Paintball/Airsoft

GunNut
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That was the funniest thing ive ever heard ahahahahahahahaha! Also its so true!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friends always just mess about the shop and prank call it then walk straight in pretending they are someone else and it dosen't help i go to school right down the road!

What site do you play at? :)

Not sure yet to be honest - just accumulated all of my vest etc and now am on the look out for where is best! There will be three of us noobs coming along for some fun :)

Any recommendations that arent a million miles away and don't cost the earth to walk on?

I think everyone round you goes to AWA herts. Can't be sure though just what I've picked up :P

More or less although it's getting boring going to the same site all the time. We used to go to loads of different sites before my dad's mate started taking the Red 1 Airsoft shop down to AWA so now that's the site me and my mates have to go to most of the time because we take alot of the stock because my dad has a big car. Don't get me wrong it's a good site but boring after it's the only site you get to play at.

Plus the matials keep changing their polacies on under 18s using face masks which is getting really irritating.

Bit more on topic. Some of the sites I go to have public foot paths running through them so we get some funny looks by dog walkers ect...

yeah AWA has specific rules about Dog walker, Hamster walkers and Cat walkers, but Luckily AWA are starting new games now i think

I'm pretty sure its about the advertising. The only way i knew about airsofting was through a friend. I'm still thinking of making my own site when I'm older and the FIRST thing I will do is bomb the nearest town with a couple of hundred thousand leaflets. I find it astonishing how little airsofting is advertising to the point where I thought it may be illegal to advertise it (is it?). Its just bad business not to advertise, especially as I can see a large amount of the populace (especially young males) being very interested in this. All they would need is a simple leaflet with a couple of cool photo's, a few points showing why airsofting is better than paintballing and how cheap it is, job done let the business go through the roof.

I can definately see where your coming from, advertising would definately be good for buisness. But I think the main reason sites/shops have steered away from advertising is the nature of the sport regarding the audiance it's aimed at. We want more people (who take it seriously) to play however there is the danger of all the chavs becoming aware of it too. The sort of morons who walk around town trying to be "gangster"

I would have to agree with you all, I live in Swindon and believe me the amount of "Chavs" just makes me wanna die.... Now if these guys started to play airsoft we would end up with a over run over unhittible chavs running around screaming and shouting at people, starting fights and making it a less of a joy to play.

Also they are more likely to get Airsoft gun banned as they would probably use the gun to rob there local store... or something stupid like that. Can we not just take them all the a island far from anywhere and nuke it? PLEASE!

Chavs probably wouldn't even bother playing airsoft. They would most likely just rob their local store and get the sport banned.

And why nuke chavs when you can do something like put them on some ridicolous talent show where they can make fools of themselves. WEe could call it chavs have talent. Then the winner is the only one who dosn't get nuked :lol:

Meh, sarni. You hit the nail right on the head, I have never lived on a council estate nor would I ever wont to. Not to be mean of offend anyone here I have work ###### hard to be where I am and so have my mum and dad. So why would I want to lower myself?

dont get me wrong i dont or never have lived on a counsil estate but have friends who did. to look at i guess i would be considered a chav by your deffenitions i have a short back and sides hair cut i would usually wear a ralph lauren polo, levi 501's and adidas originals gazzles etc. watch football and drink larger. am i bad person...?

Lol its not cloths that make a person a so called "chav" its the way they behave, the attitude they have towards overs and life. They think life owns them a living well it doesn't!

Are you a bad person, personally I couldn't tell you never met you. But from watching football and drinking larger I would say YES :P Everyone knows its Rugby, and Guinness!

Well from what I've seen yes, yes they are.

• Supporters

I should have worded that better, no offence ment.

It's the kind of wanna be gangster, violent.types who just look to cause trouble.

shouldn't have stereotyped like that, sorry.

For the record, I'm wearing a rl polo and 501's now :)

No worries its understandable, its the minority that ruins it for the majority of us.

It wasn't unreasonable of you, I started it (stupidly) without thinking

Archived