battlefield 3

M_P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Forget 2v2, how about 1v1 sniper duels?! I got a guy soo pissed by spamming an SKS with 12x scope and keeping him and his mate suppressed :)

• Supporters

1v1 sniper duels on an empty server are the most intense fucking things ever.

Surround sound fucks with your head, you get scared to move because the footsteps are freaky.

• Supporters

Yeah, that was a funny game lol.

Me and Alex having a tense as fuck 1v1, with Craig just razzing around in the background in a DPV Jeep.

I'm there sneaking around and then, "ZZZZOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWMMMMMMM"

*Poos self*

I loved doing Squad rush on the Gamebattles leader boards. Had to be my favorite Game mode.

Any one else apart of the PC master race?

I finally finished my arrangement/music video for Battlefield 4. I do something music related to battlefield every time a new game comes out. It's kinda my tradition. A young tradition, only been in effect since BF3, but a tradition nonetheless.

Anyways, enjoy :)

Oh, also I do think BF4 will be more like BF3.75 but I'm not jumping on the hate train until I've put at least 24 hours into the game ah ha. Still excited about it. More excited about Bad Company 3 or 2143 though, if they get made.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I loved doing Squad rush on the Gamebattles leader boards. Had to be my favorite Game mode.

Any one else apart of the PC master race?

Yup. It's the only way to play shooters in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

• Supporters

1206 Hours played? Have you considered y'know...going out of the house?

• Supporters

Lol, I only play BF3, got no interest in any other games at the mo. And that's since release.

But yeah, pretty much only go out to shoot people, eat, see a movie or go to work haha.

• Supporters

Haha, that's not half as bad as I thought it was.

50 days out of the circa 700+ the game's been available isn't too bad. Some of the guys at the top of the leader boards have play times upwards of 5000 hours.

• Supporters

Haha, that's not half as bad as I thought it was.

50 days out of the circa 700+ the game's been available isn't too bad. Some of the guys at the top of the leader boards have play times upwards of 5000 hours.

Yeah but they ACTUALLY have no life.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah but they ACTUALLY have no life.

Battlefield Friends are awesome! I've spent a whole night doing "birthday cake" with a few of my mates. If you haven't seen that BFF video I recommend it!

And anyway... I'm a Colonel 100 and I actually have a life haha! B)

• Supporters

Have you tried the Sniper Hunt trick? With C4? Awesome fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

How the flying shit did that guy get 116% accuracy?

• Supporters

I think you're right, same goes for grenades causing splash damage, and rockets, launchers etc.

But STILL! For him to have ended up with over 100% accuracy the game must've either been insanely short, he must've joined it late, or he must've been using nothing but a grenade launcher or something. Even running running explosive weapons I bet it's still hard to pull off though.

He must have a lot of practice being a nob.

• 8 months later...

Just thought i'd bump this thread as i just got this. Had to turn everything down to low to play it and the amount of heat my laptop produces in incredible; I could use it as an alternative fire source to fry my eggs. I need to get a cooling mat very soon or BF3 will melt my processor.

Anyway, I started playing on campaign to get used to the mechanics. It's unlike any other shooter i've played before; I have never in my life had to move my mouse so incredibly hard just to compensate for recoil. Then comes the graphics; I can't see a bloody person from far away because the view is all pixelated and deformed. Campaign was alright and when I learnt to use a tank, I decided to go to multiplayer. Needless to say, there is no teamwork and everyone camps in corners; I couldn't move anywhere without some prone camper busting my ass on every corner.

It also seems like I need to put an endless amount of bullet in someone to kill them. It's incredibly annoying and even looking at symthic, an assault rifle shouldn't use any more than 6 bullet to kill someone but somehow I need to use an entire mag even though I burst fire or single shot. This lead to a measly KDR of 1.13 where in other games, I get at least 2.5 or much, much higher.

Well, I guess it's because i've only played it for 2 days so far and only sort of half learnt one map. Hoping to bump up that KDR to at least 2. Might buy BF4 eventually.

• Supporters

Just thought i'd bump this thread as i just got this. Had to turn everything down to low to play it and the amount of heat my laptop produces in incredible; I could use it as an alternative fire source to fry my eggs. I need to get a cooling mat very soon or BF3 will melt my processor.

Anyway, I started playing on campaign to get used to the mechanics. It's unlike any other shooter i've played before; I have never in my life had to move my mouse so incredibly hard just to compensate for recoil. Then comes the graphics; I can't see a bloody person from far away because the view is all pixelated and deformed. Campaign was alright and when I learnt to use a tank, I decided to go to multiplayer. Needless to say, there is no teamwork and everyone camps in corners; I couldn't move anywhere without some prone camper busting my ass on every corner.

It also seems like I need to put an endless amount of bullet in someone to kill them. It's incredibly annoying and even looking at symthic, an assault rifle shouldn't use any more than 6 bullet to kill someone but somehow I need to use an entire mag even though I burst fire or single shot. This lead to a measly KDR of 1.13 where in other games, I get at least 2.5 or much, much higher.

Well, I guess it's because i've only played it for 2 days so far and only sort of half learnt one map. Hoping to bump up that KDR to at least 2. Might buy BF4 eventually.

That's pretty much how I feel about BF3, i've had it on xbox since launch and it's a good game but it definitely feels like you need to put in a very large amount of time to get good at it, too much to be worth it for me. Good game though, no denying it.

• Supporters

There are a lot of very complex game mechanics you have to really know, understand and work on to get good at the game. There's a gigantic Battlefield YouTube community, and instead of it just being full of crazy montages, a lot of it is actually talking about how to make use of the game mechanics.

They teach you how to play the game properly.

Also, don't call it camping, call it defending, because that's what it is.

If you're good enough at the game then someone camping in a corner for the whole game will last maybe 2 minutes tops, because as soon as they kill a person, that person knows where they are, and unless they're using a suppressor they're going to appear on the map and if they appear on the map, everyone's going to know they're there and then they lose their surprise advantage when someone rounds the corner on them. It gains them nothing unless it's an area with a clear view of an M-Com in Rush, or if they're within the cap radius of a Conquest point.

...Or they're an ass hole.

Team work tends to come in the form of being given health and ammo by Assault and Support players, more so than moving around in a squad and sticking together. Engineers can repair vehicles and Recons can "spot" people... Like everyone else.

If you play on Hardcore mode (go into the server options and filter for it) then everyone's health gets reduced to 60% as maximum, so guns tend to kill a lot faster, health doesn't regenerate and there's also no mini-map, so you have to rely on sight and sound alone, instead of the mini-map, which I passionately detest, it's like a built in 3D wall hack.

I've watched quite a few vids so far and i've heard that you can use the sun's rays to distract enemies. Then a lot of it was the usual; use cover tactically, never chase enemies. All of which I know very well and do but since I didn't know that maps, I was left wondering where to go and when i do find cover, it's usually where an enemy spawns... so i gotta learn the spawn mechanics... but I do like Caspian Border for now.

But it's funny how there are so many mindless noobs running about doing nothing and it's annoying when there is a high levelled person on the other team in a jet or heli; they are almost impossible to take down when my team cannot do anything about it. It seems like i'm the only sane one on my team because it's usually only me who is firing a smaw or rpg at them. But when there are some mid levelled players in the game, sh*t actually gets done because they actually ptfo.

I think i'll practise a bit more on campaign mode with the gun's recoil mechanics and reading symthics stats, but so far, I really love the AS VAL from playing that mission as Dima.

Anyway... how long did it take you Ed, to get decent at the game?

• Supporters

Levelling in BF3 does take some grinding. If you can do some of the assignments to unlock better guns it's definitely worth it. Hardcore servers tend to have less nobends but DO have friendly fire active so watch out for that!

Sounds like you need a better machine to play on though :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.