SISU Mouthguards?

steakandpotato
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So apparently SISU mouthguards are strong as sh*t and very good for milsim events when you want to keep a lower face profile.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience on them and how good they are at stopping the pearly whites from getting blasted out?

• Supporters

They are a good make , but you can’t talk for s**t and your still going to get your lips burst like an over ripe melon if you get shot in the pie hole ! :(

why I use a mesh lower face guard . 

• Supporters

While I appreciate nobody wants teeth knocked out/broken etc, being a former boxer/rugby/ice hockey player I often wore a guard, but the idea of wearing one for a whole day sounds daft, you'd be gagging on it after a couple of hours, & as Druid has pointed out your lips (& lower teeth) aren't protected, get a mesh guard, lower or full face will do the job.

• Supporters

Do not use mouthguards for Airsoft. They are not designed to get hit by a projectile going 340+ fps. They are built for impact sports - to protect your teeth from hitting each other. If you want to protect your lower face go with a half mesh mask.

I have a sisu mouth guard.

As an ex boxer I wouldn't recommend it for Airsoft 

16 hours ago, Tackle said:

While I appreciate nobody wants teeth knocked out/broken etc, being a former boxer/rugby/ice hockey player I often wore a guard, but the idea of wearing one for a whole day sounds daft, you'd be gagging on it after a couple of hours, & as Druid has pointed out your lips (& lower teeth) aren't protected, get a mesh guard, lower or full face will do the job.

*fitted by a orthodontist* <-- if you regularly wear a mouth guard its a godsend. Lost my fitted one for a game and had to play with a boil n bite one and my i couldn't breath, speak or even keep it in my mouth

• Supporters

I'm sure your right, I'm an old git so back when I was a serious athlete we didn't have much to choose from, lol I can still "taste" mine now, not pleasant ;) .

that said, in airsoft, teeth shot out is rare, I've prob only seen it twice in 16yrs of playing, got to be better to protect the whole moosh, otherwise what next, pads for every joint & exposed area, we'll all look like juggernauts or robocop ?.

Damn it. I really thought I was onto something here. I literally care 0% about getting a BB stuck in my cheek or nose (I'm aware it'll hurt like a c*nt) but losing a teeth is something I'm staying VERY far away from.

Maybe one day there'll be a strong enough mouthguard or something.

• Supporters

How bout a bb going THROUGH your cheek & rattling around in your mouth ?

im not kidding, some scumbag snuck a 650fps sniper in to ft Amherst, which is a small site, & went through a guys cheek :( .

9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

How bout a bb going THROUGH your cheek & rattling around in your mouth ?

im not kidding, some scumbag snuck a 650fps sniper in to ft Amherst, which is a small site, & went through a guys cheek :( .

What a c*nt. Hope they banned him. Stuff like that should become a punishable offense by law. Technically, that is a firearm and in the eyes of the law, no different to a genuine gun.

• Supporters

It was about 15yrs ago, the guy running site was a bit of a mong, player deffo got banned but it was played down as the adverse publicity would have caused the moody landowners to close the site to airsoft (which they did a few years later).

but yeah, even with the legal issues, what a Cnut sneaking it on, the fact he hadn't chrono'd it tells you he knew what he was doing, thank f()ck it didn't take his eye.

People like that genuinely need to have some further repercussion other than just a ban from one site. Yes, I understand that eventually you would run out of (at least) local sites, but still. No real repercussions. Also - at any of the sites I've played at, I could very easily have faked 'me'. No ID is ever required, all I need to do is write down some details. 

Archived