Trigger troubles

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm in the midst of building a new M4 project and as part of that I wanted to change to a blade style trigger. Bought a Big Dragon one and a replacement set of SHS/RA trigger contacts and wiring to change from front to rear wiring.

The donor gun is an old TM M4A1 and the issue is that if I use the new trigger it doesn't mate with the back end of the trigger trolley so it basically pops off and doesn't make the contacts. Any ideas? Using the old trigger and the original trolley in the new contact block works OK for now but it's not where I really want to go.

Second problem - the trigger works fine in Semi, but feels like the safety is on when I select auto. Selector plate most likely cause or....?

Perhaps not helpful but as ideas you can use solder or pieces of copper to extend either the trigger trolly head and contacts as well as bend them into any shape you want, giving the desired feel from the trigger pull (you can also get heavier or weaker trigger springs).

If it's not reaching just sounds like non compatible part problem, could fix with some piece(s) of old credit card/metal tape on the trigger (similar to a hair trigger build) to close the gap between the trolley and trigger.

Could you elaborate on the second part because in my mind it sounds like the trigger assembly (from trigger to switch assembly) is being pulled slightly and full auto has become hair trigger somehow? - perhaps the selector switch is pushing it from an accident upon install? 

Your second issue sounds like some crazy magic in all honesty..

EDIT:   OR - do you mean that the trigger is stuck and with a small amount of force it works? (usually only happens on semi auto when you have a misaligned trolley assembly on top of a worn fire selector arm but it's possible on full auto if parts are sticking I suppose)

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Corky2110 said:

EDIT:   OR - do you mean that the trigger is stuck and with a small amount of force it works? (usually only happens on semi auto when you have a misaligned trolley assembly on top of a worn fire selector arm but it's possible on full auto if parts are sticking I suppose)

Yes.....sometimes.

More often that not it's properly stuck though.

23 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Yes.....sometimes.

More often that not it's properly stuck though.

From past experience, seeing as the parts are dirt cheap.

first check the trolly lift up catch on the left side isn’t too worn, also check the selector switch.

if you think both or one are worn, just replace them, really cheap.

Unfortunatley that’s all I can think of for the issue, again just a bit of DIY to get the trigger to catch the trolley for the big dragon one.

good luck!

• Supporters

Welcome to the world of incompatible parts that should be compatible. This is the reason I recommend people not to fix what's not broken.

You can start changing parts around until you find a combination that works.

3 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

Well think most of what has been said already is sound advice

Not much for me to add except if any snowflakes get triggered here is a warning....

GhROnGP.png

Saving this.. for reasons..

Archived