HPA Carrier

Sako
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

looks nice, but the truth is, you're gonna have troubles with single shoulder bags.. you're gonna get tired much earlier than if you used a 2 shoulder strap pack.. trust me, 90% of the time i spend outside i have some sort of messenger bag or a backpack on me (unless i'm out with friends, in that case i just have beer in my stomach) and when i use a single shoulder strap bag, I get tired faster..

just get a regular backpack, something along the lines of the Eagle Industries Modular Assault Pack (of course get a replica if you don't want to dish out £200 :P )..

Or just something with a hydration bladder/water bottle holder INSIDE the pack really lol

• Root Admin

Warrior Assault Systems also do an excellent 'Assault Pack' that stays relatively stable. Exactly the same as the above - the elasticated hydration pouch inside will hold anything up to an 88ci tank with no issues at all and can be very stable if you have the straps properly fitted.

Any of these backpacks will be useless if you have the straps too loose though. I see it all the time.

2 hours ago, Skara said:

looks nice, but the truth is, you're gonna have troubles with single shoulder bags.. you're gonna get tired much earlier than if you used a 2 shoulder strap pack.. trust me, 90% of the time i spend outside i have some sort of messenger bag or a backpack on me (unless i'm out with friends, in that case i just have beer in my stomach) and when i use a single shoulder strap bag, I get tired faster..

just get a regular backpack, something along the lines of the Eagle Industries Modular Assault Pack (of course get a replica if you don't want to dish out £200 :P )..

Or just something with a hydration bladder/water bottle holder INSIDE the pack really lol

I actually have a standard type backpack already but fancied something different (for no particular reason really)

4 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Warrior Assault Systems also do an excellent 'Assault Pack' that stays relatively stable. Exactly the same as the above - elasticated hydration pouch will hold anything up to an 88ci tank with no issues at all and will be very stable.

I’ve seen a bag called the viper tactical panther that I think looks quite good too (but was after something a bit different), due to not wanting to spend a fortune I may go with the panther.

8DD228C7-C3A2-4E4E-B7A4-9DDADEC4D01A.png

• Supporters

I don't like single strap bags for all the reasons @Skara mentioned. Unless you're trying to imitate The Division then stick to two straps. Bonus points if you find one that has molle straps on the inside and buckles for attaching to PCs. 

What about the one day modular pack by viper? I reckon you'd fit a HPA system in there just fine. 

Viper_One_Day_Coyote.jpg

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

I don't like single strap bags for all the reasons @Skara mentioned. Unless you're trying to imitate The Division then stick to two straps. Bonus points if you find one that has molle straps on the inside and buckles for attaching to PCs. 

What about the one day modular pack by viper? I reckon you'd fit a HPA system in there just fine. 

Viper_One_Day_Coyote.jpg

I do like the look of the one day modular, the only issue is the straps seem pretty sh**ty compared to the panther.

personally I don’t wear a PC or run a specific load out, I run light with backpack and drop leg M4 mag carrier.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Sako said:

I do like the look of the one day modular, the only issue is the straps seem pretty sh**ty compared to the panther.

personally I don’t wear a PC or run a specific load out, I run light with backpack and drop leg M4 mag carrier.

Warrior make one but it's a tad more expensive. If you don't trust viper's quality then that would be a step up. 

These are designed for going on the back of PCs so perhaps not what you're looking for.

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

Warrior make one but it's a tad more expensive. If you don't trust viper's quality then that would be a step up. 

These are designed for going on the back of PCs so perhaps not what you're looking for.

2 hours ago, proffrink said:

Be aware that the Warrior one doesn't come with straps. They're a separate purchase.

All round it's not cheap. Again why you should look for second handers if possible :)

Cheers for the ideas lads, think as I’m not rocking a PC I’ll just grab a Viper Panther and see how I get on (looks a decent size and padded straps). 

I’ll field test it for an HPA setup and write something up once I’m done.

Archived