KSC Glock 18C

rounduk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all,

I have an early KSC Glock 18C, it's the version with all the correct trade marks etc. Was at Socom Tactical yesterday and enquired about possible metal slide upgrades, he mentioned they are quite difficult to gets parts for now?

Any suggestions on places to find bits for them? I don't really want to replace it as it works fine and shoots well!

Cheers!

• Mostly Retired Moderators

A quick google search reveals that your best bet is to import in from abroad.

Rainbow8 is a treasure trove of spare parts.

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/ksc-glock-parts?sort_by=price-descending

With the metal G18 slide here: 

https://www.rainbow8.com/collections/ksc-glock-parts/products/g18c-slide-metal-hw-part-no-118-for-ksc-g-series-gbb

Don't be alarmed by the price. HK dollars are worth peanuts. The $260.00 HKD price is actually just under £30.

Cheers dude, interesting as I was talking to a mate down the pub last night and he mentioned he used to just import stuff direct!

I'll have a browse on that site!

Out of curiosity, is it possible to make the slide return spring any stronger without adverse affect? The Safariland holsters have a habit of pushing the slide back when popping them back in.

3 minutes ago, rounduk said:

Out of curiosity, is it possible to make the slide return spring any stronger without adverse affect? The Safariland holsters have a habit of pushing the slide back when popping them back in.

Simply, no. The reason the Safariland holster pushes back the slide is because airsoft Glocks are slightly fatter than real steel.

If you upgrade the spring, you’ll need to up the gas pressure to get it to cycle, which will spiral into uncontrolled spending. 

Either get a different holster (I think there’s a real steel Glock that is as fat as the Airsoft G17, but you’ll need to research it) or put your thumb on the back of the slide as you holster.

rdb

Ahhh, yeah that's how I've been overcoming it at the moe...will continue!

Do you know of any good sources for parts etc rdb? (shame Rainbow don't seem to list a marked slide, only blank) I am hankering after a metal slide and outer barrel... I've also not had much luck looking on UK sites for additional mags?

the airsofttiger111 link is for an sy glock no idea if that's compatible.

for KSC you need KSC/ASG/KWA compatible.

Just looking about it would appear that the G17 barrel is the same dimensions as the 18C but without the cut outs (gas compensation in the real gun). So my thinking is I can pop a G17 outer barrel in with the metal slide.

Archived