FTS magnifier and red dot/ scope with docter

DiceyRicey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I originally was just going to add a FTS magnifier to my red dot sight, for longer range engagements rather than the CQB I currently do.

After some research I think that the quality and set up of the magnifiers, looks poor.

Has anyone got experience of these, good or bad?

The other option is a scope with a docter sight on top, wouldn't want iron sights on. Something like:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sights-scopes/we-europe-phantom-4-x-32-elcan-specter-doctor-sight.htm#.WqjJ2oGQGrU

but I'm wondering how practical a fixed x4 would be, on an Airsoft rifle?

is there a adjustable zoom version, perhaps with illuminated reticules, if so could you do without the reflex sight maybe?

TIA

Don’t buy that, it’s way too expensive.

I have both a 1x-4x Elcan and an Eotech EXPS3-4, clones of course.

The Eotech is very cool looking, BUT like all Eotech clones, it’s dark to look through, and slightly worse with the magnifier, not really suitable for indoors.

The Elcan works really well, though the clone is really something like 1.5x-4x. It is heavy with all the lenses in it. I don’t think fixed 4x is great, but will work fine with the red dot on top for 1x

I picked up the Eotech pair for £60 used but perfect, the Elcan was more like £150 I think, from rifleworks.co.uk.

Both are available for less on DHgate or AliExpress 

Guest scalawag

Another vote for the Elcan 1x-4x.  

I have this too and it is a great sight, downside is it is a little weighty, but function wise it is hard to beat in my opinion.  I think it looks great too.  I have the DR red dot mounted on top as well but hardly use it as the 1x is great for closer targets anyway.  It has red and green illumination for the dot at the centre of the reticule, and has a basic set of peep sights on it too as a back up.  Very nice sight indeed.  

I also have the fixed 4x Elcan and the DR red dot on that gets used more as the fixed magnification isn't great at shorter ranges, and makes it harder to acquire targets quickly.

I also have an Eotech clone and magnifier set up.  The cheap clone magnifiers aren't great to be honest and as rocketdogbert already said the EoTech clones are a bit dark to look through to start with and a cheap magnifier just makes it darker.  It works OK as a set up, but again the total weight of the sight and magnifier make it a heavy set up.  

The magnifiers also magnify the reticle so you need to use them with a sight that has a the choice of a small reticle to begin with other wise you end up with a sight picture full of reticle when you look through the magnifier.

For me this set up just doesn't have the same solid feel as the Elcan does.

Given the choice I would go with the Elcan all day long.

Archived