Radios

sarni307
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right I'm after a set of four radios but have very little experience of pmr/walkie talkies can anyone advise me on a good set.

I want ones that would be capable of taking a covert style ear piece and mic a good range (8km ish) and are not to bulky.

I have tryed eBay and their are hundreds to chose from but would like to know if anyone has any experience and could maybe recommend a half decent set. Don't have to be anything too special as I don't want to pay anymore than £200 including the mic's. But I figure £50each should be enough.

Thanks

Search Argos or Ebay for Binatone radios, they are quite good, and cheap at the same time :)

they either have the same ones as an Xbox 360 wired headset, or an Ipod headphone size, buy them, then if they take xbox ones thats fine, you have them, if not then buy a different mic. x4 it is what i am probably doing :)

I'm sure if it's just a 3.5mm jack then that's not a problem but I can't actually find any info on them all they say is hands free compatiable

• Supporters

what he said :P

binatones and BT radios (at least on the whole) use a 2.5mm jack but the jack is a bit longer on my radio's than the 360 headset, so it doesnt work with them.

also, finding a decent headset that has a 2.5mm jack is next to impossible, I have been trying for months

Hey, personally I would get a set of Motorola T6/7's there the best of the Motorola range and many people use them in airsoft.

Saying that if your looking at getting a headset thats where you want to spend the money, radios just do the transmitting. Altho saying that you could spend loads of money and still have a walki talki that wont work well.

I personally thing your better off asking in a shop or e-mailing a radio supplier. This way they can tell you what you need and which headset is needed.

Try:

http://www.twoway-radio.co.uk/?wcw=google&...CFQod4QodB0yWBA

Archived