Warrior dcs or recon plate carrier

Allen428
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was going to buy a warrior dcs but then seen the recon on the website and now I’m torn which one to get. Any one got any experience with them or owned both?

17 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I have the recon and I’m very happy with it. 

I had my heart set on the dcs but I’m swaying towards the recon now, especially as I run a belt with my pistol, mags, smoke etc 

Bit of feedback on the DCS:

Whilst it is an amazing carrier and built to amazing standards, it is damn bulky. The front and rear profiles are fine actually, but it is just large around the sides. This is probably what you would find with most plate carriers though - they are there to hold plates to protect you rather than being a fashion statement :lol:

BUUUUT as this is airsoft and I have yet to hear of 7.62 BBs, we can just use them to look cool as we do not actually require the protection. The recon is much more compact, lighter and just generally looks like an awesome bit of kit.

I would suggest the recon between the two, every time.

Seconded, the DCS feels like a big heavy jacket. Feels padded as feck, I dont like wearing it at all, only run it as I have no other black rig and sometimes need the extra space for mags etc.

Should have got the recon...

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Seconded, the DCS feels like a big heavy jacket. Feels padded as feck, I dont like wearing it at all, only run it as I have no other black rig and sometimes need the extra space for mags etc.

Should have got the recon...

You may be in luck. I contacted Warrior asking if they had a black recon in the works and to my absolute surprise, they said they do indeed! However, they did not give me a date, they just said "soon". I asked them about a week ago so it is fairly recent news.

4 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

You may be in luck. I contacted Warrior asking if they had a black recon in the works and to my absolute surprise, they said they do indeed! However, they did not give me a date, they just said "soon". I asked them about a week ago so it is fairly recent news.

I wouldnt spend that type of money on it though, im happy and cheap enough to make do with an el-cheapo version if I decide to change ;) 

Thanks for or the replies, I’ve ordered the recon as it looks more streamlined and not as bulky.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Allen428 said:

Thanks for or the replies, I’ve ordered the recon as it looks more streamlined and not as bulky.

must have been why the site is down at the moment!! haha :D

I like the recon carrier but cant justify another plus it wasn't in ATACs AU, nice though to be able to swap stuff around a little more if you have differing front panels

Picked up the DCS in AU though, but only as 50% off otherwise i wouldn't have got it....

tbh for me, my 901s and back panels are just as effective for my minimal playtime! :lol::lol:

I bought a tan recon in Jan with the pathfinder chest rig.

Glad I picked it over the DCS, much easier to get on and off between short CQB games.

In hindsight I wish I'd waited for the new OD green colour.

You can put an aftermarket cummerbund on the DCS however, such as the Ferro Concepts Elastic Carry Cummerbund or Blue Force Gear LMAC which greatly reduces the profile of the rig.

Archived