Is it a mistake for a beginner to buy a non starter gun?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have heard E&L and LCT exteriors are top drawer. 

I will always bang the TM drum purely because they are reliable. 

I bought a TM AK47 Beta Spetsnaz as my first gun and loved it. 

I had an LCT AK as my first gun. Absolutely loved it. The externals are top notch and I never had any problems with the internals. I ended up getting a second LCT once I got my UKARA before moving on to E&L. Magazine compatibility would be the main issue I'd raise about LCT, have had a few occasions where I've been unable to remove a magazine without taking the trigger guard off (CYMA RPK mags spring to mind). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 9:04 AM, Adolf Hamster said:

my first gun was a g&g f2000, you don't really need to get a specific starter gun if you're sure you're going to stick to the hobby.

how is that f2000? i've been a big fan of the design since i saw it, i've always fancied one as the first one i get once im registered!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, allyballybee said:

how is that f2000? i've been a big fan of the design since i saw it, i've always fancied one as the first one i get once im registered!

it's a marmite gun, if you really love it then definately go for it, but it won't be smooth sailing.

out of the box i had to cut off a tab from the bottom of the gearbox to use regular midcaps (although you can't use pmags as they're too wide), mess around with the trigger (as it wasnt firing semi-auto right), and spend ages getting a custom sling mount made (or you could splash out for a real steel version), the adjustable fps system also has a nasty habit of vibrating itself loose during a game so you start at 320fps and finish at 190 :D 

i'd also highly reccommend installing a mosfet, because finding trigger contacts is, well, fun to say the least.

plus being a unicorn gun parts like rails are super expensive.

that said, it's a pretty good shooter, trigger's like a black and decker drill but the ergonomics are otherwise pretty good, especially the mag catch once you get used to it, and when it comes to working on the gearbox it's night and day compared to a v2 when you can take almost everything off from the outside, same goes for changing the barrel.

tl:dr is if you love it, you'll be prepared to put up with that sort of thing and have a lovely unicorn gun, but it is some work to get it to a nice place.

Archived