What are the different types of Skirmishing?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i know there are different types or AS battles such as CQB, skirmishes etc but can someone give me a brief list of the most popular ones and what the differences between them are and if any of the rules vary between different types of games? thanks.

-Cianw1

Woodland

Urban

CQB

Woodland it open land and outside usually with a FPS limit of 350-450 fps

CQB all inside blind corners fast paced aggressive room clearance type games not for the faint hearted FPS of around 300

Urban is in the middle in and out of buildings and onto open ground so you get a mixed of both with a FPS rating of about 320ish

ah ok thanks are there anymore like roleplay and i think i read somewhere like modern miltary type games where you are in squads etc, but anyway i think the one closest to me is woodland which i think will be my favourite :D

There is two different categorys of Airsoft

Milsim (which is your as close to real life as you get)

Skirmishing (your sunday games made up of small objective based games)

• 3 months later...
ah ok thanks are there anymore like roleplay and i think i read somewhere like modern miltary type games where you are in squads etc, but anyway i think the one closest to me is woodland which i think will be my favourite :D

Yes, but you will have to go to stirlings airsoft for that. Themed games such as Scotland v England, UK vs taliban.. things like that. Warning tho,stirling Airsoft is almost as close as you can get to the real thing. Its based in coventry and ran by ex special forces.

Ill be there soon.

Its for serious people. Not for kids.

http://www.stirlingairsoft.com/

Archived