GHK G5 selling price?

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking at selling my GHK g5 gen 2 that not even been used that much.

Not sure what price to put it up for?

Comes with everything in the picture.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

X4 fixed scope.

suppressor.

Hephaestus GHK G5 Aluminium Cocking Handle

x2 mags and one of them is the new pmag.

All the accessories you see.

Thank you for any help.

• Supporters

Gun is about £320 new,

Scope is averaging at £25,

Mag is what, £40?

Various bits and bobs, we'll say £60

I usually price everything up and then start at 75% and go from there. That would be £333. Include fees and postage.. £350. 

Others may price it a little higher but typically you'll either lose a bit of cash selling second hand anyway or just about break even if it's a popular gun. 

There's another being sold for £375 which hasn't sold for 2 weeks so I think £350 is reasonable. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

£320 new? more like £270

Where's that from mate? Lowest I could find was £300 with the highest being £330. 

At any rate drop it down a bit more.

3 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Where's that from mate? Lowest I could find was £300 with the highest being £330. 

At any rate drop it down a bit more.

milspec solutions

socom tactical

just cause airsoft, to name a few

Yeah as above, around 75% of combined retail. Less if condition is not so good or more if item is rare; the G5 looks in good condition and they are very common, so the 75% bracket is what you should use.

Due to being very common and being the budget option from GHK, it may take a little longer to sell than usual.

If you struggle to sell, then sell the accessories, like the scope, separately. This will help bring the cost of the overall package down.

Best of luck with your sale!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Yeah as above, around 75% of combined retail. 

75% since when? You might get that for hard to come by stuff but most stuff no.

2/3rds is the average for guns but even that is dropping in the mid price range. There is so many good deals for £200/250 and the lack of places to sell that the second hand market for mid price is not healthy. I am picking stuff up for less than half retail all the time at the moment.

About 75% since I have successfully sold every item I have listed at that rate :D

The only time I will drop below that rate is if I want to sell an item the same day or if the item in question has a fault.

Lack of places has not been an issue for me, simply listing here, ZeroIn (when it works), WeaponCrates, Prefired and UsedAirsoft gives me all the advertisement I have needed. There is also AirsoftNation but I have never bothered with it personally. If it does not sell after being listed on so many places, the item might not be as good as you originally thought.

For items which are not RIFs, multiple Facebook sales groups will see them sold quickly enough, without having to mess around with various websites, such as the aforementioned.

Too many times have I seen a sales post limited to one forum or site, expecting a quick sale.

Then again, the stuff I obtain or sell is usually desirable to begin with, which may be the reason. Sure, selling a second hand Cm16 at 75% is probably laughable, for instance.

People also underadvertise their items with a very vague description (such as "comes with 4 mags and battery, pm if interested") and crappy pictures, which impacts external interest. If you want to sell at a higher rate, such as 75%, you need to show the item's worth.

However, this is my take on second hand sales, no one else has to follow that. :)

Edit: Last key point about sales is keeping note of people you have previously dealt with. If they have bought an item from you once, they may want to buy another, assuming the transaction went well.

Thanks you all.

I have seen them for £275 new so with that in mind.

New prices for the setup.

G5 £275 - current price at some shops.

extra mag - £50

Hephaestus  Cocking Handle - £15

Accessories, scope,suppressor,grips ect - £50

£390

75% of 390 = 292

So if I sell for £290 including shipping that is about £20.

So I sell for £270 or £260?

Let me know what you think cheers.

Archived