Problem with M4 Carbine

bengaku
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys and girls i have a little problem with my M4 Carbine and was looking for some advice.Here goes i took it out to the site and it was firing ok but the bb,s sometimes would come out three or four at a time or they would just fall out.I asked around and a few guys said it might be the hop up so i took the gun apart and can,t see anything wrong with that i put it back together and it wont fire the bb,s out at all any suggestions what could be wrong.I could need a new hop up but i hope that im wrong

• AF-UK Founding Member

Is the gun still making the firing action? Is the battery fully charged? Any wierd noises or sounds of slipping gears etc? Does the battery feel hot when trying to fire it?

Is the gun still making the firing action? Is the battery fully charged? Any wierd noises or sounds of slipping gears etc? Does the battery feel hot when trying to fire it?

thanks for reply and yes it will fire yes batt is charged no weird noises and no heat from batt so any ideas?

Unless it's a mag issue, I'd be inclined to think it's something to do with the hop-up too if all the rest is fine.

nnnnnoooooooo only joking thanks for advice i will order a new hop up and hopefully that will work

sounds like a hop problem if the gun is firing but there just rolling out.

1) turn off the hop-up (spin it down to 0, no hop, or spin, or whatever you like to call it). Shoot.

- GO -> the bucking's the problem. Buy a new one. Silicone would do good (suggest Guarder or Systema)

- NO GO -> GOTO 2.

2) take the gun apart. Take the inner barrel out of the HU chamber. Check, whether the bucking's not damaged (torn or something) in the area, throug which BBs enter the barrel.

- IT IS -> buy a new bucking...

- IT ISN'T -> GOTO 3.

3) put some silicone oil on the bucking. JUST A LITTLE. It'll mess with the hop-up system, making it slippery and so on, but after shooting out about 2-3 hi-cap's it'll be back to normal. Check.

- GO -> problem solved

- NO GO -> the bucking's NOT the problem -> buy a new chamber... I recommend Deep Fire. Altough that's a 9/10 possibility, it may always occur, that the problem was the mag, so before you spend your money (altough buying a DF is a good option anyway) try a different mag. AND NOT A MID-CAP. Try it with a low- or real-cap.

Heh... I'd give you more options, weren't it for the lingual barrier.

Oh, and try getting a new.... errr... what the hell it's called in english? You, know, the tiny little thing you loose each time you take the bucking off... I mean this guy: CLICK <- GET something lite that. It makes your HU work a little like BAX, making the BBs more stable.

Anyway - what IS it called?

1) turn off the hop-up (spin it down to 0, no hop, or spin, or whatever you like to call it). Shoot.

- GO -> the bucking's the problem. Buy a new one. Silicone would do good (suggest Guarder or Systema)

- NO GO -> GOTO 2.

2) take the gun apart. Take the inner barrel out of the HU chamber. Check, whether the bucking's not damaged (torn or something) in the area, throug which BBs enter the barrel.

- IT IS -> buy a new bucking...

- IT ISN'T -> GOTO 3.

3) put some silicone oil on the bucking. JUST A LITTLE. It'll mess with the hop-up system, making it slippery and so on, but after shooting out about 2-3 hi-cap's it'll be back to normal. Check.

- GO -> problem solved

- NO GO -> the bucking's NOT the problem -> buy a new chamber... I recommend Deep Fire. Altough that's a 9/10 possibility, it may always occur, that the problem was the mag, so before you spend your money (altough buying a DF is a good option anyway) try a different mag. AND NOT A MID-CAP. Try it with a low- or real-cap.

Heh... I'd give you more options, weren't it for the lingual barrier.

Oh, and try getting a new.... errr... what the hell it's called in english? You, know, the tiny little thing you loose each time you take the bucking off... I mean this guy: CLICK <- GET something lite that. It makes your HU work a little like BAX, making the BBs more stable.

Anyway - what IS it called?

thanks for reply i will run through this one step at a time and hopefully it will solve my problem once again thanks for advice

thanks for reply i will run through this one step at a time and hopefully it will solve my problem once again thanks for advice

No problem. Hope it helps.

Archived