Gun arrived today

walshy155
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long did you charge it for?

if you give us the fact, EG charger out put battery Mah etc

once you find out

The capacity of a battery is stated in mA (milli-amps).

One milli-amp is one thousandth of an amp, therefore 2400mA is 2.4Amps.

The higher the milli-amp number, the longer the battery will last before a recharge is required. For example: a 2400mA battery pack will last approx. twice as long as a 1200mA pack. The capacity DOES NOT affect the velocity or rate of fire of any electric gun. The voltage of a battery pack DOES affect the rate of fire but does not affect the velocity (FPS) of any electric gun. Most AEG's (Automatic Electric Gun) are designed to run on a 8.4V battery pack.

Using a 7.2V will decrease the rate of fire by approx. 10 to 15% but the gearbox will generally last longer as it is under less strain and will also use 10 to 15% less BB's per minute of firing.

To calculate the charging times use the following formula:

Battery capacity (mah) divided by charger output (mah) multiplied by 1.4 to give charging time in hours.

For example: 1100/250 X 1.4 = 6.16 hours

Yes I know amperage, etc etc.

I put the battery in, and it shorted, then I charged it for about 10 minutes to see if the battery was kaput, but it was still working, but no BB's come out?

The charger is 250mA

I know that voltage is ROF, and obviously mAh is milli amps an hour.

So I dont think the fuse has gone, because it fires.

Also the charger has a red light on it, maybe when it's charged it is green?

And the charger has been on for about 15 mins~ and it's scorching.

well when the battery gets hot, then unplug also you know to fill up the magazine and wind it, NOT wind it upside down etc.

well when the battery gets hot, then unplug also you know to fill up the magazine and wind it, NOT wind it upside down etc.

The mag dont have a winding mech, I just put some BB in with the speed loader, and there is a spring in there, anyway is it not firing because it's not charged?

• Supporters

when you say doesnt fire, do you mean when you pull the trigger nothing happens, or when you pull the trigger you hear the gearbox working but no BB's are coming out?

maybe there isnt enough power to pull the whats-it-called back far enough to fire,

it should have come with a cleaning/unjamming rod, try this, cleaning the barrel

it should have come with a cleaning/unjamming rod, try this, cleaning the barrel

]

I have tried that I just shook the gun while in full auto and some shot out, is there something jammed somwhere else?

Can anyone tell me whats going on please?

The way battery's work if they are low on charge the discharge of amps can be much higher than the stated amount alternately if for instance it is a poor quality battery and you have a "dud" cell in it the discharge of amps can (worst case seceniro) be up to 8times the stated discahrge amps. This could cause trigger contacts to "weld" or the commutator in your motor to break up or could be as simple as a blown fuse.

Moral of the story don't use a poor quality or faulty battery in your gun.

dont use a poor quality battery in a poor quality gun? sarni that doesnt make sense

even DE LPEGS dont have these problems :P haha

You could spend £500 on a aeg dosnt guarantee you won't get a dud 1 as with anything mass produced their are always rubbish/broken ones that slip through the net

Go to Just bb guns mate, amazing site for what you want, the M85 is good,

Archived