Ics L85 mag feeding issue.

teragaxu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, my ICS L85A2 wont feed unless i push my mag up when firing or i put lots of tape around the mags to make it fit tightly and this very annoying as it isn't with just aftermarket mags it is also the ics mags it came with.

Any fixes would be appreciated.

If the problem is present with various mags then the fault lies in the gun.

Check the mag release catch is functioning properly and that your hop unit isn't loose or the feed tube on the hop unit isn't damaged.

The feed tube has to penetrate the mags far enough to disengage the BB stop in the top of the mags.

Did you buy the gun first hand or second hand? If first hand (I'll be assuming it's still in warranty based on the fact you've only just complained) I'd get in contact with them and explain the issue.

If second hand, I'd text/email the person you bought it off and ask if they had any issues with this. They might lie and say no even if they did, but worth an ask as they may know about a little kink in the gun that can help.

Now: as an L85 owner myself (granted not an ICS, but the rough knowledge should pass-over) I know that the mag well can be a bastard on SA80s.

Clear out the mag-well, get a bright torch and look into it. You should be able to see the mag-release catch (if you can't, keep pressing and releasing on the mag-release button and you should see something moving.). Try and follow the mag in and see if it clears pass the catch. You should also hear a click. If it doesn't, the problem is with a) the Mags (unlikely seeing as the mags that it came with should work) or b] the mag catch.

I'll go with the most likely issue first: the mag catch. It MAY require it to be filed down (this was initially suggest to me however I decided against it.) Should be a relatively easy fix.

If it's the mags themselves. Which it shouldn't be, but if it is, follow it in and see if it's catching on the mag-well itself. You may need to use pliers on the rear of the mag to get them to fit. This is what I had to do.

TL;DR 

- Figure out what issue is. If mags - they may need resizing. Use pliers on the appropriate area. If mag-catch - may need filing down.

All that said - if you hear a distinct click when you put a mag in and it still doesn't fire, that indicates it's probably a hop-up issue or something internal. Of which I'm learning, but useless at non the less. If you're not hearing a click, my issues are possibilities.

Had a similar thing. I got the ics carbine version. The 2 mags that came with work fine. I bought another new ics mag for it. High cap. And that one doesnt feed well unless you really push it in hard. Then it works fine. Bugger to get back out though. Only fear is that that mags potentially going to damage the gun.   So its now the untra fall back mag. As how often will you need a 3rd high cap?

Archived