Im very upset, My youtube channel has been suspended. (updated)

Marc.RG1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Mods and admin i sincerely apologise if i have put this in the wrong place..

Hi all,
so yeah not a nice topic this one, i have just had two back to back emails from youtube saying:

We'd like to inform you that due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines (https://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines), your YouTube account Clustermarc's Airsoft & Airgun Reviews & More has been suspended.

WTF, The video of mine that has meant! to have caused this is a video review i did years ago "Airsoft gun functioning silencer ACTION S.T. Suppressor" i have opened an appeal, but with my luck it will not surprise me if i have lost my channel for good, i remember when this happend to mozzieblue a few years ago. It has took me a good few years to build my channel and i have worked hard on it and helping people so if i do loose it for good, i think that would push me over the edge and i would not create another, to be totally honest i think it would make me give up the hobby too as the youtube side for me was a huge factor in me continuing with the sport/hobby..

i have appealed but youtube have already replied saying my channel will stay suspended, they did not state the reasons but just stated the video in question repeated to break rules and guidelines, unfortunately you can only appeal once as well

Wish me luck guys, i dont want to put a downer on things but if this is the end of my channel it could well me the end of the hobby for me two..

Happy Shooting All.

ATB, Marc..

9 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

That is a real bummer, good luck with getting it back 

Thank you mate, hopefully youtube will get back to me with a proper explanation on why my channel was suspended and I can get it recovered. Took me years to build that I can't go through all that again. 

ATB Marc 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'm willing to bet they've picked up on the words "Gun" and "Functioning Silencer".

They probably think you're trying to teach people how to illegally make a real silencer for real guns.

19 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'm willing to bet they've picked up on the words "Gun" and "Functioning Silencer".

They probably think you're trying to teach people how to illegally make a real silencer for real guns.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

im going to assume that YouTube is now run by Vegan gender neutral asexual feminists, who have a penchant for vaping.

Yet you can still find IS propaganda bullshit on there along with gender neutral asexual feminist vegans vlogs on how to not vaccine your kids and have them rejected by elementary schools (happened here in Italy lol)..

This society is dumbing down everything, everything has to be politically correct and if you say "gun" you're a terrorist..

I hope you get your channel back Marc..

Also, f*ck YouTube, that's not a valid reason to quit airsoft at all ;) unless you're novritsch and you can't sell your overpriced bolt action anymore..

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Marc.RG1 said:

if this is the end of my channel it could well me the end of the hobby for me

Then you're a YouTuber, not an airsofter.

Maybe try out the alternatives to YouTube rather than pinning your hopes, dreams and ambitions on their social-justice-robo-censors.  It's only getting more Progressive from here.

• Supporters

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately unless you've got 100,000+ subscribers you're unlikely to get your appeal even reviewed let alone accepted. 

It's just YouTube sh*tting on the little guy whilst allowing big channels (ie, the money makers) free reign over the platform. 

It sucks and I wish you the best of luck in getting it reinstated but chances are it won't happen. 

YouTube has been going downhill for years and stuff like this is just one of the many examples as to why. 

40 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Then you're a YouTuber, not an airsofter.

Maybe try out the alternatives to YouTube rather than pinning your hopes, dreams and ambitions on their social-justice-robo-censors.  It's only getting more Progressive from here.

I have always been and will be a shooter first before a youtuber, i do all shooting sports mate, airsoft/airguns and real steel, be it target shooting or clay. Im not going to lie skirmishing days are behind me now due to ill health but the sport and other aspects of it is not.. but when years of your work is taking away its very disheartening..

Hi All, first of i just want to say thank you to everyone for your support. :)

Yes all this is shocking and very disheartening for our hobby and sport, and is outrageous to be honest, i am not the only one to be targeted many others have too.
youtube has way to many double standards thats for sure, and as some have said if i had 1 video out of my 200+ that was going against youtubes terms and guidelines, which im pretty sure it was not, why not just delete that video, not my whole channel and about 3 years worth of work. lewis could be right in the fact they might not have liked the word functional silencer, but dam type that in to youtube and see what you get lol..

I touched on this a little already but i have filled out an appeal form and sent it to youtube but ten minutes later got a reply saying my appeal has been refused and my channel will stay suspended and accorded to there terms and guidelines a suspended channel is prevented from creating a new channel so even though i have all my videoes backed up on pc making a new channel does not seem to be an option anyway..

I do not swear in my videos, i have never showed irresponsible use of airsoft or airguns in my videos and even to the point in every video description i state this:

The Replica Airguns and Airsoft "weapons" on my channel and in my collection are all essentially non lethal sporting guns that fire 4.5mm BB's, .177 pellets or 6mm plastic BBs and are legal to own in the UK, USA and many other countries worldwide, with certain guidelines and laws in place that I always adhere to..
I Do Not condone or agree with any type of violence or the misuse of replica guns or firearms of any type, or any other weapons. For our shooting sports and hobby to continue everyone should respect the law in your country and abide by the rules and regulations.

Like i say making youtube videos and Helping People was a big part in me continuing with the hobby/sport (just like this forum and others are) but it was more then that for me, i dont talk about this much as i tend to keep my private life private, but being disabled and house bound most of the time making youtube videos, was a big outlet for me and helped my time and mental state as silly as that may sound, but not only that, it helped fund my hobby, lol dont get me wrong my channel was small so i was only making around £12 to £18 a month but that did add up and was funding my hobby, oh and i was just £10 off getting my next payment, which i will not get now lol..

i can't emphasize enough, it was not the money that made me start making youtube videos, it was down to me wanting to help people as i found way to many youtubers just knocking out unboxing after unboxing but was not really there to help people.

so this has effected me in a few ways. To be honest im going to try and continue with the hobby, maybe just let a few guns go for now, im not going to be hasty though, but i  shoot them much less then i used to, so making videos on them was one of the reason to kept so many of  them, but i will still continue to go to gun club when possible and shoot RS with the family thats and shoot airsoft etc from time to time for sure, and of course i will show my head on here still just maybe not as much as i used to, we will see what happens..

Of course i will contact youtube again and see if theres a way forward in me getting my channel ban lifted but apart from that i dont know what else i can do..

Making my own website though is not really an option for a few reasons, i would not know where to start for one lol..

Hope you all have a good weekend im going to go try and chill out now, thanks again everyone, its people like you that make our hobby/sport great..
All the best, marc

Wait do you think they're targeting you because you educate people on firearm maintenance and assembly?

In a world where the British government are more guilty than most for not only training but also educating the likes of Bin Laden etc I kind of see why these types of channel could be deemed unsafe. 

9 minutes ago, Duff said:

Wait do you think they're targeting you because you educate people on firearm maintenance and assembly?

In a world where the British government are more guilty than most for not only training but also educating the likes of Bin Laden etc I kind of see why these types of channel could be deemed unsafe. 

who knows mate, i have only ever kepted my channel to airsoft and airguns mostly airsoft, but who knows the radicals could start use airsoft nowadays.. lol well no point me keep moaning i just got to start moving forward if it the end of my channel and youtube days so be it, got a lovely wife and kid, and many nice people on my two go-to forums to speak to. :)

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Duff said:

An algorithm has been triggered for some opaque, obscure, non-negotiable reason.  OP has appealed to another algorithm masquerading as a person which has followed its programming and rejected his appeal.

YouTube is not run by "they" any more.  It's run by series of very small shell scripts written by soy-boy male-feminists with the explicit purpose of gulaging anything that's not a rainbow diversity music video, SJW damage control piece, or a makeup tutorial.

If your self esteem or income stream is dependent on passing YouTube's cultural approval litmus test, you're in for a rude awakening.  I'm sorry if this is news to you.

If it's Youtube acting out of the US then it's the word Silencer.

The word is rarely used on their side of the pond as it draws a lot of unwanted attention being illegal there. They normally just call them by other names to get round it even though everyone knows exactly what they are visually.

yeah as touched on a little bit already its a computer generated system flagging channels, so its pot luck to which gun channels will be affected or not, we are seeing it widely spreading now, channels are dropping like flys, its only going to get worse before it gets better, im going to try not letting the youtube thing defeat me and am looking into different avenues so i can continue doing what i do and enjoy doing it, shooting and helping people. :)

Thanks again for everyones support and i feel sorry for all other people affected by whats happening, be them small channels like mine or big ones..

Happy Shooting All..

ATB, Marc..

On 2/24/2018 at 10:05 AM, Skara said:

Yet you can still find IS propaganda bullshit on there along with gender neutral asexual feminist vegans vlogs on how to not vaccine your kids and have them rejected by elementary schools (happened here in Italy lol)..

This society is dumbing down everything, everything has to be politically correct and if you say "gun" you're a terrorist..

I hope you get your channel back Marc..

Also, f*ck YouTube, that's not a valid reason to quit airsoft at all ;) unless you're novritsch and you can't sell your overpriced bolt action anymore..

Is he struggling to sell? I thought everyone was snapping up those bargain rifles. haha  

What I meant is:

Novritsch is selling his gun because of YouTube, if YT shuts down his channel he won't sell it anymore..

Ofc he sells a lot of them, most kids are "oh with his gun I will rape everyone" while it's only a extremely high power gun. it only takes a properly tuned mancraft sdik slapped onto a vsr10 to outperform the ssg.. And it's waaaaay cheaper..

Sorry, I hate him, it's just that all the new kids here show up with sniper rifles and they don't even know how to put their glasses on, purely because of him..

They show up for a couple of Sundays and then quit because being a sniper here in Italy is completely different than in the rest of the world..

Sorry again for the salt. If mods want to remove this part because it's not on topic, feel free to do it.

Back on topic:

Marc shouldn't give up on airsoft because of a dumb multinational company, apparently ran by gender neutral feminist vegans that decided to shut down his channel because of the word "gun" in a video, nor should any of us..

Unfortunately it's also happening to a lot of airgun channels as well, always without reason and appeals fall on deaf ears.

Morons in power have deemed airsoft and airguns as just as dangerous as live firing AR15s etc.

People are morons

Hi all, I hope its ok that I put this here,  last thing I want to do is get in trouble here. :)

But I wanted to update everyone.. 
As I'm still waiting on YouTube to manually review my channel which could take ages, if ever done, I have now started to upload my videos to dailymotion, to be honest dailymotion is not very good for getting new views and followers or even my old subscribers crossing over etc, but it will at least allow me to upload my videos and eventually get them back on the forums like here so you don't have to look at blank topics I've started, I have updated and sorted a few of my topics on here last night, and I will do the rest within a few days. 

6 videos done only another 200+ to go lol, and I can only upload a maximum of a 60 minute video in one go and a daily video upload limit of 2 hours worth, so yeah it will take a few months to get them all my videos uploaded I think lol, but I will sort my topics on this forum first so they are not black and keeps the forum tidy.. :)

But I'm in it for the long haul,  I'll not make any money off the ads like I did on YouTube too so that's another downside, but I can still do what I enjoy most too making videos and helping people so that's the main thing..

Once I sort out dailymotion and the UBC I will then create a clustermarc.com website (website not forum) I've bought the domain name. I will gladly add this forum to it as well if I'm allowed, I will speak to mods/admin closer to the time. 

Im still hoping to get my YouTube channel back but I'm not holding my breath so Im sorting other things out.. 

Happy shooting all. Roll on tonight it's gun club night. :)

ATB Marc 

Did you burn your edit film on to DVD? If you didn't then you should. Start up a new channel, edit again what ever they picked up on, and throw some random footage in things like having fun with friends, film your cat (If you have one) This apparently brings in other people to your channel, obviously focus MOST of your film on your hobby, I have a mate who films a lot of his rifle shooting at the firing range, he also films his washing machine washing his clothes..... He has 100 and odd thousand follows, mainly for his washing. haha I let you all find him on YouTube rather than send you a link! Spare you the boredem. 

Archived