novatcombat.com

Allan M
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks.

I have been looking about doing some research and came across novatcombat.com

Just wondering if anyone has used them?

They appear to be based in the channel islands so does any order go via customs? Just thinking if I order a gun once I'm ukara registered will it be easy enough to get shipped over?

Cheers

Allan

still part of england, just not mainland :)

and yeah but since it is slightly overseas...well overwater i guess it would take that bit longer ;)

• 1 month later...

well here is my proper verdict on novat combat, after recieving my order in a carboard box and not the proper packaging the gun usually is supplied in i proceeded to open the box, now first glance gun looked ok and how it should look with the proper two tone and everything, now on closer inspection i noticed this with the gun, where the front site is located on the hand rail of the g36c there is a hole and a pin that holds this sight in place, now all i can assume is that the plonker who two toned the gun must be a guerilla because he has cracked the plastic on the hole and its chipping away pin is in place but he must have used a sledge hammer to put it back in, secondly the two tone is shite, its lucky i dont like green or i would get upset with that fact that its flaking away like sh*t off a shovel, now third problem and i posted this on the technical part of the forum, my gun was not feeding bullets like it should, so after an hour of careful probing i took the magwell off and i notice that the hop up chamber was out of line in the gun, once again i cannot presume what the guy has done with it, fourth the magazine that was supplied with the gun is a 380 round mag and not the usual 470 round mag supplied with jg guns, instruction manual supplied with gun is not the retailers this was same with a friend gun i got off novat and we tried referencing this manual when a problem arose and couldnt because it did not match the gun or the manufacturer, all in all i dont think i will be buying from this guy again, fair enough this guys guns are cheap but maybe these are the reasons why or maybe he just sells cheap crap i do not know but i know one thing if you buy from here beware, because i have not had a good experience so buy at your own risk. this is my opinion and i do not wish too influence others opinion based on my experience.

I have ordered two g36c's for me and my brother one jg and one AEG (asia electric gun) both arrived in perfect brand new condition in the proper box. The only gripe I had at the time was they told me they would down grade the jg as it was shooting hot and they didn't but it's not really a problem, (I was fuming at the time but in hindsight not a problem) the postage was very fast ordered on the Monday and they arrived on the Friday. The bloke was friendly and helpful on the phone. The only thing I could assume with your packaging is that customs opened it because they put on my packages that the value was £12 I think to avoid potential problems.

On a side note I recently brought a shotgun second hand and to say I was not impressed with the way it was packaged is a understatement so I contacted the seller to ask why he sent in such a poor condition ripped and taped to Fu*k box and he assured me he didn't. So I contacted parcel force and using the tracking number the very nice lady there informed me that they had opened it to inspect as it had flagged up on there machine (by machine I'm assuming it was x-rayed or somthing) then they had repackaged it. It could be possible this happened to yours.

With regards to the paint If it was just painted then sent out straight away without having time to set or if they didn't prepare the surface properly to begin with could be why the paint is bad.

I would suggest ringing them and expressing your displeasure with it and I'm sure they would be happy to sort it.

Good luck

+1 above... Accept from judging them on the state it arrived in why dont you investigate if your that truly bothered

As for the sh*t paint and the tech problems everyone has there off day and if you contacted them i am sure they would of helped you out

And for the User Manual my JG came with a CA M4 S-System User Manual when it was a JG M4 CQB!

Ring them up and allow them to explane

• 2 weeks later...
The only thing I could assume with your packaging is that customs opened it because they put on my packages that the value was £12 I think to avoid potential problems.

Err, NoVAT ship from their shop in Jersey which is part of the UK, so no customs. (Hence the reason they are called No VAT)

Close... Guernsey... our sister island but they are under the same UK Customs guide line as us however just so you know your package is subject to customs check when coming from and too the CI

Archived