Asg Aug XS Commando

ReySkywalker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Don't know anything about the gun, however you have 4 ways to lower FPS depending.

Easiest, put a lower powered spring in.

Easy and costless if you have tools, cut the spring (1ring = 5-10fps roughly)

Moderately hard if you're new, port the cylinder (research volume matching and understand this before you do anything!!)

Hard, Short stroke, removing certain teeth on gears so the piston is not pulled back far enough and therefore less air is pushed out (Do extensive research or give to a tech for this)

I would opt for one of the first 2 if I were you personally, much less hassle and fairly straight forward to do, the other two are more down the line teching options to do with volume matching and high speed builds etc.

1 minute ago, Corky2110 said:

Don't know anything about the gun, however you have 4 ways to lower FPS depending.

Easiest, put a lower powered spring in.

Easy and costless if you have tools, cut the spring (1ring = 5-10fps roughly)

Moderately hard if you're new, port the cylinder (research volume matching and understand this before you do anything!!)

Hard, Short stroke, removing certain teeth on gears so the piston is not pulled back far enough and therefore less air is pushed out (Do extensive research or give to a tech for this)

I would opt for one of the first 2 if I were you personally, much less hassle and fairly straight forward to do, the other two are more down the line teching options to do with volume matching and high speed builds etc.

cheers man, would probably get a tech to do it, dont mind cutting the spring myself if it comes out and goes back in easy, good that it can be lowered as my current rifle shoots at around 320fps, and marshalls can be complete arses if you have a gone slightly over the limit, and they dont care if its new or whatever.

Just now, ReySkywalker said:

cheers man, would probably get a tech to do it, dont mind cutting the spring myself if it comes out and goes back in easy, good that it can be lowered as my current rifle shoots at around 320fps, and marshalls can be complete arses if you have a gone slightly over the limit, and they dont care if its new or whatever.

It's the nature of the game and new UK laws means it can't be caught too hot or not only you but the site that lets you play could get in trouble, like driving, speeding is speeding, 1mp or 20mph over. 

If its a quick change spring, it'll be fairly simple, if not you have to open the gearbox up and it'll seem daunting as hell but it isn't that hard as long as you don't over tighten the screws on the way back in and all the right parts sit as they were (just do it all slowly and you'll be fine).

Just now, Corky2110 said:

It's the nature of the game and new UK laws means it can't be caught too hot or not only you but the site that lets you play could get in trouble, like driving, speeding is speeding, 1mp or 20mph over. 

If its a quick change spring, it'll be fairly simple, if not you have to open the gearbox up and it'll seem daunting as hell but it isn't that hard as long as you don't over tighten the screws on the way back in and all the right parts sit as they were (just do it all slowly and you'll be fine).

Read a lot of reviews and vids o it and yes it a quick change spring so that's good news!

13 minutes ago, ReySkywalker said:

Read a lot of reviews and vids o it and yes it a quick change spring so that's good news!

Awesome, won't be too much work then. a bit of a pain but only fiddly stuff, nothing hard! Just a bit of elbow grease needed!

Good luck

I would check it on a chrono and put a few rounds through to allow the spring to settle. If it tested 350 at the factory chances are after a few mags through it will drop to 335-345. I would warn against cutting springs down, yes it works in the short term but they have ground flat ends for a reason it will cause premature spring guide wear. If it's a quick change just throw a new one in for a £10

Just now, Alunduk said:

I would check it on a chrono and put a few rounds through to allow the spring to settle. If it tested 350 at the factory chances are after a few mags through it will drop to 335-345. I would warn against cutting springs down, yes it works in the short term but they have ground flat ends for a reason it will cause premature spring guide wear. If it's a quick change just throw a new one in for a £10

With the proper guide, cutting the spring would be fine as long as you bend the top coil back in to create a flat surface elminiating and issues.

1 hour ago, Alunduk said:

Or is your anywhere near me (Leeds) I've got a box of mystery springs your welcome to try out

in cheshire mate near stoke, have not got the gun yet though mate but cheers anyway

The quick change spring is easy but not tool free. You still need to remove the plate from inside the battery compartment. It's 2 screws with cross heads. You then need an allen key to remove the spring guide and spring, you have to push in the spring guide and turn it 45 degrees in any direction.

Takes about 5 mins to do, and can be done by any competent tech without a lot of fuss.

It's the same system that APS and Gunfire Corp guns use and is different from JG made guns that don't  have the QC system. You can get new spring guides from APS if you ever need one since it is not a standard AEG part. It's a 4 prong type.

The spring guides are often a bit tight on the spring, and because of that the bearing is pretty much redundant unless you file the guide down a touch so the spring can actually use the bearing.

http://www.aps-concept.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_118&product_id=225

Archived