Pistol Advice Please

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got two pistols at the moment - 
A TM Mk23 - which is awesome
A WE18c - which is fun, but nowhere near as accurate.
I'm after another gun, so I can run double pistols
I love the mk23, currently more than any of my other guns. Purely because it's had the most kills.
It's accurate as hell, has amazing range and can have a decent rate of fire when required.
And that's all straight out of the box.
So although I love the Mk23 and I could just buy another, I'd like suggestions for an alternative.
I the same attributes as the Mk23 - Excellent accuracy and range straight out of the box - but in a different platform.
Why? Because variety is the spice of life!
Budget is under £200. So, what can you suggest that might fit the bill?

Just now, L3wisD said:

I have a lovely WE G17 for sale that is stupendously accurate and has a great range.

The only downside is, it's a little... flash looking :lol:

funny you should mention that - I was just looking at it...... But I am not a blingy person I'm afraid..

16 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Dual TM G17s! Stick a maple leaf hop unit/rubber and a RATech/Maple Leaf/Crazy Jet inner barrel and enjoy. With extended mags.

This is what I do :lol:

Would something like this do the job:
https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/Maple-Leaf-Glock-Hop-Unit-And-Inner-Barrel-Set.html
Cos I suppose a cheaper way of doing it would be to put one of those in my WE?
How much difference do they make?
I'm guessing the TM is better than the WE - but to what degree?

• Mostly Retired Moderators
3 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Would something like this do the job:
https://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/Maple-Leaf-Glock-Hop-Unit-And-Inner-Barrel-Set.html
Cos I suppose a cheaper way of doing it would be to put one of those in my WE?
How much difference do they make?
I'm guessing the TM is better than the WE - but to what degree?

That alone will improve your G18 no end.

For £40 it's worth a try and if you don't find the improvement was worth it, you could sell it on. That'd sell easy on here.

7 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

For £40 it's worth a try and if you don't find the improvement was worth it, you could sell it on. That'd sell easy on here.

And sadly everywhere out of stock....

4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

And sadly everywhere out of stock....

Pretty sure MPA in Hockley had them in stock at the weekend

One of the reasons the Mk23 is so accurate is that it's a non blowback.

If you want accuracy and range, buy another non blowback.

It doesn't have to be another Mk23, but in the interests of symmetry, two Mk23s run from opposite side shoulder holsters would look pretty cool for CQB. And you could keep them more manageable by leaving the silencers off.

TM SIG P226 E2 - very ergonomic, fantastic range and accuracy, easy to buy holsters for. My best pistol I would say. 

• Supporters

Have a look at the ASG CZ09, or any of tr variants, have been very very impressed with the range and accuracy out of them and they aren’t too expensive. 

Lift .3s to 65m out of the box and are accurate enough to get kills at that distance also.

For me it would have to be TM. I love my VFC FNX, but if you want long range and accuracy then just buy a Tm and use it as is. Dave is always telling me how good the p226 is, and the reviews of the full size usp that’s just came out said it’s got great range. 

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Have a look at the ASG CZ09, or any of tr variants, have been very very impressed with the range and accuracy out of them and they aren’t too expensive. 

Lift .3s to 65m out of the box and are accurate enough to get kills at that distance also.

They just launched the P07 too. Looks and shoots good, but must admit it feels disappointingly light and tacky compared to the 9mm.

3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Have you ever seen one of these hop kits for a P226?

Guest scalawag
1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

No I don't think they do the drop in Maple leaf Barrel & Hop Up Unit for the 226.  I have 2 x226s and a 228 and have been looking for a while with no success.  In the end I went for Maple leaf Autobot 50 degree hop buckings, with the original barrels and hop units.  This has improved the range by quite a bit, and I may also go for new crazy jet barrels too at some point to see if I can pick up the accuracy (not that it is that bad as they are now).

Tm hi-capa gold match, very accurate with good quality bbs, in fact the most accurate airsoft gun I've got and I've got a good few lol, but also great quality, highly upgradable if you ever wanted to and just performs great out the box.. :)

1 hour ago, scalawag said:

No I don't think they do the drop in Maple leaf Barrel & Hop Up Unit for the 226.  I have 2 x226s and a 228 and have been looking for a while with no success.  In the end I went for Maple leaf Autobot 50 degree hop buckings, with the original barrels and hop units.  This has improved the range by quite a bit, and I may also go for new crazy jet barrels too at some point to see if I can pick up the accuracy (not that it is that bad as they are now).

Is it the WE sigs you have, or TM?

Guest scalawag
10 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Is it the WE sigs you have, or TM?

Its the WE ones I have.  I have a P226 R, P226 E2 and a P228.  I find them great, they may be considered a little bit heavy, but so far they are rock solid and shoot very well in my opinion.

Ive seen the maple leaf hop and barrel sets for 1911s, Hi-Cappas and Glock 17/18 & 19, but so far not for the P226 or 228.

2 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen the kit, but personally I’d go for a crazy jet barrel in the desired length, 50 degree decepticon bucking and I key. I know the mk23 is a different beast, but the £40 in parts has it shooting 70m confirmed. 

I've got the P226R - nothing upgraded, built like a tank, hasn't failed me yet after nearly 2 years of abuse, but severely lacking in accuracy (and may be due a good clean set of internals anyway)

Guest scalawag
1 minute ago, AshOnSnow said:

I've got the P226R - nothing upgraded, built like a tank, hasn't failed me yet after nearly 2 years of abuse, but severely lacking in accuracy (and may be due a good clean set of internals anyway)

Yeah I started with a P226 R and it is still probably my favourite to be honest.  I liked it so much that I got the E2, and then the P228 as well.  I can pick any of them up and know I am going to have a blast shooting it, and that it will work too.

Just now, scalawag said:

Yeah I started with a P226 R and it is still probably my favourite to be honest.  I liked it so much that I got the E2, and then the P228 as well.  I can pick any of them up and know I am going to have a blast shooting it, and that it will work too.

The P226 22 Nitron was the one of the first pistols I ever learned to shoot on, nothing else really felt as good and the WE airsoft one metal stuff in the UK just feels right. Not tried the compact 228 or 229 though. It seemed a bit reluctant last game, so I think it'll be a lot happier after some new internals. I can see the nozzle is getting worn down, so figure I may as well fit a maple kit in it while I replace that. But doesn't seem to be a drop in kit for it.

Guest scalawag
10 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

The P226 22 Nitron was the one of the first pistols I ever learned to shoot on, nothing else really felt as good and the WE airsoft one metal stuff in the UK just feels right. Not tried the compact 228 or 229 though. It seemed a bit reluctant last game, so I think it'll be a lot happier after some new internals. I can see the nozzle is getting worn down, so figure I may as well fit a maple kit in it while I replace that. But doesn't seem to be a drop in kit for it.

Yeah I have to agree the feel of the WE Sigs is great, you properly feel like you have something substantial in your hand.  The P228 is nice, being compact it is a bit more nimble to weald around, but other than that it feels much like the P226, and controls are identical.  The 228 will also take 226 mags which could be handy.  Obviously being longer they do extend below the grip, but they fit and work perfectly.  

I got my P228 as I might do an NCIS load out at some point just for fun, and because I wanted another SIG lol.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Archived