Eotech clones that actually work?

E21A
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, E21A said:

Do they exsist?? I’ve bought 3 different ones now and they are all blurry!!! 

What do you mean by blurry? If you're talking about the reticle then it's your eyes that are the problem not the sight itself. Go put some glasses on or take a picture with your phone and see what I mean. 

It could also be the lighting conditions in the area you're in. For example during daytime my 551 replica is perfectly clear but indoors or at night it gets blurry. 

Could be the eye relief? Well, lack of... My pinty reflex comes up really clear on pictures but to the eye, regardless of distance to sight it looks a little blurred (so i just stick it to simple dot and its enough)

On 26/02/2018 at 9:08 PM, Gepard said:

What do you mean by blurry? If you're talking about the reticle then it's your eyes that are the problem not the sight itself. Go put some glasses on or take a picture with your phone and see what I mean. 

It could also be the lighting conditions in the area you're in. For example during daytime my 551 replica is perfectly clear but indoors or at night it gets blurry. 

Sod all wrong with my eyes chap! Everyone I work with also sees the reticule as blurry. 

• Root Admin

Even proper holographics like Holosun (for example) are blurry if you don't use them right. Keep both eyes open, relax focus and look past the reticule rather than at it.

Cheaper replicas might also require the correct eye relief by moving them forward or backwards on the rail.

1 hour ago, proffrink said:

Even proper holographics like Holosun (for example) are blurry if you don't use them right. Keep both eyes open, relax focus and look past the reticule rather than at it.

Cheaper replicas might also require the correct eye relief by moving them forward or backwards on the rail.

Hooray for forums filled with people who know what they are doing lol. Ill have to try this with mine and see if it makes a difference (i was aware about the eye relief, just not the first bit)

Update: Following Proffrink's instructions my sight is really clear now :) Although a bit weird on the eye looking through the lens and not at the bright light lol

Thanks for all the replies. I’ve sent them all back now! Lol 

i tried them them at various distances and with both eyes open etc. 

what at brands are you all using? 

• Supporters

i'm running just a we clone and i'd mirror what gepard said- without glasses (very very mildly short sighted) it's blurry, but with glasses (or a magnifier) it's crystal clear.

i remember reading it's something to do with the hologram being made to appear at optical infinity, so it looks more like a laser that's on the target and doesn't need you to focus on 2 things, hence why it's blurry if you don't have good eyesight.

• Supporters
On 28/02/2018 at 6:42 AM, E21A said:

Sod all wrong with my eyes chap! Everyone I work with also sees the reticule as blurry. 

Even a one point difference in either eye will make the sight appear blurry under certain conditions. Again, it could just be the lighting conditions. You may not need glasses for day to day life but in order to get perfect vision you will have to put some on and see if it helps. I guarantee it will.

• Supporters

Mines not blurry.

The edges on mine and everything look like if you shine a laser off a surface and look at that surface.

Also the front element is not mirrored, i get no parallax issues or fogging.

It is in about the middle but towards the forward end of the upper Reciever

Mines and EoTech 552.

As for brand and model mines an L3 Communications EoTech 552.

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm running just a we clone and i'd mirror what gepard said- without glasses (very very mildly short sighted) it's blurry, but with glasses (or a magnifier) it's crystal clear.

i remember reading it's something to do with the hologram being made to appear at optical infinity, so it looks more like a laser that's on the target and doesn't need you to focus on 2 things, hence why it's blurry if you don't have good eyesight.

Cheap eotech clone sights are not holographic just red dots.

My Eotech 552 is not blurry and the lense is not tinted in anyway, clear as day. However I do occasionally see a slight ghost at obscure angles (just the lenses doing that mirror effect). Funnily enough with tinted goggles it all goes away as the ghost is very faint, in daylight it is hardly visible. It is also invisible if the sight is perfectly lined up dead on as the mirror effect is matched neutralizing itself. It's worked for 10 years on airsoft/airguns and cost about £90.

If anyone is seeing the blurring like a comet with a tail then it is stigmatism.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

true, but the principle is the same

no it isn't!

Fake EoTech clones are just red dot sights that bounce the LED light off the front elements mirrored surface.

Real EoTech clones are actually holographic sights and yes the front glass element is clear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Either I have better eyesight than you lot or I've been dead lucky buying cheap EoTechs! I use a spectacularly cheap one at The Mall and I have no problem with the lens being dark. I have a G&G one too that is fine to see through but fits the rail on my G&G SCAR like a dick in a shirtsleeve so it tends to get left behind!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks 

I got a different style in the end but I’ve just bought another rifle so may look into your suggestions as I’ll be wanting another optic soon. 

Never had a blurring issue but why they feel the need to tint the lenses is beyond me. The couple I’ve tried have been much too dark. 

Just now, Wo1f said:

Never had a blurring issue but why they feel the need to tint the lenses is beyond me. The couple I’ve tried have been much too dark. 

Its becuse the clones are not holo sights, they’re reflecting, so to get a good reflection, they mirror the view lense.

Archived