THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Very nice! 

Anyone got anymore pictures of their mws? If so, get ‘em up!

I am very sad. 
Today, I went pewpew. But My MWS neither pewed, nor pewed.
Started off with red gas, each mag managed about 12 shots before dying. Then ran out of red gas, so switched to ultra-air. And I was averaging 4-6 shots per mag.
It made things....... interesting...... to say the least.
I was gutted. And yet my MK23 worked just fine on the Ultra-air.
It's a beautiful gun, but I am quickly falling out of love with it.
I am very glad that a marshal lent me his rifle for the last couple of games, because as good as the MK23 is, having the extra capacity of the rifle was a Godsend!
So - help!
Wtf do I do, as i'm in danger of getting another gun and putting this one away til Summer (well, late Spring)...
Not that I can afford another gun.

Edited by sonofsammo

Fill the mags until the gas spits out. Most people don’t fill them enough

The Mk23 would probably run in Antarctica on Duster gas tbf. 

I've used my MWS on Green in about 2 degrees C, but only on semi and not spamming the trigger. 

I think Nuprol 4.0 is the gas to use while it is this parky. Not used it myself but there are so many factors coming into play with GBBR use in winter, including, but not limited to: gas type used, gas amount in mag, weather, temperature of magazines, lubrication of gun, gaps between shots... 

Weather is looking half decent on Saturday so providing it’s not super windy I’m going to do some long range testing on my brother with the mws and a range finder. He doesn’t know it yet, but I’m sure he won’t mind :D. Might bring the scar H and gas m40a5 out for a comparison too

On 21/03/2018 at 2:08 PM, Wo1f said:

Weather is looking half decent on Saturday so providing it’s not super windy I’m going to do some long range testing on my brother with the mws and a range finder. He doesn’t know it yet, but I’m sure he won’t mind :D. Might bring the scar H and gas m40a5 out for a comparison too

How did it go?

Trying to do the green gas mod, and after shagging two mags, I give up.
First mag, took the valve/pipe out.
Bought a pipe cutter - which dented the pipe, but wouldn't cut through.
Bought another pipe cutter - which dented the pipe, but wouldn't cut through.
Used a hacksaw - which went through the pipe. and the outlet valve underneath. :angry:
Whilst I was doing this, my darling son had pinched the spring. And twisted it.  A lot.

Mag one down.
So with this new found knowledge, moved on to Mag no 2.
Got it all sorted, cut in the right place, rebuilt the mag.
And now it won't hold gas.
This gun, although I love it, is starting to annoy me.
It's like having a gorgeous wife that won't shag you.......

IMG_0072.JPG

You’re not having the best of luck, are you.. eagle6 should have spare parts for your magazine. 

Are you using the little pipe cutter with the two small cutting disks? The metal is very soft so you need to tighten it just enough to grip, spin it a few times to score it and then tighten the tool up a fraction, before spinning it again. 

Where are you based?

51 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

You’re not having the best of luck, are you.. eagle6 should have spare parts for your magazine. 

Are you using the little pipe cutter with the two small cutting disks? The metal is very soft so you need to tighten it just enough to grip, spin it a few times to score it and then tighten the tool up a fraction, before spinning it again. 

Where are you based?

Nope, no luck at all :angry:
Funnily enough, I'm on the eagle6 site at the mo.
I was using this pipe cutter - https://www.screwfix.com/p/3-28mm-manual-multi-material-pipe-cutter/49428
I'm in between Selby and Doncaster.

It's driving me mental - Cos I know that when it works, the gun is awesome!

that cutter looks fine. i think what a lot of people do is tighten the cutter too much and crimp the pipe.

if you get the new valves and don't want to have another crack at it, I'd happily do it for you, but you'd have to post them.

Don't let it put you off. i was having a play with mine today and i can't put into words how awesome they are.

Thanks for the offer @Wo1f, I may have to take you up on that. Although I'm finding myself a little risk averse with the mags.
Played today. 
And what a wonderful day it was!
Absolutely spot on - And a beast of a gun, when it's on form.
I had a thoroughly enjoyable day. 
It makes a difference when your primary actually fires!
Red gas and better weather FTW.
Loads of kills, which makes me happy.
However, I find the low caps a challenge when faced with a hi cap AEG army. 
So ended up on a couple of occasions getting pistol kills cos I'd run dry on the MWS.
I carry a back pack now with gas, BBs and the speedloader, so at least I can re-arm myself.
All in all, if it keeps working like this, I'll be a very happy bunny.
On the low caps front - how do you all deal with it, when faced with an AEG barrage?

5 minutes ago, Prisce said:

This thread is dangerous. 

Never wanted a gas gun, but it’s seriously tempting me. Damn this expensive hobby.

I have to say, it's been a rollercoaster so far!
However, today, it was all worthwhile - the number of people that gazed longingly, asked to hold it / asked about it was amazing.
I'm fairly sure at least one person will be showing up with one in the very near future.
Dave's custom airsoft has a finance deal on at the mo........ B)

• Supporters
Just now, sonofsammo said:

I have to say, it's been a rollercoaster so far!
However, today, it was all worthwhile - the number of people that gazed longingly, asked to hold it / asked about it was amazing.
I'm fairly sure at least one person will be showing up with one in the very near future.
Dave's custom airsoft has a finance deal on at the mo........ B)

<_< Not helping. I have too many guns. And some not even finished yet. Maybe one day.

Guest pierce09
3 hours ago, Prisce said:

Never wanted a gas gun, but it’s seriously tempting me. Damn this expensive hobby.

This. dammit. I was weighing up pros and cons of the TM MWS and a GHK but might just pull the trigger so to speak on the TM.....

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’m currently building an HPA mag with remote bb feed for my Vector. If you’re carrying a backpack anyway, why not HPA?

I don't know enough about it really. 

And would have no idea how to start myself.

What capacity will your mag be?

21 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I don't know enough about it really. 

And would have no idea how to start myself.

What capacity will your mag be?

Havent decided yet, but at least 1000 rounds :)

I’m learning as I go ha ha

Offer is always there, mate!

personally I don’t find the mag capacity bothering me and if anything it adds to the excitement as well as increasing your skill level.

I’ve found using mine has made me a much better player. I think about my loadout as a whole.  Where my mags are, how fast can I draw my pistol, where I’m putting my empty mag etc. With a good setup and the instincts that will come over time with using a low cap, you’ll be a much better player as a whole regardless of what gun you’re using. 

Are you behind cover? Check your shots. About to enter a building or general enemy area? Mag change. If your gun shoots further than most, use it as an advantage. Get out of their range and then fire on them. There’s nothing more satisfying than playing for hours and realising you haven’t actually ‘died’ yet, because you’ve been playing smart. 

As for the hpa mag... while it doesn’t really interest me, you could mag clamp a stanag high cap to an mws mag, get some tubing like what m249’s use and have the high cap feed into the mws mag with a bit of dremelling, and then tap the bottom of the mws mag for a hpa valve. 

Yeh I count out my rounds, that way you know where you are and sometimes you change mag prior to an assault or likewise.

@sonofsammo make sure to lube all seals and gaskets when assembling so that everything can seat in.

Got me another MWS mmmmmmm :D

To anyone on the fence, get one! You only live once hah!

IMG_1669.JPG