battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I can see that map being abused instantly with rocket fire and USAS kills.

Will be getting for the weapons, will see how the maps pan out.

A person who likes the new DLC for battlefield, You are obv not a Battlefield vet then..............

I played BF2 since 2007. I really enjoyed all of it, and still happily say my favourite game is the complete BF2 collection. I'd still be playing it, as well as 1942, BFBC1/2 and 1943 had EA not screwed over my account in 2011.

Am I a CQB fan? Not really, it just reminds me of MW2, hyperactive kids jumping around holding the trigger down.

BUT - the CQB elements of Grand Bazzar have given me some of the most intense, amazing firefights I've ever played in an FPS.

I am looking forwards to what's pretty likely going to be infantry only games, seeing as how I've only ever seen 1 IO game on the 360, and it wouldn't let people join it.

Armour Kill (when it gets released) will probably be the complete opposite of this, with mass vehicle combat.

• Supporters

I wonder if the snipers will get a zoomier scope any time soon, 'cos I think there ought to be like, a 20x zoom as well as a 12x, 'cos x20 seems more realistic.

Though I guess there'd be the problem of the shots falling out of view if the target was more than about 800m away, 'cos you have to aim up a fair distance to hit people at that range as it is, especially using a silencer, or the SKS lol.

• Supporters

With the 12x on the L96 with silencer, I hit a 1300m headshot.. target was completely off screen, was literally aiming at the sky.. :L

The furthest I had was 1050 when I was aiming at the jet which was taking off and randomly hit somebody next to it :o Damn close to shooting him out the jet.

I'm not sure I will enjoy playing on smaller maps just because of the USAS or (U Suck At Shooting) gun. However it will be a nice break to have no vehicles in the game and some of the firefights you get on operation metro are amazing when there is no USAS involved.

• Supporters

Advantage of PC. There are quite a lot of servers limited to Infantry only, which tend to have auto-kick for use of certain weapons.

Most servers have auto-kill/-kick/-ban if you use USAS, RPG or M320 on Métro. Then there are some that allow all weapons.

Oh yeah, and 64 player games..

• Supporters

Consoles have infantry only servers as well.

I don't mind 24 players if I'm honest, whenever I watch PC footage there's always about 5 people in one place where usually there'd be either 1, or none on console.

I bet it's a lot easier to do well if you're good at lone wolfing though, I tend to not play in squads because it REALLY pisses me off when you're sneaking around like a ninja and then you get engineers spawning on you and shooting rockets at tanks from your position. Especially if you're in a building, so it's ultra obvious where the shot came from.

Why don't they just shoot me themselves? Assholes.

"U suck at shooting", haha, I like that. How fantastically true.

With the 12x on the L96 with silencer, I hit a 1300m headshot.. target was completely off screen, was literally aiming at the sky.. :L

At 2000m with the M98 you are lining up the target with bottom fat line of the crosshair! :blink:

• Supporters

Where is it ever possible to kill someone at 2000m? I've never been able to get a kill of more than 1300 or so metres because I don't know of anywhere I can be that will have people further than that away from me.

i belive there is a certian mark where the bullet life stops, its at like 3100m roughly.

and that is done on Operation firestorm.

the ones where people do it further are actually usuing a Eod bot.

• Supporters

Where abouts on the map do people have to be for it to be 2000m though?

I went to the top right map boundary (the american spawn end on CQ) of OF and sniped someone at the mountain top at the opposite end of the map and that was only about 1260m.

From the US base, you have to go to the far left hand corner of the map (stand at the front of where the choppers spawn, and face left) Theres a big mountain over near it, it would take you a couple of minutes to walk there so take a car ;) You will then be able to pick off anyone on the hill near the opposition base for about 15/1600m. Its then just a waiting game hoping someone from the RU team goes into the corner of the map opposite you.

• Supporters

Which they never will haha.

Also, whenever anyone's on a hill and they're far away, unless they're stood up then you literally can't see them apart from when you see their rounds flying at you.

Dunno if that's just a console thing, the render distance is probably a lot better on PC, not to mention the clarity. That's why I think there needs to be a better zoom scope.

Well it worked for me ;)

Must be a console thing, on PC you can see their scope glare which gives you an excellent aiming point. I liked the days of Black Hawk Down with the Barrett and the 20x scope. I still to this day miss that game :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

At work the other week I found out about these controllers for the Xbox and PS3: http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/20475...%7Cprd:20475388

They're a bit expensive, but I bet the advantage you get once you're used to it makes up for it, especially since it's an advantage few other people will have lol.

Has anyone used one or seen them before?

If you cba to click the link then it's basically a mouse controller to replace the right stick on consoles, so you can aim more naturally.

• Supporters

FINALLY got my kill to death ratio above 2 =D

Hi guys just wanted to post my stats...I cant get my score per minute over 400 mehh my cousins is like 700 but then again he is always first!

I guess I'm too much concerned about my squad while the others go ego shooting.. ^_^

Kills 8 458

Deaths 5 156

K/D Ratio 1.64

Kill assists 1 929

Score/Min 370

Quits 16%

Vehicles Destroyed 872

Vehicles Destroyed Assists 252

Avg. Weapon Accuracy 14%

Longest Headshot 726 m (kharg island rush got the guy 3 times in that game haha)

Kill Streak Bonus 33

Skill 478

Squad Score Bonus 171 010

Repairs 1 079

Revives 324

Heals 5 276

Resupplies 1 037

Squad WorMongers

• Supporters

I figure I might as well post mine as well, before they start getting worse again as I've run out of things to aim to achieve again lol.

Wormongers, I assume you play on PC? If not then your kill streak is pretty impressive, what weapon were you using and what was the map?

Here's a link to my Battlelog again: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldi...180615170/xbox/

Kills: 13,454

Deaths: 6,724

K/D Ratio: 2.001

Kill assists: 1,436

Score/Min: 236

Quits: 6% - Never really understood what this stat means...?

Vehicles Destroyed: 1,107

Vehicles Destroyed Assists: 175

Avg. Weapon Accuracy: 16%

Longest Headshot: 1,259m

Kill Streak Bonus: 30

Skill: 616

Squad Score Bonus: 112,110

Repairs: 27

Revives: 578

Heals: 17,482

Resupplies: 543

• Supporters

Quits is the percentage of games you quit. Mine's about 20%, because every game I join lags really badly after about 2 minutes..

And my statistics are:

Kills: 5,307

Deaths: 1,989

K/D Ratio: 2.668

Kill assists: 558

Score/Min: 316

Quits: 23%

Vehicles Destroyed: 78

Vehicles Destroyed Assists: 19

Avg. Weapon Accuracy: 19%

Longest Headshot: 1,340 m

Kill Streak Bonus: 23

Skill: 681

Squad Score Bonus: 74,130

Repairs: 14

Revives: 243

Heals : 9,619

Resupplies: 333

• Supporters

I can't remember if we've been over this or not, but what the hell is the "Skill" statistic based on?

Mine seems to wildly change from around 300 to around 700.

well, not too sure but BFBC2 skill levels were based on your peformance compared to other players.

1 being the best player currently in the world, 2 being like the next best 50 players etc right until 50. Not sure what the BF3 system uses.

• Supporters

Google-fu-master-f3a33ad.jpg

• You gain/loose SL based on every confrontation with another player

• Killing a highly skilled enemy gives you more points than killing someone less skilled

• Points are not transferred from a player to another, they are simply added/subtracted based on the encounter and the SL of both parts (thus, after an encounter, one part may go up 50 points while the other loses only 20)

• The SL is used for matchmaking

:lol:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.