battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I got 3 Bs in science at GCSE, 2 Bs in English and a C in Maths, then a D in everything else, so I made bad choices at GCSE lol.

Then at A Level I got an A in Sociology, a C in Psychology because I annoyingly got a U on the last module, otherwise I'd have got a B :( and a D in English Joint because I absolutely F***ing hated it lol.

• Supporters

Erm well i got a A for Intermediate1 Biology a 2 for general grade English 3 for computing and coding 5 for foundation Maths 4 for business management and admin and last year i got a fail in media (i had to drop it as i was too ill to help with making a Poster) i also dropped history and outright failed english aas i kept getting the wrong impression of how i was supposed to write an answer because i was doing media I got a B in Biotechnology and i got an A in Woodcrafting all at INT 2

• Supporters

Back on topic, just upped my longest headshot distance to 847m, from top of the crane, to opposite end of the map's starting spawn point (well, near to it) on Operation Firestorm =D

I'm determined to find out what the game's max range limit is, I'm going to guess it's around 1000m, but not all the snipers seem to be able to go the same distance.

Can't wait for the L96 and the L85 on the expansion next week, I hope they've modernised them both though. An AW .338 and an L85A2 would be nice.

• Supporters

Just found this page - it might not open if you aren't signed into Battle log.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/about...ack-to-karkand/

But quite enormously annoying, is that fact that for some reason, the L85 appears to be for left handed people, which I don't understand, because this is the first Battlefield game since BF2 to actually have the weapon features on the correct side of all the guns. Why ruin it now with the best damn gun? It's like they're trying to annoy me.

Secondly, it's an A1 not an A2 and thirdly, what the hell is with those damn little rails on the side of the fore grip? Why didn't they give it god damn rails?! You can't even get a SUSAT according to the blog. So you can't have it without the rails and with a SUSAT and you can't have it with the rails and an ACOG or Elcan either, it doesn't fit any L85 set up that's ever existed! D=

They've just totally ruined the only real thing I was looking forward to in the expansion. This could just as easily have gone into the angry thread =[

The MP5 looks like it's chambered in an assault rifle calibre too, I don't like the HK53, I wanted the MP5!

On the upside though the L96 does appear to be upgraded to an AW .338, which is awesome, but why'd they have to wrap some pointless stupid cloth around the barrel? That would surely just mess with the fact that the barrel is a free float...

Dice need to wake up and do some actual research before modelling the damn guns. Or maybe I just care too much about things others find trivial, I can't help it.

• Supporters

I can't even play at all. Try to log in to Origin but get this message, "Your Email, Origin ID, or Password is incorrect." But I can log into BattleLog on my browser fine, see all the servers, see that people are playing them, yet I can't even play!!

• Supporters

Good,they need to hurry up. I hate EA.

• Supporters

I've been able to play on the 360 until just now, I thought my router had died but I think the servers are down.

Though there are loads of them listed with full games going on, I just fail to connect every time I try and join, it's pissing me off.

That said, I'm half way to unlocking the L96... apparently it's 7.62mm and looks like an AW .338... Well done DICE...

But yeah... It's good when it works.

Also, I seem to have miraculously unlocked a lot of the co op unlocks without having played co op... Dunno if that was part of the update or anything, but I've only got 3 co op weapons left to get now and prior to downloading the expansionI only had 1 gun from doing co op missions.

Good,they need to hurry up. I hate EA.

I'm having the same problems. Really pi**ed off at the way they've done this, as well as running a server update during the day. Got fed up and went back to MoH tier 1 but ended up on a server with a load of hackers, so just gave up and came on here instead.

• Supporters

EA should give up with Origin. It doesn't work properly, is a bad idea, and will never even begin to compete with Steam.

EA should give up with Origin. It doesn't work properly, is a bad idea, and will never even begin to compete with Steam.

Can't stand Steam. It's incredibly laggy for me, even with a reasonably top end gaming box. I regularly end up getting shot about 1-2 seconds before the shooter appears on my screen. Very frustrating. Gave up on CoD MW2 because of the lag. I used to play MW1 on a US west coast based server and there was far less lag on that than on Steam for me.

• Supporters

Finally working. I don't take back what I said about EA.

~1300m kill, not a headshot though :(

• AF-UK Founding Member

I hate it when people hate on EA, when it is DICE. Sure they might be using Origin which EA is making them do, but it is up to them to implement it correctly.

I haven't had any issues, I think it is unfortunate some people have. It is impossible to release something like this without bugs, and to be fair they are doing a super job of patching them up. BF2 wasn't fixed even after 5 years and its last patch!

It would be acceptable to moan after 24/48 hours downtime maybe, but still, it is just a game folks!

• Supporters

It's Origin that's crap and annoys me, not the game though. If EA are making DICE use Origin, then I blame EA.

And yeah true, it is just a game, and I actually got some coursework done today.. :L

• Supporters

Just unlocked the L85 and the L96 and they're both freakin' awesome =D

Edit:

The L96 really is amazing, I just out did my previous longest kill by a hell of a long way. It was 847, now it's 985 :P

I could only see the guy's scope glinting and that was it.

• Supporters
Finally working. I don't take back what I said about EA.

~1300m kill, not a headshot though :(

How'd you know it was at 1300m if you didn't get the marksman bonus to tell you?

It's good to know shots can actually go that far though, I assume you were using the M98B?

Hate to post AGAIN, but, I know how people have been getting crazy distance head shots.

You use the blowtorch on the EOD bot and just drive it to some snipers that are miles away.

I imagine it's pretty hard to do it still and might not even be able to happen unless you set it up, since snipers tend to go on top of things and lay down on uneven surfaces, but still, that's how it's been done at about 4000m or whatever.

Also, I know that at least the L96 is capable of 1300 because I was shooting at windows and I could see them breaking and they were at a base marked 1300m away.

So now all I have to do is get a headshot at that range =D

• Supporters

I said roughly 1300m, the nearest objective to the enemy was 1300 something metres away and he was to the side of it..

And yeah M98B + 8x scope & bi-pod. Was laying on the ship sniping towards C.

Never used the EOD bot, only really used Medic/Assault and Recon classes.

How do you get the L96? I want it, with silencer and bi-pod - then I can pretend I'm airsofting and feel good about 100m shots :L

• Supporters

1341m headshot - M98B!!!

Liam:

Do this:

To Unlock QBU-88, you have to get

20 kills with snipper rifles

5 laser designations (With SOFLAM [spelling])

Then this:

To unlock Unlocks L96 in Creeping Death assignment

50 headshots

50 spot assists

5 knife takedowns

• Supporters

That's what I'm doing now, just wanted to get a 1km+ headshot before I work on the L96..

• Supporters

I've been using the L96 with the silencer on and the bullet drop just makes me not like it, it's not worth using a silencer unless you're going to get up close and personal because it makes your bullet drop insanely stupid, the amount shots drop is pretty stupid already but with a silencer... The only benefit of them is that you don't show up on the mini-map when you fire, so unless you're within about 35m of someone when you're shooting you don't need a silencer anyway.

You're better off using the flash supressor, that way no one can have any idea where you are unless you play normal mode with the crap ass kill cam.

Still not managed to get a headshot over 1000m =[ I think I've got 2 or three kills at roughly 1000m if not more but they were on top of crazy high things so it was hard to compare the distance against the nearest base.

• AF-UK Founding Member
The only benefit of them is that you don't show up on the mini-map when you fire, so unless you're within about 35m of someone when you're shooting you don't need a silencer anyway.

You do know you can zoom out/in the mini map, right?

• Supporters

On console? If you can I haven't discovered it yet.

Not without bringing up the full map on the 'pause' menu (if you can call it that) anyway.

• Supporters

How Dev, how!?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.