Bags - How do you get all your kit to a skirmish?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to decide on the best way for me to carry all my kit, now that I actually have some!

At the moment, I'm using a 65L rucksack for RIFs, mags etc and a separate small day sack for everything else.
I'm just looking for inspiration as this isn't the best way to carry my MWS!
I think I may be the only person to have managed scratching the cerakote.
Any pics of what you transport your gear in, bag-wise, would be much appreciated - TIA.

Spent £30 on a soft bag designed for real steel for RIF's and a backpack for kit. I try to wear most of what I intend to play in then take a spare undershirt and socks for the trip home.

20180313_163019.png

20180313_163037.png

I just have a Swissarms soft carbine case for my M4, everything else gets chucked in the boot. It's a saloon, so no risk of someone eyeballing it all when I stop at the services for a coffee if I'm not tight on time.

• Supporters

I can fit all mine into a single gunbag and fishing bag. Sometimes I'll just run casual and only take the gun bag plus the essentials in a rucksack. 

2018-03-13_16_31_45.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I can fit all mine into a single gunbag and fishing bag. Sometimes I'll just run casual and only take the gun bag plus the essentials in a rucksack. 

2018-03-13_16_31_45.jpg

What's the rifle case?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, sonofsammo said:

What's the rifle case?

Plano SE Single. It's not the best but it covers up the gun and I'd rather knock the case around than damage my AEGs.

Came with my M4 which I bought for £100 and a load of extras. 

• Supporters

I have soft rifle bags for the guns and a Pentagon rucksack for the odds and sods.

Latest one is this https://www.weapon762.com/gun-packs/756-tmc-covert-carry-double-pack.html which is pretty decent for the money, otherwise I have two Viper multi gun carriers which have survived remarkably well considering their origins!

VFC Avalon goes in a case. The CYMA AK goes in a 100 litre deployment bag with the rest of my kit. But that bag is far too big! I can't find anything in it once I'm on site :D It's like the bleeding tardis! Needs compartments and lighting ;)

NATO-DEPLOYMENT-BAG-3-900x900.thumb.jpg.19568a8fd67f94d89614d2f5db94186b.jpg

I use gun bags for the rifles and Pistols

All the other stuff goes in one or two "really useful boxes".

Like this below:

31GSxddyMRL.jpg

Great for popping all the odds and sods that would normally roll about into the back of the car.

Ive got a long one that I use to go to the likes of Anzio 

IMG_1909_zpsdccftynd.jpg

and a nuprol one for my local field

IMG_3929_zpsvvynsebo.jpg

I've got a nuprol one for my 2 M4s and hi Capa and my midcaps and pistol mags, this is the Large version and gets pretty much crammed full lol.

20180314_184445.thumb.jpg.1dfba3587a2615f402fbfcf0cc971be0.jpg

A Flambeau outdoor case for my vsr10, and all mags and the TM Mk23 carry case for the erm.. Guess, lol (MK23 maybe?)

(Need to get them out to take a picture lol, watch this space)

20180314_205636.thumb.jpg.343c3f3d4e186f0e7ba89920004e98b7.jpg

And a OneTigris 50L bag for carrying any spare hi caps (loaner mags), my MCR5? (The recon chest rig), bbs, gas and face pro, etc. This is more for CQB where I cant wear my gear outside the building.

20180314_184540.thumb.jpg.12c65861a9976ab581b741741dc41afb.jpg

Gun cases fit on the backseat of my car, pistol case and backpack go in the boot. I avoid making service stops if possible as im aware the case is obvious in the backseat, but they don't fit in the boot as it's only a Corsa.

On 3/13/2018 at 4:26 PM, Duff said:

Spent £30 on a soft bag designed for real steel for RIF's and a backpack for kit. I try to wear most of what I intend to play in then take a spare undershirt and socks for the trip home.

20180313_163019.png

20180313_163037.png

I have this exact bag. Received it off a friend for free and I can confirm it more than does the job for carrying your guns, gloves, speedloaders, batteries etc.

It served me well for a long time as my only bag for airsoft. It was only recently I got another bag. 

However - answering your q.

My guns go in the soft case pictured above. My batteries/gloves/protective gear/bbs/mags goes in a day-assault rucksack. I wear everything else on the way there.

Pistols in the pockets of my adidas trackies and off we go, to public transport!

In all seriousness, I use a Warrior Assault Systems Pegasus backpack to hold gear and Tac-Snacks. Used a Nuprol wheeled case for RIFs.

• Supporters

these days i have a holdall type bag, but aeg's, jackets, and the main bits of my web gear just get dumped in the back of the car.

things like bb's, gas, tools, silicon spray etc go in a small backpack which also holds the mag for mg when it's not in use.

it's going to be an awkward conversation if i ever get stopped but i keep stuff well enough covered.

• Moderators

RIFs in gun bags, just material, I should do better!

Everything else is in storage boxes I move from loft to car on game day, one box has odds and sods, goggles etc, other just stores PC and other clothing 

Thank you for all the info!
I thought I'd decided when I went into Urban. I was going to get a Nuprol pnp hardcase. 
But then something else caught my eye. Which I bought instead! 4 locks should slow the kids down a bit.

Will use it for the guns and mags, then a rucksack for everything else...

IMG_20180316_121401617.jpg

• Moderators

What happens when you turn case on its side to carry after loading it neatly, is there much movement?, only ask as i never got one for my DJ equipment as was worried it would move to much.... 

On 13/03/2018 at 5:04 PM, warlord said:

VFC Avalon goes in a case. The CYMA AK goes in a 100 litre deployment bag with the rest of my kit. But that bag is far too big! I can't find anything in it once I'm on site :D It's like the bleeding tardis! Needs compartments and lighting ;)

NATO-DEPLOYMENT-BAG-3-900x900.thumb.jpg.19568a8fd67f94d89614d2f5db94186b.jpg

I have one of these, I can get six rifles in soft bags, four pistols, tools, ammo etc, but it’s bloody heavy :D

6 hours ago, djben9 said:

What happens when you turn case on its side to carry after loading it neatly, is there much movement?, only ask as i never got one for my DJ equipment as was worried it would move to much.... 

As said here by 

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Because the eggbox type stuff interlocks, provided you leave some space around everything, it's groovy and stays in place.

The eggshell foam is really effective for the job. Even with all my kit crammed into my Nuprol case, (shown in my earlier post) with minimal spaces for interlocking the foam, there's no movement at all there.

Archived