To build or not to build?

Southdown Airsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

haha yeah, would be amazing if you did, and im guessing you run SouthDown airsoft, so it could be a part of that! be a great way to take a weekend away from the outside

MG nest? Oh and if you have the money, get an Airsoft M60 or M249, or something, then modify it like that :) then it would fire BB's

Wolf lets get on it after this weekend plan in action agot enough metal/welders/taken apart airsoft guns to sort it? ar10 barrel with SCAR internals (360fps and loud)? think i should be back down sussex for good after this weekend??

P.S. Marksman we have a fort and second fort is partially complete AND considering mounting it on the back of a jeep !!! ... Well suzuki sj at any rate lol

take a video of the construction! pwetty pwease?

• Supporters

will look like an extremely expensive mounted AEG :P

however these aren't cheap either!

http://www.shootnscoot.co.uk/custom-guns-made-to-order

If you do end up making, a step by step guide / project run down (cost, materials needed) on here would be very nice!

Do let us know how you get on and post pics while its in production

Wolf lets get on it after this weekend plan in action agot enough metal/welders/taken apart airsoft guns to sort it? ar10 barrel with SCAR internals (360fps and loud)? think i should be back down sussex for good after this weekend??

Yes chap sounds like a plan although my idea was to make it much more simple using a simple valve like that on a spray painting gun with a bottle of propane attached to it, then with an angled ammo box to use as the magazine and will be gravity fed basically like a paintball gun but looking much cooler. Wont use a hop-unit so it can be fed off all the waste ammo people drop around the safezone (cleaned though) and should have a rate of fire from hell so having a bit less range is probably fairer on the opposing team, and to stop bb's just rolling out the barrel will fit a sliding "trap door" type mechanism to the base of the hopper/magazine and connected to the trigger so the barrel is always empty until the trigger is held.

It all works in my head but unsure as to what it will turn out like lol, ive got a s*** load of 2 and 3mm sheet steel and pete now has a cnc machine so im sure we can knock something up half reasonable (should look similar to a mounted .50 cal with the ammo box on the side)

Ammo wise should just have a hop like you said and leave it up to the person wanting to use it to tip bbs in the top, will start to cost you a fortune otherwise. Also people will go mad for it so bb sales will go through the roof. :P

When i start building it i will keep you all updated with its progress with some photos etc incase any of you fancy replicating it. B)

haha yeah, you got any idea of the cost it would be to make this? not including all the BB's and propane/gas ETC, just the main construction

Whoever does make one, try using the how-to simplicity of this site: www.instructables.com and give us a link. Very easy to use. They have a section on airsoft already, under play. Mostly American kids thinking their makes are awesome. WRONG....

haha yeah, you got any idea of the cost it would be to make this? not including all the BB's and propane/gas ETC, just the main construction

Not yet but im a fabricator by trade and probably have most the bits i will need kicking around the workshop somewhere so shouldnt really cost me anything except time :P

haha lucky! but yeah Istructables is amazing, me and reis used to use it for Knex, well he might still use it, but i dont :P

Archived