GoPro setup idea?

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to strap my gopro hero 3 on my head, in a way that doesn't annoy the crap out of me..

Right now I'm using the sh*tty head strap, which is terrible because the elastic bands are already done and I can't really see where the camera's looking at, resulting in full 20 minutes clips showing only my gun and feet or looking at the sky..

I know there's BrainExploder stuff out there but atm it's out of my reach (ehm, €60+shipping for a piece of 3d printed plastic?)..

I mainly wear bush hats and ball caps, helmets are just a nono for our environments (lots and lots of branches to snag on them)..

Next week I'll buy a 10000 mAh battery pack to extend the crappy battery life (right now it lasts about a hour, maybe something less) so there's also that and the wiring to consider..

How do you strap yours? What mods can I do to my head strap to make it less crappy?

• Supporters

Perhaps @Samurai could help? He owns a 3d printer and could possibly make one for you. 

I'm interested in this too. Just now I have mine mounted on the front of my guns... Gives a bit of an interesting view but I do end up with lots of useless footage. 

Let me get my bush hat out (again this is from the bundle i collected today lol)

You can get mounts with reinforcements in (when i think about it, it may be custom made)

20180224_231527.thumb.jpg.4f16b992cfe9cccce8f37ce8303473e1.jpg

Front view

20180224_231517.thumb.jpg.632de3ef8a85f241d3b573e8c3b665e2.jpg

This does hold the go pro up quite well despite its a fabric hat. Yet to actually try it through as i haven't got the locking bolt to hold the go pro case in place. Also noticed that you may not be able to push the cam back properly with this though..? Need to test it, once i have a screw that fits the mount, ill test this for you all :)

Get the remote viewer app for your phone so you can see what the camera see when setting up. 

I have a cap mount made for the GoPro similar to brainexploders I’ll send a pic on Friday when I’m back from travelling.

i am happy to make them for people who need it, my only downside is I only have bright orange PLA So you’ll need to paint it.

Hours of pointless footage is the reason I dont use mine anymore. I used to use the elastic head straps and put on a baseball cap backwards over the straps so the go pro was facing forwards out of the back of the cap.

But sometimes it would get knocked and point in silly angles and directions or capture my swearing or having pointless conversations and hours of me watching my step walking through bushes etc.

Oh and was also pretty pointless at The Mall as it was mostly too dark to pick up anything.

Luckily I use it for wark a bit so its not a complete waste of money but I dont think I ever got any good airsoft footage (not that I could be arsed to find and edit anyway)

Something like samurai's one, but more "modular", which I can use with both a ball cap and a bush hat.

If that's not possible I may give up and buy a helmet (which is very hard to find in my size, I have a big head :()

and get a nvg mount..

I'll have a few tries on autocad and see what happens..

On a side note, how much is it going to cost me for your mount (gopro hero 3)@SamuraiSamurai?

Archived