Socom Gear vs WE

geoffreym
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i'm seriously thinking about getting a 1911 MEU but i don't know which one i should get, if anybodies got any suggestions or reviews of either can they inform me, thanks.

• Supporters

more reliable, being a tm. soo many spare parts available, not metal

i can easily get 50meters with mine, the hop up is quite frankly insane.

the we/sg is full metal, metal slides generally make them unreliable, and dont perform as well either

full metal isnt gas efficient either, it takes more gas to move a heavy metal slide than a plastic one which the tokyo marui has- it isnt cheap plastic either, you would think it was metal without touching it

i've been looking around but they seem a lot more expensive.

i'd like to get 2 with 2 spare mags at around £300, on redwolf i can get 2 socom gears with mags for 227 including P&P and around 50 VAT, we're looking at around 140 for a gun and spare mag not including P&P or VAT with the tokyo marui's.

i think i'll be going for 2 of these Tokyo Marui MEU Pistol (1911), with spare mags if anybody's got any comments feel free, especially people who've got them.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...Pistol_1911.htm

i think i'll be going for 2 of these Tokyo Marui MEU Pistol (1911), with spare mags if anybody's got any comments feel free, especially people who've got them.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...Pistol_1911.htm

Why 2?

• 1 month later...

cos i'm a "Dual Wielder" :D

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

I have a full metal pistol and it's fine.

I can get almost 60 shots off with one gas fill and it goes at least 40metres, maybe more, I'm not sure what ranges I shoot at, the accuracy and hop up are both great and I even use .25 sometimes.

The reliability is also top notch, to the point where I don't even know what people are talking about when they say metal pistols are unreliable. Though it is a Sig and they're just beastly anyway...

I've never had any plastic guns because to me they drop out on the realism factor but if you're not bothered about that then I guess it doesn't make any difference.

If you're thinking you'll spend more money on gas with a metal one then you could always get a propane adaptor, then you can buy huge canisters of raw propane that last aaaggggeeeess and only cost about £15.

Simples.

Archived