Laws around all black guns for under 18's

DarkPreacher
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Heya,

So I've just starting out in airsoft, planning to buy myself a gun after I've completed my third game and got my UKARA licence as i'm over 18. I'm planning on getting an all black gun as this has been recommended, however my younger brother who plays with me is only 14 and of course wants his own gun. My question is would he be allowed to use an all black gun if I legally own it? And if so, would he be able to attend airsofting events without me there, as he sometimes goes with another over 18 year old as his guardian.

Much appreciated guys

• Head Moderator

Yes, he can use any gun that you own even if you are not there with him.

Note: UKARA is not a license.

• Supporters

Plus if you were to buy an all black gun, your allowed to "gift" it to him, as long as no money changes hands between you & him.

• Supporters

As above, you're fine on the legalities of ownership, and nobody at the site is going to raise an eyebrow about how he came by a RIF anyway.

What you might want to consider is whether you can trust him with it off-site when you're not around to keep an eye on him.  In particular if he's not being dropped off and picked up.  He's not going to start waggling his weapon in public, right?

Archived