First rifle problems

MichaelStone
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I purchased my first Rifle this week, A Area Amoeba Honey Badger that is advertised to have 300fps.

1baf6df983c03f03106ea008e0f5c90d.png

Now all looks well, but there was a little tag on the rifle with the Chronograph readings for the rifle. Which apparently came back at 1.39 Joules which is 387FPS (ish). Which is over the legal limit (I think). I've Emailed the company I bought it from asking for answers just waiting for a reply. 

Now some of you are going to suggest to Chrono it, but I don't own one and don't know anyone with one, and I don't particularly want to spend on a day for airsoft to find out I can't actually use my gear.

Any suggest on somewhere within London I can take it to get downgraded if needed?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure someone near you could sort out use of a chrono,put up a request in the wanted or general areas....

Can't you send it back if it's not right....

• Supporters

Pro Airsoft or other places will do it damn quickly and re-chrono

it is a quick change spring so it is a straight forward simple task

you could do it yourself, but you don't have chrono

your local club/site could do it also, probably a 10-15 min job, so if it fails chrono

you could re-do it & re-chrono just before first game starts

You could/should contact send back the gun to retailer

but they might have already dropped the spring, then again have you got time to send it back

Shouldn't really invalidate the warranty as such, or just don't tell the retailer should issue occur

Pi$$es me off though retailers sending out hot or sub 300fps guns to new players

(WTF they can't test the gun with 0.20's with hop properly set or roughly set before shipping)

387 is a bit high even if hop is fully fully off, that is like a grey import with a m115 in there

• Supporters

I like your signature @Sitting Duck. It's a shame they don't work on Mobile. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I like your signature @Sitting Duck. It's a shame they don't work on Mobile. 

My sig seems to work fine for me on android but I'm requesting desktop site

Some stuff on my phone with slimmed down mobile pages just doesn't work right

Hence I often select " request desktop site " for here and some other sites

Can see your signature, my sig if I'm logged in on both laptop and also on my cheapo old android fone. Dunno about IOS but desktop site works for me

Posted from crappy non 4G mobile coz my kids get all the good upgrades :(

• Supporters

Contact the retailer and ask for clarification of what the f**k is going on ! 

• Supporters

There's every possibility that the tag was put on by the manufacturer and that the retailer has since downgraded it but not removed the tag.

Contact them before you do anything to the gun.

Contact the place you bought it from. As said above, the tag may be utter bullshit. Failing that, find a local site that you can chrono at. Yes, it's a ball ache but I've had to take a trip just to get something chrono'd before (was a 2hr drive i think).

If it IS firing hot, contact the store and inform them they've sent you an illegal firearm, and you want a safe replacement sent back.

Archived