking out snipers from the other side of the map with a shotgun w/ slug rounds :P

• Supporters

Slugs + M1014 + Extended mag + Eotech = Win!

I used to really hate shotguns, but you have to use them if you want to get all the weapons, so I chose that set up for a bit more range and omg, I totally bossed that game. The damn thing's like a laser cannon.

I do still hate shottys. The weapon of a troll :P

nothing better than running round a corner and shotty to the face, as you know the real human the other end has just jumped 5' off their seat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I was just playing through the campaign to get the Semper Fidelis achievement and something occurred to me.

There's a Barret M107 in the campaign, it's in one of the last missions when you're playing as the Russian guy and you get to use it equipped with a thermal sight.

Soooo....

Do you think Dice would really go to the trouble of making a gun for the game and then restricting it to campaign use only? Every other weapon in the campaign is available online, every single one.

I think that the Barret might be an unlock for the next expansion, Armoured Kill - it's the largest calibre small arm in the game and it lends itself to mega range engagements and Armoured Kill is meant to include the largest Battlefield Map ever made.

Just a thought.

• Supporters

They restricted the M107 to single player only because if it was in multiplayer, it would be unbalanced and pretty much overpowered, and if they balanced it, then it wouldn't do much damage so would be like the other semi-auto snipers and unrealistic, so they left it out.

• Supporters

Wow, well that sucks.

I honestly think that Armoured Kill is going to be immensely sh*t on console. 12 players per team is no where near enough for maps as big as they're suggesting. It'll take about 10 minutes to find one guy.

• Supporters

Yeah could be annoying.

I've played hide and seek (kinda-like game) on wake island before. Was in squad team death match, 1 person in one squad and two squads full. Then everyone goes hide while the other person faces away. The person on his own has to knife all the other players, once knifed, they switch and join his team. Hiders aren't allowed to kill. Last man standing starts as the seeker.

Took a while to find the last few guys though.

• Supporters

I always thought it'd be really awesome to have a nothing but snipers game, where everyone has to be mega tactical and move slowly in the prone position to avoid being spotted.

Having to make calculated one shot kills and be wary that others will see your tracers, muzzle flash etc. So having to shoot from a concealed position.

All about concealment, stealth, marksmanship and patience. Just my cup of tea.

Unfortunately, no one else on earth seems to like the sound of that, meaning it will never happen in a million years... =[

• Supporters

There are sniper only servers on PC, where the use of any other weapon (apart from side arms and knives) results in getting kicked.

Problem is that all anyone does is uses either a red dot or low-power scope and uses snipers like assault rifles.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior has a multiplayer mode, which is supposed to be all about concealment, but they put the Mk12 Mod 0 in it, which is semi-automatic, so everyone just rapid-fires with that, and you can't see where any shots come from as all the weapons are silenced.

• Supporters

Just discovered this stats site, which I think is pretty swish.

I like knowing I'm in the top 1% of players on the 360 with my awesome headshots, skill level and longest range headshot :P

http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/Bullet4MyEnemy#360

• Supporters

I hate this thread, I want to play battlefield so much but can't justify the cost of Xbox live. Then I come here and see all the cool new stuff on the game too, that new vehicle map pack thing looks so cool :/

• Supporters

I want premium, but with the plans for my L96, I'm going to be rather tight on money :(

I always thought it'd be really awesome to have a nothing but snipers game, where everyone has to be mega tactical and move slowly in the prone position to avoid being spotted.

Having to make calculated one shot kills and be wary that others will see your tracers, muzzle flash etc. So having to shoot from a concealed position.

All about concealment, stealth, marksmanship and patience. Just my cup of tea.

Unfortunately, no one else on earth seems to like the sound of that, meaning it will never happen in a million years... =[

I used to have sniper only games in Timesplitters 2... Not exactly tactical but it was awesome fun! Back in the good ol days. Anyways if you want to play tactical sniper games then you can do that :) I think you're a console person though? The choices I am about to recommend are mostly PC titles. So without further ado:

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality [MOD]: A great game on its own, and with this mod it adds a hell of a lot of realism and tactics. Seriously it slows the pace down for most of it, to give time for coordinating your attack and then all the action is super intense!

ArmaII: Everybody should know of this game by now... Its nowhere near as fluid as Battlefield but it can be a lot of fun when you get used to the terrible UI and clunky controls. The map editor isnt bad though so you can make your own sniper scenarios to play with your friends

ArmaII - DayZ [MOD]: This whole game is pretty slow paced and really awesome. I have my own server for it too (search Acorn 01). Get a sniper in this and just go have fun. Sneaking up on players, getting the right timing to take your shot and all... Hell of alot of fun. Even more fun with friends

Sniper Elite V2: ... Your pretty average sniper based game... Pretty meh though.

Sniper Ghost Warrior: Same as above

I'm pretty sure there are more out there but I am at work so these were all I could think of before my boss comes back :P

• Supporters

Yeah, I'm aware of all of those.

I think if I had ArmAII and PR2 for BF2 you'd probably never see me on here, or airsofting, or anywhere lol

I've got Sniper Elite V2 and it's wank. The first one was miles better.

Wouldn't touch Sniper Ghost Warrior with a barge pole.

As for DayZ, I've been watching a series on Youtube by SideStrafe about it - seems like my kinda game. Love the dilemma's involved in moving from A-B, whether to shoot or not because of the sound, having to take food into account etc.

I'm one for taking things slow, thinking things through and planning for every outcome. Which is why I hate and am shit at CoD, everyone just runs about like a nob and hopes for the best. It's shit.

I pretty much just play BF3, 'cos it allows me to play my own way as a result of the maps being so huge and it's the only console shooter there is that caters for that and my overly intense obsession with realism (even though there are still a billion things I could point out are wrong with a ton of weapons on Battlefield), really.

You should invest in a gaming PC :) I did about a year ago and I do not regret parting with my money. Its awesome. Still play my xbox sometimes too. Even if you get a PC just for DayZ I would recommend it... Cause you can do crap like this (yes, this is my channel):

Although BF3 is a great game it really does have its flaws... But the biggest one for me is that BC2 was better. Whilst BF3 is better in every way (sound design, graphics, optimization, customizing, physics and such) I just overall preferred BC2 and I dont know why! I am super looking forward to Armoured Kill though :D Should relight my fire for that game. I like doing long flanking routes round to get the drop on somebody. Its way better than the Metro flanking routes that takes no skill and is over in 5 seconds

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.