Gifting guns

Governor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it legal for me to be gifted a black gun from my dad's mate?

I am 13, will sites ask questions? Like my parents UKARA number, my parents do not have UKARA but my dad's friend does (and he is the person gifting me the RiF)

thanks, Albert

• AF-UK Founding Member

Indeed, from the sticky......

Can my parent buy me an airsoft gun?

They can buy an IF but not a RIF unless they are a member of an insured game site, although if you are under 18 you can be given or win a RIF or IF.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Pretty obvious you're giving him money for the gun really isn't it? You're basically admitting it as well. Keep clean and don't give any money or get him to 2-tone it then your parents can buy it for you (assuming it isn't your money), and then gift it to you. At least that way you won't feel (and won't be) guilty.

• AF-UK Founding Member
seems like a bit of common sense is needed here

"what they dont know cant hurt" interperate as you wish ;)

What someone does is completely up to them of course, but on a public forum like this we can, should and always state what is right.

No offence intended btw :)

yes, but what if he was to pay the UKARA registered player, and then my dad has the gun and lets Albert "borrow" it for the game days where my dad will be playing with his RIF too...?

• AF-UK Founding Member
yes, but what if he was to pay the UKARA registered player, and then my dad has the gun and lets Albert "borrow" it for the game days where my dad will be playing with his RIF too...?

What you've said isn't very clear. If your Dad pays and your Dad has some form of valid defence then that is fine, otherwise no.

Essentially if you are under 18, you cannot pay anyone for an IF/RIF, it really is that simple, there are not any get arounds.

Archived