Ambidextrous Airsoft Pistols?

Airsofter123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there

I'm a leftie, and as such, finding a decent airsoft pistol is a challenge. I've spent a long time looking for guns which have ambidextrous controls, or if not, where the main controls can be switched over without any modification (I know some real military guns do this, but most require extra parts). Anyway, I was curious if anyone knew of any guns which I could get with all the controls in the correct place for a left handed user? The closest I've come is a TM M9, where the safety is ambidextrous, and the mag release can be switched over. No way to change the slide catch though.

Cheers

PX4? aren't USP's? also, im left handed, i can use a gun right handed, kinda, so you might as well use the M9, the slide lock isnt all that needed on the left side anyway, im sure you can easily grab it from the left hand as well as the right!

i may be wrong but as previously mentioned i think glocks are quite good, im right handed but i fire handguns with my left most of the time (dont ask why, idk either) and i find the mag release is quite easy to hit with the flat of my index or middle finger... if i was you i would learn how to use handguns ampi, as it makes corners easyier to navigate

Unfortunately no luck with any of these - safety & mag release are ambi or changeable, but can't find any of these with moveable slide release. Does anyone know if it's possible to adapt the slide release, so that inserting a new mag automatically makes the slide move forwards again?

Cheerw

• Supporters

Learn to shoot properly :P joking,

Just put a mag in and pull back the slide, no slide release needed, that said I can reach all buttons and functions with both hand.on my nw anyway....

personly i use two pistols and i find a glock 17/18 works quite well since the safety is on the trigger, the slide relise is the only hinderance

• Supporters

Learn to shoot properly :P joking,

Just put a mag in and pull back the slide, no slide release needed, that said I can reach all buttons and functions with both hand.on my nw anyway....

You really don't need a left hand pistol, there is no such thing in the real world of guns. The british army train all solders to shot right handed.

The main reason for this is the shell eject is on the right hand side, so if you was the fire the gun left handed you A: get a face full of the charge handle. B: a very hot shell will be ejects into your face... not a great idea.

Ok for a pistol its different as the shell eject isn't right next to your face, but still.

Just get a pistol you like and learn to use it. personally I like the 1911 for the left hand as the slide lock is far enough forward to reach with your left trigger finger. The mag release can also be used by your left hand index finger. I can work the full gun using one hand, ofc apart from cocking the thing, but I'm working on it :)

Archived