hawkeye2507
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi ,,there my son is keen to start playing ,,and want me to join him ,he is 15 years old ,,any advice ,,suggestions ,,i know we have to star with two tone or transparent guns,,till we are registered,,he wants to snipe,,me im just a run in and blaster ,aint got the patience to snipe,,so any tips,advice would go down well, we are based down in colchester ,essex

• Supporters

Welcome to the forum, and sport :)

Firslty the guide in my Sig, ought to help you, last post of the second page,

For sniping a Tokyo marui VSR is the best choice by far, as for run and gunning, I recommend an SRC or kwa g36, however there is more info in the guide

Any more q's just ask :)

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Get down to a site and hire guns for your first few times and it'll mean you (not your son) will be eligible to buy a RIF (black gun) after a while. Can give more detail on that if you want.. By waiting out you also make sure it's the thing for you and whether he still wants a sniper..

what hes done is talk his mum in to buying a couple of transparent famas's,,and a couple of pistols ,,nothing special,,,,he is eager to get out ,,when i get some cash together going to take him to the billercay site ,,want to see if he gives up once hes been hit a few times

Hey welcome to the forums!

I would make sure you read marksman guide, its always best to learn from people that already play and have done for some time. But the easiest thing to do it for both of you to get down to your local site hire out two AEG (Air Electrical Gun) and have a blast! Sniping is something that will require a lot of getting use to and a lot of money to upgrade the sniper so it good enough to use. I know this from personal experience lol!

But welcome to the vast growing Airsofting community and I hope we will hear from you again soon!

Welcome to the forums

I know their will be no telling him ( for the same reason they say you should employ a teenager whilst they know it all) but I can't stress enough how much he would regret having a sniper. They are nothing like the real thing and unless you are prepared to spend several hundred pounds on upgrades then a good aeg will out preform it. If he is fixed on the idea I would suggest a m14 with a scope that way you have the best of both worlds. A semi or Full auto riffle that looks and feels like a sniper but performs like a assault riffle does.

Hope this helps

Archived