Paintball/Airsoft

GunNut
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hense the sig...

it should say, for men who enjoy other men...in bed :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...damnit, your right, as always! lol

fair example, see we knew marksman was the gay type when we first met him :P joking mate

• 4 weeks later...

I have to admit, i still do enjoy paintball. but the problem with paintball is the cost. i am a huge fan of milsim game types, and i have my own rifle that cost me 800quid.....now the thing which makes me love paintball. my rifle(Tiberius arms T4) is designed to fire first strike ammo(which costs a bloody lot i might add at 5quid for 8 shots) so when i do play paintball now i play as soily a sniper, but in paintball you can actually been a proper sniper. in airsoft the range of a sniper can be matched by a rifle. where as in paintball i can sit at 500yards and easily snipe people where they have trouble getting me at 200. first strike ammo really is the future for paintball.

but the thing that i enjoy about paintball. other then it being like 600quid cheaper for a decent gun. maintenance is also cheaper(easier to charge a battery then it is to fill a tank)

and ammo is cheaper (3000 for a blue and 2000 for a score) but sites always like to rip people off by charging a blue for 100PB's. plus the fact that many sites around my area wont actually allow you to use my own gun. which means only time ic an play is on the big events. which are very fun indeed.

paintball VS airsoft there are pro's and cons to both, paintball better if you like sniper warfare. airsoft if you like close range skirmishing. but if you have the money to waste and the fields to play in, then you can get a milsim paintball marker which will have a 18-20 rnd mag, or a drum mag to hold 100 and being gas powered(like a real gun) you do have to deal with gas issue, which in a way makes it more real, plus the benefit of range and feeling the pain of getting shot makes it for the most realistic gun play you can experience. but unfortunality no one has THAT much money spare to be able to do this kind of paintballing on a regular basis which is why my vote is airsoft

• 2 weeks later...

see thing is the future of paintball is this http://www.rap4uk.com/T68-Samurai-Paintbal...rker-p/5573.htm

the millsim aspect of airsoft, but with the pain aspect of paintball.......added witht hte fact you dont get hi-cap mags only 20 balls per mag. and you would experience gas problems like you would most real guns that rely on gas to operate (AK-47, SA-80 ect ect)

but downside is these cost a fortune. for a basic model is what you would expect to pay for a high end airsoft variant.

plus paintball masks are bulky and a pain in the ass, as you will find you wil need to mount a raiser rail for your scope.

and with most paintball sites around the uk, they wont let you take your own guns, and if they do allow you, will still may you pay far too much for the cheapest paintballs they can afford.

which is why id only ever paintball during the large events and airsoft 1-2 times a month as airsofter is cheaper more enjoyably and less hassle

O know i'm going to hated but i used to paintball a lot! :o I think the reason its more famous its an american game so in all the movies you see paintball not airsoft.

Its also marketed as something everyone can do, even with little kids, thats the main reason why i've decided to switch cuz half of each team just sit at the back at first trying to snipe then just hiding!!! So its airsoft for me now :D

• Supporters

Airsoft is a sport for men, manly men, men's men, men's men's men.

Paintball is a sport for colourful fairies, colourful fairies who are intimately acquainted with unicorns.

If Frank Sinatra had been into combat sport, he'd have played airsoft.

Chuck Norris' beard, when not being incredibly sexy and charismatic (not to me personally, but 100% of the women I asked would be putty in Chuck's beard), is probably an airsoft site.

Once, I met a paintballer, he was wearing a pink frilly tu tu - and not because it was for some manly fancy dress event. It was because he liked it.

I think I've made my point about the main difference between airsoft and paintball.

But seriously, paintball is more famous because it's older, and because it's seen as less "real" it's more accessible to kids with parents who think guns are evil (like my mum did till she fired a TM Deagle and loved it). Airsoft wins though. Paintball was too wussy to get in the ring and decided to forfeit so it could stay home watching My Little Pony...

in all fairness...........the future is a mixture between the two...........one day i hope simunition becomes more reliable for civillian use. as it would be f*cking bad ass

http://simunition.com/en/products/fx_marking_cartridges

If you ask me, it's because at paintball sites, everything is provided, whereas for airsoft, you generally have to bring your own stuff (OK so you can hire gear, but it's awful, and if everyone tried to hire a gun at an airsoft site it would be a bit of a problem to say the least). As such I think paintball is far easier to do as a one off, which means it's been easier to market for children's parties, corporate "team building", etc. On the other hand, since you need your own gear for airsoft, it's attracted a different clientele, which is prepared to invest the extra cash for the improved realism. However, this unfortunately also gives airsoft a bit of a hard-core milsim reputation in the eyes of the general public, so people are even less inclined to try it out.

Well, anyway, that's my opinion :D

If you ask me, it's because at paintball sites, everything is provided, whereas for airsoft, you generally have to bring your own stuff (OK so you can hire gear, but it's awful, and if everyone tried to hire a gun at an airsoft site it would be a bit of a problem to say the least). As such I think paintball is far easier to do as a one off, which means it's been easier to market for children's parties, corporate "team building", etc. On the other hand, since you need your own gear for airsoft, it's attracted a different clientele, which is prepared to invest the extra cash for the improved realism. However, this unfortunately also gives airsoft a bit of a hard-core milsim reputation in the eyes of the general public, so people are even less inclined to try it out.

Well, anyway, that's my opinion :D

In my oppinion this is acctually a good thing. Don't know about you guys but personally I don't fancy playing with a bunch of 3 year olds for their birthday party - ok maybe that's a bit extreme but I think we have the right people playing airsoft, we just need more of them people. For those of us who don't have the cash to spend on the sport you can get a decent gun from £120-£150 and some cheap gear from your local surplas. So it is accessible for those who want to try it out. At the end of the day airsoft isn't really for parties and that sort of stuff anyway so this isn't a massive problem. AAs for hireing anyone who acctually wants to start airsofting isn't going to be hiring for long.

However I think airsoft definately needs better marketing as I'm sure there are loads of people who would love it but willnever get the chance to play because nobody knoes what it is! :lol: I also think there is a market for parties and stuff but we have to be careful not to get the paintball reputation of just playing the sport once for a party.

Anyway very long post over :P

I come from a paintball background. I worked on a paintball site for 4 years. Played in a national league and the Mayhem world championships.

I mention all this in an effort to give weight to my argument and that I know what I'm talking about...mostly.

For years paintball was looked at in the same light as airsoft is now. by that I mean 20 plus years. Bunch of nuts running around the woods with guns. However paintballs evolution has taken it from the woods into speedball arenas. open fields with with inflatable cover that can easily be watched by spectators. You still have your stag weekend stuff but as a sport its a much brighter affair.

Aslong as airsoft remains a bunch of nuts running around the woods with guns its always going to be looked upon with a more negative veiw

Archived