How much should I pay for a decent two point sling?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Are the likes of Nuprol and Viper at around 15-20 quid OK for holding up to 3.5 kilos of gun and add ons?

I can't afford to shell out on the real thing but I am prepared to spend a little more if it is justified.

Trouble is, although there is lots of stuff about guns on the web, most of the reviews of kit are done by Americans and the stuff they review is often not sold here.

Can anybody point me to a solid brand that won't break the bank when it comes to rigs, slings pouches etc.

I also need a lower face mask. These seem to range from about 8 pounds to 20, but I have no way of knowing whether the 20 pound ones are better. They might just be the same sort of stuff overpriced. Is Cobra any good.

2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Are the likes of Viper at around 15-20 quid OK for holding up to 3.5 kilos of gun and add ons?

No, No, No, No NO!!!!!
Viper will ditch your gun in the dirt. And spit on it. Twice.
Admittedly, mine was a single point, but I can't see their two points being any better made.
My sling lasted a day and then the clip to the gun broke.
I will not be buying anything from Viper again in a hurry. I've gone with a Blackhawk sling this time, so fingers crossed it's better.
£25 instead of £15, so 66% more expensive - but, only a tenner more and if that tenner keeps my gun safe, I'll be happy.

Yes, BlackHawk! if you want decent but affordable, Magpul or LBT if you want to really make sure. 

• Supporters

Just to chuck a spanner in the works , 18yrs of playing I’ve never had a sling fail and I always buy cheapo Chinese knock offs ! :wacko:

• Moderators

I have a warrior sling, £20 i think, last time I looked though they were OOS which is annoying as I wanted another 

brother has a cheaper one, not sure of make and it’s been fine 

• Supporters

http://lbtinc.com/

They're lagging massive behind the rest of the market though, it's quality kit most of the time (or used to be anyway) but I'd say anyone wanting a high end sling should look at Ferro Concepts, Haley Strategic, Grey Ghost or Blue Force Gear.  There's tons out there though, being a simple product; way too many to mention them all.

UK Tac and Tac Kit as per usual are the places to look over here.  You can always use an issued sling in 2 point mode though, they're obsolete design wise but they'll never fail and cost peanuts.

I highly rate my LBT sling but horses for courses!!! 

Thanks again.

I've been educating myself a little more about slings and I am rethinking my plans.

Since I will for the foreseeable future be running a G36c in CQB I would probably be better off with a single point sling. I know some two points can be reconfigured to single though.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Since I will for the foreseeable future be running a G36c in CQB I would probably be better off with a single point sling. I know some two points can be reconfigured to single though.

Something like one of the knock off MS ‘type’ slings would suit the use quite nicely (I’ve got a couple in different colours) . You’ll find that basically ALL the non branded airsoft kit (OneTigris/FMA/ASG/etc) comes from the same factory’s in China ! Only real difference is how much they charge you ! :blink:

been using a FMA knock off of the MS3 for 2 years, hasn't failed yet..

even though you can clearly see the chinese quality nylon and hardware, nowadays it's extremely cheap to produce decent polymer hardware and the stitching isn't too crap either...

i paid €25 for it, you may find them at a cheaper price..

Recently purchased a emerson 1 point bungee for my JPC for €15, used it only once but i guess it'll do the job, apart from the plasticky hardware the stitching is fine..

I have an 8 fields one. First game the fabric slipped through the plastic. So folded and stitched the end (read coerced the wife) now seems reasonably good.

Archived