A&K LR300 Motor removal

abbadon101
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have to downgrade the spring in my new LR 300 to a Systema 1J spring, but I cant get the motor out of the pistol grip in order to get the mechbox out. Is there a technique to it? Or are they just a bugger to get out?

Any advice would be great.

Found out what the problem was.

The grub screw for the gear at the end of the motor was too long and so caught on the mechbox when trying to remove it. All sorted now ( all it needed was a firm but gentle pull and it came out)

I took the mechbox apart and cleaned it ( there was grease EVERYWHERE) reassembled and I am waiting for the new spring (if it isnt here tomorow I am going to my local Parcel force distribution unit and F**K THEM UP!!!!11!!!!!!111!) :P

No i regreased all the bushings (6mm metal btw) piston guide piston cylinder gears blah blah blah.... as it says in the video on mechbox.com but there was TONS of manky green grease everywhere (they were obviously generous when assembling).

New spring is installed now shoots fine but dont have room to adjust the hopup (had to test it inside) so will do that later at my game site.

I will be having it cronoed on sunday so will tell you how it fairs. The few test shots I did (around 60ish) all seemed to be as powerful as before but I only had around 10-12m or ranger so its hard to tell. I will do a test at my sights range and see what distance I can achieve as well (looking to be around 40-50m with any luck :) )

Archived