gearbox rebuilding

ronniep
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi ive bought a secondhand 6mm v2 gearbox, im looking to pimp this baby out.

i want to use it as an extra gearbox for around a place that used to be a dumpsite.

im looking to put as big a spring in it as pos maybe m150, will the gearbox take a spring this strong.

• AF-UK Founding Member

First question is why would you want that? You'll be pushing 500FPS in an AEG? You aren't going to be able to use that anywhere.

unless its reinforced, think you might get problems with that spring in it, but again why so high? as its a v2, more likely in a m4 body so its everything else that will bugger the accuracy up

i remember reading somewhere that it's illegal to have a fully auto capable rifle which fires over 525fps with 0.2 rounds (something like 5 pounds per square inch), i did the research a long time ago, so don't quote me.

i remember reading somewhere that it's illegal to have a fully auto capable rifle which fires over 525fps with 0.2 rounds (something like 5 pounds per square inch), i did the research a long time ago, so don't quote me.

Well the legality for air guns are:

Rifle : maximum 12 Foot Pounds.

Pistol: Maximum 6 Foot Pounds.

Ahh my father has got two mint condition guns from the tip lol.

One was a Webley Junior, and a Webley & Scott Mark3, that gun is like 55+ years old if I remember correctly, I shot it many times, nice amount of power on both guns.

wot can i say im a tipical fella, bigger is always better, lol.

i have since found out that the 6mm v2 gearbox isn't strong enough for that type of spring.

topic closed

It's should be strong enough but you will suffer a decrease in ROF badly, and you need a higher torque motor.

Yes, I'm the same bigger/more is better :D

Archived