battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'll be getting it, I've got 800 points left from the last BF3 DLC that I've been saving for it.

Not a fan of CQB COD style maps, not even slightly, but I'll give it a go. Main turn on for me is the new guns.

• Supporters

OOH new Plinker`s what one`s are coming then? and i unlocked the L96 yesterday! only have 4-5 kill`s with it

• Supporters

The only one I'm sure of is the L86A2 LSW. Which is bound to be a support weapon, but there must be at least 1 new gun for all the other classes as well, right?

There's probably an online list somewhere that tells you what they all are.

I want there to be some new pistols, there needs to be a Sig, it's stupid that they're never in games when they're so well used around the world.

Edit:

Just found this: http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefi..._Close_Quarters

Looks like there's some pretty nice new additions. I think the SCAR-L, L86 and HK417 are my most anticipated from the list, quite surprised the 417 is listed as being a recon unlock though... I mean I know it's meant for use as a DMR, but if the SCAR-H and G3 aren't in the recon class it seems stupid to put that there. I wonder if it'll retain its auto selection. 'Cos If not then it seems pointless, as it'll be almost exact the same as the MK.11.

I wish the MP5K was just a regular MP5 though =[ I was right annoyed when they changed the Karkand DLC from an MP5 to a G53 at the 11th hour.

• Supporters

Yea an MP5 is needed but i may get it if friend`s on the xbox get it but im aiming for spec ops the line and future soldier just arrived so you know!

Whats that in English?

I would pay 400 but 1200 is taking the COD piss :angry: ..thats just rinsing it..or us in this case! Map DLC's should be free on BF they always have.

What i want is the mg53/42 or something with a similar rof..at least the rof seemed very high on bfbc2. The support guns are all a bit to slow and weak.

Try using the m60 with a grip on 5 guys..you might take one out and injure 2 more if you lucky. I want something that rips through a la usas with frag but without the frag if u get what I mean.

Why arent there any mg turrets in this game? Before the update you didnt have recoil when using a bipod on your mg but now its bloody pointless as the gun kicks around just as much on the bipod as it does without..wtf

• Supporters

I think MGs are miles better since the patch, before the patch I considered the M240B and the PKP practically useless, but now they're like fully automatic sniper rifles!

Recoil when you use them without a bipod is a bit over the top though, in real life after you'd fired the first burst off it would be quite easy to adjust for it and keep the muzzle down, especially considering the weight of the weapons. I reckon they made them hard to use because otherwise they'd be too good. They'd just straight up outclass everything. All the LMGs are long range, accurate, very damaging and all have huge ammo capacities meaning you can go for ages without reloading, so making the recoil crazy without using a bipod seems sensical.

It also forces people to play the role more realistically, finding a good position to lay down good long blasts of surpressive fire, which I think helps promote the nature of the game and discourages CoD fags who'd usually Rambo around with an M60 and massacre everyone. There's no room for people like that in Battlefield, it's one of the things I love about it.

Craig said: "Yeah, an MP5 is needed. I may get it (the new DLC) if my other mates on the Xbox do, but I'm looking at getting Spec Ops In The Line, and Future Soldier just arrived (came out), so you know.

Seriously, what's so hard to understand about that? You all act like he's one of those Asian guys who try and sell you stuff with broken english that no one can understand, but really, it's just a case of there being little/no grammar and punctuation, all you have to do is add it in when you're reading it and it makes perfect sense.

On another note though, has anyone played the Spec Ops demo? 'Cos I think it's one of the worst games I've ever played... The AK has a burst mode, the charging handle on the UMP moves with the ejection port... I could've died when I saw that. The M4 rear iron sight is also mounted insanely far forward, are they trying to make the weapon inaccurate, or what?

It plays like Gears of War and the weapons are so wrong they might as well be using made up ones, so I don't see why you don't just play GoW instead.

Not sure what to make of Ghost Recon, I think they went TOO FAR into the future, turning invisible is just stupid and having all those vision modes is stupid as well. Why didn't they just re-release Summit Strike from the original Xbox and then add a "God mode" cheat to it, or something? It just feels like you're cheating, but the cheats are built in. I fail to understand how you can ever lose unless you're the worst gamer ever.

• Supporters

Nope already have it thanks to Gamestation and Mr Postie! i am enjoying multiplayer although it is hard considering many people already have time logged...

I Love the demo although i do agree a LOT of it suck`s i just expected to be able to shoot more sh*t to make more sand fall from the sky.

I think MGs are miles better since the patch, before the patch I considered the M240B and the PKP practically useless, but now they're like fully automatic sniper rifles!

Recoil when you use them without a bipod is a bit over the top though, in real life after you'd fired the first burst off it would be quite easy to adjust for it and keep the muzzle down, especially considering the weight of the weapons. I reckon they made them hard to use because otherwise they'd be too good. They'd just straight up outclass everything. All the LMGs are long range, accurate, very damaging and all have huge ammo capacities meaning you can go for ages without reloading, so making the recoil crazy without using a bipod seems sensical.

It also forces people to play the role more realistically, finding a good position to lay down good long blasts of surpressive fire, which I think helps promote the nature of the game and discourages CoD fags who'd usually Rambo around with an M60 and massacre everyone. There's no room for people like that in Battlefield, it's one of the things I love about it.

Craig said: "Yeah, an MP5 is needed. I may get it (the new DLC) if my other mates on the Xbox do, but I'm looking at getting Spec Ops In The Line, and Future Soldier just arrived (came out), so you know.

Seriously, what's so hard to understand about that? You all act like he's one of those Asian guys who try and sell you stuff with broken english that no one can understand, but really, it's just a case of there being little/no grammar and punctuation, all you have to do is add it in when you're reading it and it makes perfect sense.

On another note though, has anyone played the Spec Ops demo? 'Cos I think it's one of the worst games I've ever played... The AK has a burst mode, the charging handle on the UMP moves with the ejection port... I could've died when I saw that. The M4 rear iron sight is also mounted insanely far forward, are they trying to make the weapon inaccurate, or what?

It plays like Gears of War and the weapons are so wrong they might as well be using made up ones, so I don't see why you don't just play GoW instead.

Not sure what to make of Ghost Recon, I think they went TOO FAR into the future, turning invisible is just stupid and having all those vision modes is stupid as well. Why didn't they just re-release Summit Strike from the original Xbox and then add a "God mode" cheat to it, or something? It just feels like you're cheating, but the cheats are built in. I fail to understand how you can ever lose unless you're the worst gamer ever.

I agree with finding a good position and giving suppressive fire but most of the time i find myself doing it and the rest of the people hiding behind walls till i finish my mags..then get killed..I will try the 240b and the pkp as I have never used them.

That specops the line has some great atmosphere but as you said the weapons are crap and its like gow..and yes might as well play gow.

Future soldier..cloak hmm more like crysis fail..and also like gow..the whole 3rd person with the cover system is just not my thing..rather play gow instead!

My comment was posted as the follow up to the "The new dlc is going to cost 1200 points...is anyone going to pay that??" as reference to the actual cost... however I'm on my phone and it didn't load the latest page so i thought that was the latest comment...

Sorry for any confusion :(

• Supporters
My comment was posted as the follow up to the "The new dlc is going to cost 1200 points...is anyone going to pay that??" as reference to the actual cost... however I'm on my phone and it didn't load the latest page so i thought that was the latest comment...

Sorry for any confusion :(

Aye, no worries. Though confusion was definitely had lol.

Random Quesition Ed...

Were you at Welbeck on sunday?

• Supporters

Nah, not been for a while. Seems a little far for you to go though.

How'd you find it?

A Mate had been there before. It was the only site remotely near us that had a game on that day so we decided to try it out.

Some guys from Sheffield were there as well so just had a little thought that one of them could had been you :P

• Supporters

I stopped going when I got banned from their Facebook page for going to another local site. The owner of Phoenix is a bit of an elitist tit so I didn't think he deserved my custom anymore. He was also immensely unfair and aggressive in his attitude towards the people who took up the site Phoenix moved out of, but having talked to them about it and got to know them, they're all great guys and Skirmish is still a great site, my favourite in fact.

It's not like I was permanently defecting to another site, I was just making some fact finding trips to all the sites in the area to try and sort out deals for when I've got the Uni society up and running. If he'd not been such an arse about it he could've benefitted from the society visiting en-masse on a monthy basis once it's up and running, but after what happened I'm going to steer clear, which is a shame 'cos it'd be a fantastic skirmish site for sniping. If not the best.

Had they set up any bunkers or tents or anything when you went? Last time I went it was more or less a completely bare forest, only about 3 small trenches dug, one tent and some wrecked freight containers, the rest was untouched.

Yeah there were "villages" set up with tents, and a fair few areas with multiple bunkers etc.

Yeah the marshalls did seem a bit like that. Given the right people it would make a pretty decent site.

I hate to break it to you, but this morning these enemies had me trapped, and I used the Glock 18C SD and ran around the corner and got a triple kill :)

hate to break your logic :P but tbh it doesnt always work how i did it, and it usually goes how you said.

Also I'm getting the DLC, because i kind of feel i overused the jets, i have everything for them and i cant be bothered with them anymore.

but i read somewhere, that the maps are so small that you cannot play rush on them, so they made a new game mode or something?!

I think i use the M4A1 alot aswell...see attached image :)

post-1769-1337895040_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

I think you all ought to sign into Battlelog and like this thread, if we get a lot they might actually consider it and that would be awesome.

https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/to...ds_its_upgrades

Battlefield 3 would be the only game with all the L85's correct attachments and with the option to customise it as you like with any mixture of them all.

I have proposed changing the ACOG mount to the correct one, adding a SUSAT and Spectre DR to the optics listings, replacing the grip and bipod with a grip-pod and simply altering which effects are enabled depending on which is selected, and changing the torch and laser attachments to an LLM01, the function of which would either be torch or laser depending on which is chosen.

I've also suggested removing the burst mode because it sickens me, removing the rails from the standard hand guard and lastly, changing the hand guard to the DD RIS when any accessories are mounted.

I know it's a lot to ask, but now that it's been suggested, all we need to do is spread this link around like wild fire and hope that 1000 likes down the line we succeed in making one of the best (AND ONLY) current arcade-style "realistic shooter" games out there, that actually presents our service rifle correctly.

I want the MG36 with the propper scope and bipod :P

It would also be nice if they changed the attachments for the L86 when it is added..

Edit, The problem is, if they change this, then people will ask for the G36 optics....as above lol and other things.

the thing i actually want to see, is when you change fire mode, the selector actually moves!!! like MoH Campaign mode.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.