Keep my sidearm?

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I searched a bit but can't find my specific question. Thought it might come useful for someone else in the future as well, hence my new thread.

I already have a sidearm, that was gotten long time ago, intended for target shooting. It's a plastic KWC witch require the silde to be pulled back after each shot. (also would it make a difference if it was semi/fullauto?)

Should I try to trade it for mags, spare battery, bipod, scope or something else useful or should I keep it?

Hello, I searched a bit but can't find my specific question. Thought it might come useful for someone else in the future as well, hence my new thread.

I already have a sidearm, that was gotten long time ago, intended for target shooting. It's a plastic KWC witch require the silde to be pulled back after each shot. (also would it make a difference if it was semi/fullauto?)

Should I try to trade it for mags, spare battery, bipod, scope or something else useful or should I keep it?

It's a springer?

In a skirmish that would be 100% completely useless.

I don't think anyone would trade forit, springers are generally crap

Well, it being crap, if I say sold it on gumtree/similar and got a 2nd hand mag for the cash that be a good deal then?

It's a springer?

In a skirmish that would be 100% completely useless.

Didn't see this post. It answered my question..

Theoretical, if it is a better one, would I keep it?

Would be almost as legendary as when Hubert got 5 or so kills with a £20 electric blowback Walther P99 that he got off Justbbs... :lol:

But seriously, keep it as a tertiary gun in case everything goes to s***! You never know... :D

• Supporters
Would be almost as legendary as when Hubert got 5 or so kills with a £20 electric blowback Walther P99 that he got off Justbbs... :lol:

But seriously, keep it as a tertiary gun in case everything goes to s***! You never know... :D

Tertiary?

I would sooner throw bbs or get hit by a bus:P:lol:

i've got 1911 springer which has an amazing 60rd mag, and it has been very useful, not that many kills, but enough to keep holding onto it. or even to let a mate use it.

until they win, and then it's an EPIC win

6 kills, 3 minutes, whilst I was on medic duty and Rob had nicked borrowed my R85.

I loved that pistol. Then Rob broke it :rolleyes:

Sure, a springer may not be terribly useful. But -

If you can keep it safely cocked and loaded in a holster, you could use it as an emergency short range weapon. A guy on our team, Phil, has a pretty nice Colt .45 springer, and he does just this. It's helped him a few times when he hasn't been able to bring his G3 round to bare on someone trying to stealth kill him.

And - if you're the sneaky type, who enjoys infiltrating the enemy ground, a springer pistol can be of more use than an electric/gas pistol or long-arm - as you can silently use it to take people out (if you get close enough, obviously...)

Archived