battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I think there needs to be way more hardcore servers, on the 360 there are only 6 and they're always full, it sucks arse.

I only played Hardcore on BC2, 'cos the tag system is a load of bull and ruined it. Plus it takes way too many shots to kill someone on regular mode.

It is good though, despite the lack of a real hardcore mode.

I agree, i only got to play hardcore conquest for a little bit :'(

• Supporters

Was it good? Weapon damage better?

I just like having no hud elements, it adds a dynamic to it that I miss when I have to play regular mode.

IRL you can't see your ammo count so why should games be any different? I think it makes you a better player, sometimes you might totally run out of ammo because you can't keep tabs on it and then you have to get good with pistols and knife kills so you can steal some ammo/weapons off the enemies you kill, it's great.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I find you die pretty quick in regular mode. I think hardcore is OTT. I'm not always for realism. I prefer that someone has to land more shots, taking more skill to kill me rather than spray all over the place and through crap to land one lucky shot, which they can do on hardcore.

• Supporters

What parts are like CoD? Apart from the whole idea of war, guns, FPS etc.

a few of the missions/cut scenes are similar to cod storyline, but you dont buy battlefield for single player anyway.. lol

personaly i would have prefered what they had on bf2 for single player multiplayer maps with bots instead of a campaign that gets boring once you have played it once

• Supporters

I would add you on xbl, but I rarely use my xbox and it's downstairs anyway..

Only problem I have is bt's sh*tty internet, though that should be changed soon :P

Add me on xbl if u haven't already: stupid maybug

i have bt aswell and as soon as you hit the peak time limits gameplay gets so annoying , out side of peak and your all good though

Hey Marcus, you ain't been very talkative the last few weeks :( What's wrong? I would have played some BF3 with you!! :P

• Supporters

Just been banned from a server on PC because they thought I was cheating.. turns out I'm just pretty damn good with the M16 & ACOG.. less than 5 minutes in and I was 14 kills, 0 deaths..

• AF-UK Founding Member

This game is very addictive. I find you can tend to do better the more stationary you are which is a little annoying as it means more people camp. You can't run in so much because as soon as you get tagged your movement is terrible. Never the less still good fun!

• Supporters

It is a bit addicting once I'm playing, but I haven't really been in the mood to actually open the game - probably just EA's Origin and stupid Game Manager using Internet browser..

Have you done a TDM yet?

Nah, conquest extends the map to it's full straight away, auto win :P except on Métro, then it cuts off the national park area :lol:

earlier, i was playing with BatHat and a Royal Marine.

so funny, Tehran Highway.

"Moving up, Right, Mitchell, i want you to get on one knee and cover me as i go across, then you come across and Zak'll cover, then you have to cover Zak as he makes his way to us, okay? I'm Going, cover."

all tactical and everything, so fun, it really is. Anyone done Co-op missions yet? The 3rd one is pretty fun, me and BatHat had trouble getting the guy to the Green Zone though, considering i was AFK (technically AFC because it was xbox :P ) and so he got totally Gang Banged.

• Supporters

I was so tempted to get on Xbox, just for the more fun community.. but I got on PC as I bought it for gaming.

Planes are pretty ownage when I'm using an Xbox controller against players using keyboard & mouse, much smoother controls and handling.

I'm so close to stealth on jets :( I wanna get it so bad, it's so much more helpful having flares though seriously!!! although they take time to reload but at least it gives you a chance to stop one person taking you down, then it gives you time to get out of the area temporarily

• Supporters

What I think would be awesome would be a special game type, played on a small-ish map that's played at night - all indoor so no very little moonlight, played with either semi only or pistols only, would make much better use of the laser & torch attachments.. and would be great fun!

• AF-UK Founding Member

The laser and torches are so bright, they piss me off no end, pretty much can't see anything on the screen and it just results in whoever's being dazzled spraying like a mad man at the light.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.