battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

There isn't really a definitive line you can cross in order to say you're good at the game; there are a lot of ways to play it.

Someone could be a totally mindless retard but have exceptionally good reflexes and just run about like a headless chicken and manage to come out on top (I fucking hate those people).

I put over 1400 hours into BF3 by the time BF4 released and due to my play style I still wasn't even at the max rank. I'd say it'll take you a good hundred hours or more to really get to grips with it.

I'm still trying to break bad habits even now. When someone catches me unawares I tend to strafe instead of turn to try to get the crosshairs on people, often putting me in a more shit position. Though that's probably easier to do on console than on PC, where you movement and aiming controls are very significantly different.

I'm also still teaching myself to cancel reloads by switching weapons and back again. So often I die in a reload when I didn't even really need to go for one. Getting over stuff like that is the hardest part of the game, knowing where you need to be and what you need to do in order to win is easy, and if everything I plan to do, goes to plan, then I can pretty consistently score in the top 3. It's when people aren't where you expect them that fucks you over lol.

just tweaked some setting and did fine tuning on my laptop and now I get 50-60 fps on all low settings, then I turned on some anisotropic filters a little bit and now it's less pixelated and I can spot enemies a bit easier, and that give me about 40-ish FPS with is acceptable. Still need a cooling mat though.

Anyways, Ed, what rank do you unlock the as val? replayed the mission and I absolutely love it.

• Supporters

Anyways, Ed, what rank do you unlock the as val? replayed the mission and I absolutely love it.

Rank 45 as part of the all kit weapons. Classed as a PDW (yeah....I know).

• Supporters

It doesn't take that long to get to rank 45 though, I forgot there even were those lower ranks lol. BF3 technically has 145 ranks, but once you get to 46 to starts from 1 again... If I remember right.

It's once you break rank 45 that it starts taking a long time to grind for things.

The AS VAL is a weapon for the pro level player though, I found it near impossible to get along with in multiplayer. In campaign it's a piece of piss to kill people, it doesn't take much ammo at all, but in multiplayer you'll have to use a lot more ammo. The VAL has poor range and a very very slow bullet speed, so it's hard to lead targets, hard to even hit them at range, and until you unlock extended mags for it the rof is so high that you die mid reload a lot.

Key to using it is tap firing, the first two shots are dead nuts accurate, so just tap tap tap 2 shots at a time and it's actually pretty rapey. If you hold the trigger down for extended bursts then I just always found it too hard to use because of the recoil.

Watch X-Factor Gaming on YouTube, he's a bit good, he loved the VAL in BF3. It's changed a lot for BF4 though.

as a premium member in bf4, i say get it. i hate sniping in general in most games but the sniping mechanics are awesome. only thing in online play is they are still balancing vehicles up. i had managed to master boats before they nerfed them, now they have made aircraft tough as and i just cant work them and killing them required t hit from an rpg to do it properly... anyone else have a hatred of support characters with c4 and ammo box holding lift doors on their own? but yea took me ages (dont think my kdr has been recovered yet...)to get used to it and just cant play other games now as they bore me with their tiny maps that i cant blow up( max engineer ftw)

• Supporters

different game engines, BF4 is massively more demanding than BF3. I don't care how optimised it is, if you're struggling to get 60fps on BF3 you're gonna struggle to get 16fps on BF4.

Frostbite 2 != Frostbite 3

• Supporters

it might be more optimised at the extreme top end of the scale but that's not going to translate so well at the bottom.

if you're running it on ultra I expect you're running a fairly beefy machine with a serious GPU, BF4 will make better use of that GPU for sure because you probably don't have the bottlenecks that Frizzle no doubt has.

As anecdotal evidence to counter your anecdotal evidence; earlier this year I built a PC out of bits for my nephew, high ish spec for about 5 years ago. Installed BF4... even on lowest possible settings with texture smoothing all the way up, the GPU overclocked to near melting point and the display set to 800x600 it struggled to break 30fps indoors with nothing going on. BF3 however runs at a solid 60fps (vsync on) on mostly medium with a few high settings.

• Supporters

For the better or worse? If i can do well in bf3, i might as well get bf4 or when another version comes out.

Worse, no extended mags and the range and accuracy limitations feel a lot worse. It's also imo even harder to manage the recoil, and the two shot tap firing mechanic doesn't work anymore.

The saving grace is that you have a wider variety of attachments to help controllability, but they're not really enough because you can't have a barrel attachment due to it being silenced permanently.

I think on the whole BF4 is an easier game to play, the guns on the whole are far easier to control, they all seem to perform significantly better at range compared to BF3 (with a few exceptions) and the biggest bonus for me is that now I've got a PS4, my analogue sticks allow me to actually stand still! My old 360 controllers were so fucked that I'd constantly be strafing very slowly in whatever direction I was last moving in - which ruins your accuracy.

(That's another BF mechanic actually, moving increases your firing spread, for the best accuracy, stand still)

I thought that going from 12 v 12 on the 360, to 32 v 32 on the PS4 would really screw me over with regard to my stats, but I think it's actually easier with more people lol.

My overall k/d ratio is 2.9 on BF4 vs the 2.5 or so on BF3, and my score per minute on BF4 is more or less double what it was on BF3. I'm also within 10 ranks of the max rank on BF4, after around 400 hours play, compared to the 1400 hours it took me on BF3 to get within 5 ranks of the max.

But then again, I could have better stats on BF4 because I played BF3 so much, since a lot of the game mechanics are largely comparable, if not exactly the same.

Wait, so BF4 requires a lot more processing power then bf3?

I am thinking of sacking bf3 anf getting bf4 because the servers are getting limited and even when I do try to join, 70% of servers will have a massive queue, so I don't actually get to play for like half an hour when I start. Since BF4 is the newer game, there should be more servers with spaces that I could play on, bf3 just seems restricted at the moment.

Here are my laptop specs: AMD A10 5757m , radeon 8570m and radeon 8650g apu.

Apparently on youtube, people have been playing bf4 on this specific laptop just fine, and if it's true (need confirmation) then I might as well get bf4.

Have a look at these, This is your specs and results. Wasnt sure if you had 4 OR 8 GB or RAM so went with 4.

nlu1h9G.png

r7XsBJG.png

QAP9Saq.png

I have 6 GB ram lol, and yeh, it's defo playable on my laptop and with low settings (with texture on medium and some fine tweaking), I can probs play with at least 40+ fps which is playable.

Also, what are some good laptop cooling pads? Loads of brands but some might be crap

Imma buy bf4 on saturday at GAME or some place.

• 2 weeks later...

just to make you feel worse, im currently downloading the beta version of the next battlefeild game(stupid bt and its stupid broadband being so stupidly slow in the middle of the stupid country@##)

• Supporters

just to make you feel worse, im currently downloading the beta version of the next battlefeild game(stupid bt and its stupid broadband being so stupidly slow in the middle of the stupid country@##)

Hardline? Downloaded it, played it. Quite like it.

• Supporters

yea, still downloading. is it any wonder i go over our download limits...

What are these "download limits" of which you speak? ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.