what gun to buy on a budget

machete101
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello

i am looking to get in to airsofting and was just wanting some advice on what gun to get, however i am on a tight budget of under £100. i have seen a few AEGs that i like, like the DE m901c, but i didnt no to get a AEG or whether to get a high powered pistol, i am a bit confused of what to do. could anyone suggest a good starter gun for my tight budget

i will be using the gun in a forest and i wanted a fairly powerful gun

thanks

Im trying to sell a m805a which can be seen here http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php?...ost&p=23034

i know it is not much but its perfect for getting a feel for airsoft. i am open to offers as i have included alot of extra items which did not come with the gun its self.

i have recently fixed up a SRC m4 and i would definately recommend one if you wanted to wait.

but either way the offer is there :)

Personally, I'd just browse the forums and try to find any AEG selling for under £100 but over £80. Always get a rifle over a pistol, pistols are seriously outclassed...

You might also want to consider looking into the sportline variants - Classic Army make an excellent M15A4, SRC make a decent M4A1, and I gather the ICS sportline are supposed to be excellent as well, although part compatibility is an issue when things start going wrong.

Or if you like I can sell you a KS P90 with a couple of mags and a red dot for £100 - it's a good medium range gun - 350 FPS so won't be out powered for sure (£150 ish new I think) - PM me if you want this as I won't check back here.

Anyway good luck and welcome to airsoft

Im trying to sell a m805a which can be seen here http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php?...ost&p=23034

i know it is not much but its perfect for getting a feel for airsoft.

i have seen this gun and look ok and alrite for what i want, i heard that the gun shoot around 280 with 0.2g and 300+ with 0.12g and has a metal gearbox, can anyone tell me whether this is true

this would be a better priced gun for me if these are true as i not sure whether i will be doing airsofting a massive amount, just doing it with a few mates in a forest

thanks for everyones help

i have seen this gun and look ok and alrite for what i want, i heard that the gun shoot around 280 with 0.2g and 300+ with 0.12g and has a metal gearbox, can anyone tell me whether this is true

this would be a better priced gun for me if these are true as i not sure whether i will be doing airsofting a massive amount, just doing it with a few mates in a forest

thanks for everyones help

I've heard conflicting reports about this gun - all the manufacturers say this has a metal gearbox, but people who have opened it up say otherwise. My guess is it's a kind of hybrid design, with just enough metal to be legally "metal gearboxed"... just my guess. FPS seems to be more around the 230-240 mark with .2s, which still isn't bad.

1st Rule of airsoft. NEVER use 0.12g BBs in a decent AEG.

And what REM said. If a retailer tells you the FPS a gun will give with .12s, you know for sure it's not a decent gun.

Second hand, at least it wouldn't have a PGB :lol:

I have heard the m805a comes with a metal gearbox but i cannot confirm this. the whole gun is really solid all round. i really cannot tell what FPS is from the guns i have had which have been labeled in the 250 FPS range i would say the m805a is around that. sadly im not able to crono it for confirmation as i dont know anyone who has one. what i can tell you is using 0.2 bbs it clears 2 sheets of card board(best refferance i can give as thats all i had to fire at xD )

Id very much like to get this gun sold however if you plan on skirmishing alot then definately wait and get a better one.

the choice is yours :)

• Supporters

Buy cheap = Buy twice, always the case (well, nearly always) But definately stay away from those DE cheapo 'aegs'

im not sure whether to spend that extra £40+ to get a kinda decent gun new but i think the best option for me is to buy a gun second hand. However i dont want to spend too much more as firstly im on a tight budget, secondly i have another kinda expensive hobby and finally im not sure whether i will be doing a great deal of skirmishes and whether that spending that extra money will be worth it for how much i will be using it

what kinda of two tone second hand guns would you say i look for, that will go for £70-£100

thanks

Archived