which small but effective rifle?

fin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so i'm looking for something small for cqb with high ROF but is still decent at range i don,t want to spend more than the 200 pound mark i was looking at these wondering if you have any suggestions or which one of these is the better one

G&G arp9:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-combat-machine-arp-9.htm?name=g-and-g-combat-machine-arp-9.htm#.WpcFmqjFLIU

Ares M4 cqc-stubby

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/ares-m4-cqc-ris-stubby-supressor-nylon-fiber-body-black.htm#.WpcFbKjFLIU

G&G firehawk Hco5

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/g-and-g-combat-machine-firehawk-hc05-dsg-m4-black.htm#.WpcF3KjFLIU

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Remembering the HC05 is full auto only, I'd probably knock that on the head. You'll find a lot of CQB places are semi only.

The ARP9 reviews well and looks super cool too, I'd be tempted to spend the money on one of those.

For CQB guns, I also recommend fitting a tightbore barrel and an SP85 or equivalent spring. The weaker spring will raise your ROF, even further without any more stress on the gearbox, and the tightbore will help compensate for the loss of FPS.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, fin said:

Site: Airsoft Manfield

cqb

http://www.airsoft-mansfield.co.uk/faq/

FPS Limits at Skirmish Airsoft are as follows, all measured with a 0.20g BB: Any RIF (AEG, GBB or AIR) capable of fully-auto fire is limited to 350 FPS. DMR (Locked to Single Shot) 400 FPS - Minimum Engagement Range of 20m. Sniper Rifle (Single Shot) 500 FPS - Minimum Engagement Range of 20m. Pistols, Handguns and Shotguns - 350 FPS

Why would you call that a "CQB" site?

If you want ROF, i'd go for a standard Firehawk - purely for the lulz - with a 11.1V Lipo.  Add a MOSFET, don't add a MOSFET, trigger contacts are much cheaper anyway.

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

http://www.airsoft-mansfield.co.uk/faq/

Why would you call that a "CQB" site?

If you want ROF, i'd go for a standard Firehawk - purely for the lulz - with a 11.1V Lipo.  Add a MOSFET, don't add a MOSFET, trigger contacts are much cheaper anyway.

I'm thinking of getting into it so no need to be rude

6 hours ago, Mr Monkey Nuts said:

The ares is an awesome gun for the cash, imo better than the g&g. Has a decent mosfet, well built and decent trigger response. Can take lipos and just works well oob. Don't mess with it and just enjoy it.

im tempted by the arp9 just for its looks.

thanks for the help

Ak74u or a Steyr AUG V3... The TM high speed ones are like a hose apparently. 

• Supporters
On 2/28/2018 at 9:47 PM, AshOnSnow said:

For CQB guns, I also recommend fitting a tightbore barrel and an SP85 or equivalent spring. The weaker spring will raise your ROF, even further without any more stress on the gearbox, and the tightbore will help compensate for the loss of FPS.

What are you on about?

Don't most indoor/cqb focused sites hate it when you spam the trigger though making ROF pointless? I mean i know some places don't mind (would love to hose bbs down semi auto with a dsg or HPA build + a tracer) but so far every site i have played at hates it if you spam the trigger so yet to see much point in insane ROF.

Ares guns are great, just be aware that you'll need to replace the bushings after a while, the stock ones are crap.

Especially if you use 11.1v batteries..

Or be a rich boi and get a TM High Cycle :P

3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

What are you on about?

Hero equip skill points

Low Power spring: +5 ROF, -8 FPS

Tightbore barrel:    +4 FPS

11.1 LiPo battery:  +18 ROF, -10 wear, +15% chance of break

derpy derp

Although true what LightningCh  said Re full auto restrictions on CQB

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Hero equip skill points

Low Power spring: +5 ROF, -8 FPS

Tightbore barrel:    +4 FPS

11.1 LiPo battery:  +18 ROF, -10 wear, +15% chance of break

derpy derp

Although true what LightningCh  said Re full auto restrictions on CQB

You have never built a gun have you?

Unless you have the worlds most gutless motor you will have sod all difference between an m85 and m100 in rof because the spring compression rate is not enough to slow the motor. Rof only gets affected when you have a low torque motor and a higher rate spring so the motor slows as it struggles to fully compress spring. I can chuck an m85 or an m140 in my gun and rof still sits at 27rps. Rof comes from motor speed and gear ratio and the other forces have very little effect except in extreme cases.

For CQB I'd want something build like a tank, that can take been smashed into walls and take no damage.

Aug's are O.K for CQB but not the A3 model. There's too much gumpf on the front. The a1 para or commando offer the best CQB layout. Smaller front profile slightly shorter inner barrel, Less weight on the front to cause fatigue. Upgrades for Aug's are simple enough it's a stock V3 gearbox and very robust. The plastic are also very durable. The biggest issues with the AUG are the noise when shooting, and the airseal can be frustrating to correct. Everything else is very good for them, good mag support, lots of brands none are known bad feeders even the cheap Gunfire midcaps are fine. battery space is limited but enough for a 7.4 2200mah 30C unit. If paired with a decent motor like a SHS high speed, or ASG ultimate CNC 35,000 then expect RPS in the high 20's. It's the best supported bullpup outside of the L85 in terms of parts and mags.

Several companies construct an AUG but there are only 3 real companies making them. APS, and JG. APS bodies can be spotted by the QC spring, and raised texture on the pistol grip, they tend to come with 7mm bearings. JG on the other hand is a mixed bag, Some have nylon bushings other rebrands have bearings, JG have the better trigger using a bearing den-dent to APS's sprung bar system. In actual real terms there is very little to differentiate them. The third company is Marui, There AUG's are hands down the best on the market and need nothing doing to them out of the box. However upgrading a marui can significantly shorten it's life.

My pick

https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152216088-GFG54-carbine-replica-black.html

The other gun would be an AK. But not just any AK an LCT. For a £250 budget you can get a top end one. Full steel, welded.Built like the real thing. Whilst internally it might be a little lacking externally they have no equal. The LCT TK104 NV Would the the gun I would start my searches with. It has a short rail section for a red dot, Comes with a massive mag, And is built in a way that makes every other gun of the field look like a toy. It's also got a collapse-able stock and the battery is still in the upper like a regular AK. And it has the side scope mount.

https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152197543-TK104-NV-assault-rifle-replica.html

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

You have never built a gun have you?

Unless you have the worlds most gutless motor you will have sod all difference between an m85 and m100 in rof because the spring compression rate is not enough to slow the motor. Rof only gets affected when you have a low torque motor and a higher rate spring so the motor slows as it struggles to fully compress spring. I can chuck an m85 or an m140 in my gun and rof still sits at 27rps. Rof comes from motor speed and gear ratio and the other forces have very little effect except in extreme cases.

Only going off what I’ve been told by techs.

M4 Firehawk. EASILY. Wouldn't even question it.

For me, that is the best gun you'll get that excels in CQB but isn't useless at range.

The small profile means you can duck and weave easily throughout the CQB sites, and the Firehawk has decent range (I've used it on some big sites)

Not to mention. The firehawk sounds f*cking terrifying, especially in close proximity. You will notice enemies keep their head down more when suppressing them 

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/03/2018 at 1:24 PM, Iceni said:

For CQB I'd want something build like a tank, that can take been smashed into walls and take no damage.

Aug's are O.K for CQB but not the A3 model. There's too much gumpf on the front. The a1 para or commando offer the best CQB layout. Smaller front profile slightly shorter inner barrel, Less weight on the front to cause fatigue. Upgrades for Aug's are simple enough it's a stock V3 gearbox and very robust. The plastic are also very durable. The biggest issues with the AUG are the noise when shooting, and the airseal can be frustrating to correct. Everything else is very good for them, good mag support, lots of brands none are known bad feeders even the cheap Gunfire midcaps are fine. battery space is limited but enough for a 7.4 2200mah 30C unit. If paired with a decent motor like a SHS high speed, or ASG ultimate CNC 35,000 then expect RPS in the high 20's. It's the best supported bullpup outside of the L85 in terms of parts and mags.

Several companies construct an AUG but there are only 3 real companies making them. APS, and JG. APS bodies can be spotted by the QC spring, and raised texture on the pistol grip, they tend to come with 7mm bearings. JG on the other hand is a mixed bag, Some have nylon bushings other rebrands have bearings, JG have the better trigger using a bearing den-dent to APS's sprung bar system. In actual real terms there is very little to differentiate them. The third company is Marui, There AUG's are hands down the best on the market and need nothing doing to them out of the box. However upgrading a marui can significantly shorten it's life.

My pick

https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152216088-GFG54-carbine-replica-black.html

I'm glad I stumbled across your recommendation mate! 

I'm also looking at getting into airsoft (will defo hire first of course! Haha) and I have been looking for a gun I could use both to skirmish and for cqb. I like the augs as they are more compact but with a full size barrel.

Do you know how this one would perform in terms of range? And if I bought another upper to enable a longer barrel/look would the internals be ok for That?

I apologise if these are stupid questions but like I said I'm new to it all 

• Supporters

Reminder, I'm often rude, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.  Airsoft Mansfield appears to be a woodland / open air site with guns up to 500fps.  I'd ignore the "CQB" part.

9 hours ago, Craigmc1983 said:
On 02/03/2018 at 1:24 PM, Iceni said:

I'm glad I stumbled across your recommendation mate! 

I'm also looking at getting into airsoft (will defo hire first of course! Haha) and I have been looking for a gun I could use both to skirmish and for cqb. I like the augs as they are more compact but with a full size barrel.

Do you know how this one would perform in terms of range? And if I bought another upper to enable a longer barrel/look would the internals be ok for That?

I apologise if these are stupid questions but like I said I'm new to it all

I was helping another guy in another thread, and put a load of information about the aug platform on there. It turned out that his model had a part missing and he has sent it back. Things like that can happen to any gun, but it serves as a reminder that buying from a reputable seller is essential.

The information in that thread should let you see what you are getting into if you go with an aug. The guy that posted the thread was truly unlucky with his, and I think it's put him off them for good.

Any barrel over 300mm will be fine for both CQB and open field games, Barrel length beyond that doesn't add to range or accuracy.

The AUG Commando variant is the best all rounder. It's got a 320mm barrel. It's a short gun, easy to point and move with. You don't need any extra uppers or barrel extensions as they will not add to the range or accuracy.

I’d recommend the arp9, only downsides are the high caps are pants so you’ll need a drum mag or go mid caps 

FF52F6C9-22A3-4988-A9A4-90F8A00BCD45.jpeg

Archived