ive had an epiphany :O

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Right, I've just realised that the recce rifle is expensive for what it is that I'd need a mortgage to get one, especially with uber expensive mags and batteries., so that my second DMR idea down the drain.... nowz that had me thinking, what gun, what parts etc and then I though of the Masada/Acr.

There is a pts style stock coming out and I think it was a 20inch barrel, so I could make a decent dmr out of those, and then when needed or if I feel like it I could.quickly change to a cqb variant.

So firstly, yay or nay to acr DMR?

Secondly, what's the performance like ootb and what upgrades internally would it need?, oh yeah and what duo they take batterie-wise?

I really like the acr and don't see why it wouldn't work really well as a dmr

On a sub note you must have some serious time on your hands you have been posting like mad this week...not that's there's anything wrong with that.

yeah ACR DMR sounds good...similar to this?

I had an awesome ACR DMR on my laptop, i iwll upload later if i remember later :)

this is the basic one that i made in 20seconds

post-1769-1302729408_thumb.jpg

i dont like hi caps anyway, although i do have 2 i caps and no mids/lows :P

• Supporters

ACR will be hard to source for cheap! even an A&K

Better off grabbing a TM M14. upgrading the barrel's and internals make them semi auto at 450fps (or whatever your site permits) should come with 1 or 2 mags and being a DMR that should last you :)

• Supporters

Thanks matt but I don't really like m14's, too common lol,

And about the mags I already have 7 pts PMAGs- shame they're all OD.

My site (csw) doesn't allow FPS boosts for semi only either unfortunately- its a right pain in the ***

after every shot, you can pull back the charging handle so it is fair :P

• Supporters

Id make it like this I think, out of interest what scope/sight/ptics would you guys use on this?

unledxk.png

then when i feel like it i can swap to this (i could carry the parts easily enough in one of those shotguns scabbard/sleeves on my back and large pouches on my vest

unled1ij.png

thanks so far by the way :D

Wouldn't want to have the hassle of those parts and in the woods if you lose even a tiny part the stock/parts may not bolt on or work but its your choice. It will also weight you down with all the parts.

Get one day sack, and stick it all in there! like just the upper, i wouldn't bother about a new stock

Gun

silencer to hide TBB which isnt necessary just cool lol

but yeah, i dont know where to get the upper from, and longer outer, and handguard, just a price reference etc so that you know roughly how much it'll cost you, also i would go for the Magpul UBR stock and keep the standard one at home?

• Supporters

I won't need another upper... the barrel is quick detach so I can change it whilst playing in 30secs.

You cant get a UBR for the Masada...

The longer barrel, hanguard and prs stick aren't out yet but they should be around the same price

• 3 weeks later...

the pics as promised...a while ago!

obviously without the horrible fail of a ghillie!

post-1769-1304361914_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1304361929_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Well it doesn't have to be cheap, but getting a non second hand recce with batts and mags etc is so expensive.

Whereas I have 7 pts PMAGs, and 3 batteries for the Masada already, ill just gradually add parts to my collection. Then buy a big pelican case and custom cut the foam to hold all the parts. I have measurements already lol, it does fit.... just

Archived