rail removal

tomola
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all

just getting back into airsoft after 3 years and ditching all my gear. A friend has kindly donated an old G&P he had that needs a bit of work on the gearbox (new piston and battery connector) to make into a decent m4 to suit my play style. I've taken a few uppers apart but never seen a rail attached like this and was just looking for some advice on how to get it apart so I can put my spikes rail on which is far more straight forward than this one as far as I can see.

Last resort will be my dremel and a cutting disc to the gas tube which i'm trying to avoid ha

thanks all

20180318_185201.jpg

20180318_185214_1.jpg

• Supporters

Looks like some sort of free float system. Are there any screws that you can see? If so remove them and it should just twist off. 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, tomola said:

Nope no screws mate. Can't for life of me work it out 

Look harder, I can see two in your second pic.

Have a look at this too 

The ridged ring unscrews from the rail which can then be removed. You can then pull the gas block and gas tube off which unlocks the barrel nut. The ridged ring is captive behind the barrel nut.

Archived