new L85 on the market!

MZKaleem
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
I kinda like that.....

but I would still rather buy the M14 over the SA80 (and already bought the G39 over the M14)

ways wrong with you?:P

The g39 is nice, but I don't feel comfortable with g36's

bayareaairsoft.org/forum/index.php/topic,12246.0.html

Found a review, looks good so far, apart from the parts that fell off:o

• 3 weeks later...
im liking the RIS, i might have to magpul it out though :P so AFG and Magpul rail covers...thats it lol

I hate you.

Get out.

Fagpul doesn't belong on our glorious rifle.

:P

Though, I've already seen an AFG on one, so a little bit of my soul died there...

Ours and germans :P also im regretting saying that about the fagpul stuffs

• Supporters

The german bit comes from when Hk retro-fitted the a1 so that it actually worked :P

And since Hk was owned by BaE at the time, it's all British :)

The german bit comes from when Hk retro-fitted the a1 so that it actually worked :P

And since Hk was owned by BaE at the time, it's all British :)

Yup.

H&K were owned half and half by BAE and the British Government. (The German government bought them back in 2005 IIRC)

The mods were designed by BAE's engineers/designers and current soldiers. They were added to the SA80 family in the Nottingham RSOV factory, which is now run by H&K, but wasn't at the time.

This notion that H&K made the L85A2, or that the SA80A2s are German is complete nonsense. Its like saying all NATO countries in the 60's-80's used British tanks because their tanks used the NATO standardised gun, the British RO-L7 105mm gun.

[Take a deep breath Hubert, breathe!]

Ok, trying to get this fairly on topic -

WE have already released 2 'upgrade' parts. Bolt catch release and something else. Why?

Becasue from the reviews I've read, it seems that the BCR is one of the first things to brake, 2 people having them break as they take the damned thing out of the box.

I think it'd be better to wait a few months before you take the plunge and buy it. That, and you never know, they may hopefully release LSW/AFV kits (I'm not keeping my hopes up, but a man can dream, right?)

MAGPUL - if it adds comfort, then go ahead. I'm all for people adding things to their weapons that, yano, make them pleasant to use. AFGs? Go ahead. E/PMAGs? Yup. However, MAGPUL'ing up your gun so it's all 'tacticooooool', bolting on anything and everything? No. It just looks like a truck filled with MAGPUL gear exploded next to you. And I'll wager that some of the gear gets in the way of the other stuff...

• 1 month later...

IIRC one member of this forum started out on a GBBR, and he did quite well out of it from what I hear.

But in general, it is a bad idea to start out on a GBBR.

Though I want another one :P

Talking to an owner of one, he's found:

The replacment bolt parts still don't work

Accuracy wise, his stock G39 is far better

The Charging handle is too loose, it needed electrical tape wrapped round part of it to keep it in place (before he taped it, it fell out mid-game).

The screw that holds the pistol grip in place, doesn't. Even after copious ammount of that lock-tight stuff, the screw isn't in tight.

The mostly steel rifle really suffers from cold, he found after 1 mag fired, the entire thing was freezing, which reduced the performance on the next mag.

That said, I'd love to own one of these :lol:

I agree james, considering the G39 works so well, i might have to save up for the G36k or the G36c?

oh my god..........wish i had money to blow.

Thats what she said ahaha

Archived