battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The laser and torches are so bright, they piss me off no end, pretty much can't see anything on the screen and it just results in whoever's being dazzled spraying like a mad man at the light.

Agreed. On the up side, when a silly sniper has one attached, you can see them off in the distance, and as a recon, if someone comes up close i use a tact pistol to blind them and kill them, providing i dont get sprayed to death.

What does really annoy me is when team mates look at you without turning it off, or when people are sprinting past you and it keeps blinding you as the gun swings.

• Supporters

I was excited about the torches and lasers but i was talking with the 360G guys and we were all complaining about it.

But that map with the market and the alleyway at the end of it is really getting annoying what with vehicles and RPG's flying down it but im getting rediculous points just healing my team B-)

• Supporters

I spent about two hours yesterday on a server, got no kills, I was just being as annoying as possible to my team.

Blinding them with lasers and torches, blowing up vehicles as they spawn, standing in a vehicle's spawn place, sitting in vehicles that they want to use but not going anywhere, blocking doorways and trapping people in rooms. Great fun!

Guess at what I've just spotted in the Back to Karkand DLC trailer :lol:

!

Pause it at 0.37. Have it on the highest HD setting possible. 0.35-0.37 is an XM8 LMG, then the view switches forwards to another player with - L85.

Christ, I feel like a train spotter, only for SA80s in computer games...

Oh no, I knew they were in, I just didn't think they'd show them yet.

I just wanted to know if anyone else saw it, and it wasn't just me seeing things.

• Supporters

I hate the lasers and torches, I see it as a good way for people who can't play FPS's to get CHEAT kills on those who can.

I have also found myself accusing anyone who kills me of cheating or being a dick and not playing fair in some manner, and becoming incredibly frustrated with the game.

It's not like I'm bad - I usually have a KD of above 2 and often score highly as I'm one of the few players who aren't complete morons and understands the concept of 'go there, capture that, win game'

other than those who cheat and use torches, I see it as one of the most balanced FPS's to be released for a long time, there is no 'broken' class which allows long ranged, ultra accurate insta-kills for no effort and maintaining automatic fire for close encounters Like COD often has.

And the fact that weapons have realistic engagement ranges is fantastic (you can't use the UMP at more than 50m very effectively) and that pistols are genuinely useful at shorter ranges is fantastic.

You should be able to unlock sunglasses and goggles, you can start with Walmart sunglasses. Then you eventually get ESS goggles or something which destroya any lights and lasers being shone into your eyes!! :P

I must be stupid then. What are have you been smoking Craig, or can some one explain what he is talking about?

• Supporters

Nope your 100% a moron 360 Gamercast is a Podcast from the UK in which i usualy pop up during conversations :-/

and the main guy Webby constantly calls out instead of f this and noobs he says you silly nub nub i killed you basically he always says nub nubz

• Supporters

Just played on Kharg Island conquest, 453m double headshot kill with the SV98..

What are your best shots?

• AF-UK Founding Member

I was being rushed down by 4 guys earlier and when I popped up from cover they were conveniently 'in line' so half a mag saw them all dead :P

Haven't been sniping or any of that so no long distance shots to report.

• Supporters

No long shots from me either other than true ambush moments on siene crossing or pure chopper piloting skills i had a black hawk down moment with my team

• Supporters

I didnt buy the game for PC, but my brother bought it for xbox so weve been having a few games together, i tend to stick to engineer and him support, ive got the say support is bloody lethal! type 88 with IR scope and bipod seems to be a bit overpowered haha. I preferred rush in badcompany 2 but i have to say it for bf3 conquest seems a lot more action packed whoever hasnt tried it yet do it, its really good.

• Supporters

719m running headshot with the SV98 is my best so far.

Edit: Just saw Hubert's video post from the last page and now I'm crazy excited for the Karkand expansion, the L85 seems to have an Elcan on it... Meaning you must be able to pick your optics... Meaning you must be able to attach all the other stuff too!

L85 + rails + grip + ACOG here I come!

• Supporters

Just got a 712m running headshot with SV98 :)

• Supporters

Anyone want to share kill to death ratios? I've got roughly 1900 kills and my K/D is 1.83, oh yeah *smug face*

Determined to get it to 2+ though.

On BC1 I kept it at a steady 1.75 and on BC2 it ended up being about 1.5 I think 'cos my brother kept playing...

Also, whilst I totally agree with Dave regarding the torches thing, I have to admit I've done it quite a lot recently on Operation Metro, though I use tactical pistols, not shotguns... People who do that need to be hunted and killed in real life lol.

ALSO also, I've played a few Hardcore games and I'm kinda disappointed, it doesn't feel like it did before, there's not really any difference between HC and Regular mode and I really don't like the map being there and I really don't like that when you have a laser, it doesn't point anywhere even close to where the shots go. In the Beta your shots landed on the dot of it every time, you could no scope snipe people so easily, it was mega satisfying, but now it's just like, well, what's the point in the lasers...?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Mines 1.62 at the moment, just under 1k of kills. Would expect to be well over 2 k/d by the time I get near 2k kills :P

Having said that, kills don't count for much in this game. You can get barely any kills and still come top.

• Supporters

That's true, but if you manage to keep a positive k/d whilst going for the objectives then it shows you have epic skillz lol.

I think my skill level on BC2 was basically frozen on either 199 or 200 because I didn't let my KD drop by more than about .05 over the last year or so before BF3 came out lol.

• Supporters

863 kills, 1.85 kd ratio.

Got a 727m helicopter headshot yesterday with SV98. Admittedly, he had only just taken off.

Anyway, off to play some Skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

4000+ kills now, K/D sticks around the 1.87 mark, it's such a giant bitch to get it up to 2 lol.

My longest headshot now is 818 with the M98B, apparently the furthest in the game so far is only 961. I've had a few times when I've been able to see someone and they've been able to see me but the shots just aren't reaching.

I know because I flew my MAV up to somewhere between us both and the shots were just disappearing in mid air about 100m or so before they hit me, so there must be some sort of rendering issue or something at extreme ranges, I figure the guy must've been around the 1100m mark.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.